* * * * * 7 votes

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

• Please log in to reply

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:58 PM ( #21 )

Ultra-bright pink body, cream outline.... girly :P

Well, its color is girly, Bandai will release other colors too, I think this new Tama's design is really unisex, especially if you can make your own faceplates like a Tama-Go :)

Let me say I hate the pierces, they have cool features but SD card like cards to insert into the P's was a much better idea.
The pierces was a good idea, because Bandai doesn't need to release a new version just for some new characters (like the iD Lovely Melody and iD L Princess Spacy), so they should make something for this new version with similar features of the pierces, possibly SD cards...
  • Carol_tama likes this

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:59 PM ( #22 )

OH YAY!
That would be exciting!
I would so be getting that with my birthday money (When that time comes.... eue)

-Tamacass

• NATUUURE :D likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:09 PM ( #23 )

I think the border of it is gold, not cream o3o;

Also, it seems to be much darker in color than previous Japanese Tamagotchis instead of being pastel.

So if you have a dark blue Tamagotchi with a gold rim, and put on a boyish faceplate, it wouldn't look girly B)

I think Bandai is trying to make Tamagotchi a bit more unisex since the new anime is a lot less girly even though there are lots of female characters~

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:56 PM ( #24 )

That's true, since the original trio is bigger on the new anime's poster.
I've seen a lot of pictures of Japanese male children who like Tamagotchi, so they should make them unisex again.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:41 PM ( #25 )

I sort of wish that Miraitchi and Kururutchi don't come back, along with Yumemitchi and Kiraritchi, oh god, but they are sadly, i wish it was really back to normal, just with the extra Pianitchi, Coffretchi, Neenetchi and Orenetchi

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:39 PM ( #26 )

I sure hope so! It looks really cool! Lets hope its not too expensive!-- even though we all know it probably will be. ^_^

Edited by TotallyTamagotchi, 04 April 2014 - 11:40 PM.

papergirl666

• papergirl666 user photo

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:46 AM ( #27 )

Hello you talk about tamagotchi? 
See the ebay link 
already exists in Japanese version, do you think it will come out in English?

http://www.cafr.ebay...382ccd39&_uhb=1

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:57 PM ( #28 )

This is a Tamagotchi Plus Color that actually came out a few years ago...

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Itsumo-nana

• itsumo-nana user photo

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:43 PM ( #29 )

Bandai JP's target audience is t(w)een girls.. don't hope for boyish colors. :/

Something I never got with the TFriends's marketing campain: their target group are little girls, 11 years and under. But, they keep saying over and over that the Tamagotchi is back after 17 years..? The kids don't care about that. And why would parents purchase them a cheap-looking, pixelated-screen $40 toy that does less than a free app on the Apple Store? Even Nintendo's facing problems : Apps are FREE.

• Carol_tama, BuddiLuvsYew and *Hayden* like this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:10 PM ( #30 )

-_-

Please STAY on topic. If you want to talk Tamagotchi Friends, make a new topic, don't continue it here. This is for Bandai Japan's "new" color tamagotchi.
  • Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:18 PM ( #31 )

Yellow, blue, orange, black, white, green and red are gender neutral and red is my favorite color since I was a kid, and I was a girly girl, not all girls like pinky stuff, I think it's all fault of Japanese girls if Tamas are getting girly and lolita, because Japanese girls prefer girly, childish and lolita stuff, while western girls prefer girly but stylish stuff, this is why the Tamagotchi Friends has better designs than the P's.
I actually hate girly childish loli stuff :P
If Japanese girls would be like western ones maybe Japanese releases would get better designs...but I actually think this new Tama is really gender neutral and obviously Bandai is not going to release just one color....blue+green would be really gender neutral *crossed fingers for a black+orange shell*
If not....I'll recolor it
  • Carol_tama and XXKayaXX like this

Itsumo-nana

• itsumo-nana user photo

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:40 PM ( #32 )

-_-
Please STAY on topic. If you want to talk Tamagotchi Friends, make a new topic, don't continue it here. This is for Bandai Japan's "new" color tamagotchi.

Sorry :s i didn't mean to slip out! I add this;
-The TamaGoGo's might have a similar horrible marketing campaign axed towards young girls.. but before that, Bandai EU will have destroyed the Tamagotchi brand.
  • Carol_tama likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:40 AM ( #33 )

Since this Tamagotchi has no pierces, I really want it to have a lot more built-in content. Not everyone has a phone / infra red USB. I'm tired of Japanese color Tamagotchis only having two games. Three games, yes! Two games, no.

I hope they're completely reinnovating the color Tamagotchis' format. ID was very different from TMGC+C. iD L was quite different from iD. P's wasn't much different from the iD L though. Same item animations and getting-four-happy-things concept. The new anime is very polished with new background music, eyecatch, and better animation. I have high expectations for this Tamagotchi to be a big step from the previous versions. New way of unlocking locations maybe? Different way of collecting the happy stamps/pieces? I'm really excited. I'm not too fond of the tiny studs around the screen but maybe they don't look as bad on the real Tamagotchi.

I wonder if they will make other Tamagotchi electronic toys. Doesn't seem like it. D: Yume Kira Dream anime had the Yume Kira Bag toys. Miracle Friends had the Pocket Designer and Watchlin toys. GO-GO Tamagotchi brought all the characters together and the only new ones are Orenetchi and Neenetchi. They don't have any items. None of the characters have new special items so I don't see what electronic toys they could make. Maybe they'll surprise us though. Maybe they'll have an electronic toy of Oyajitchi's cart somehow lol.

Also, with the return of Chamametchi, Kuromametchi, Lovelitchi, and all those characters, I wonder how many characters will be on the upcoming Japanese Tamagotchi and whether there will be many new ones. There better be Tropicatchi. :P

• Carol_tama, BlueCheeseMonkey~ and XXKayaXX like this

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:52 PM ( #34 )

Everyone may not have a infared phone here but you need to realise in Japan they all do it's now maybe they are moving towards smart phones which don't all have them.

I agree though that whatever happens this Tama NEEDS graphics innovation the style on the p's and idl really isn't that great character wise the rest is good but the character sprites are so poor compared to them on the id which had brilliant anime close ups. If you look at the new Anpan man tamago that has amazing graphics and the screen is smaller than the color Tama series which means they could do amazing things with this release.

Also if that Tama has a removable face plate I'm certain it will replace the deco pierces and for toys I actually wish they'd make a new version of some old toys like a telelin with LCD color same with pashalin and Watchalin and a pocket designer 2 I mean if the pocket designer itself can be color those can be too.
  • *Hayden* and Anny Biondi like this

nyle9009

• nyle9009 user photo

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:30 AM ( #35 )

This tama looks like it has an amount of girliness i can handle. Gj 

not the color.....But like gems and hearts everywhere...

Edited by nyle9009, 14 May 2014 - 04:31 AM.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:01 AM ( #36 )

This tama looks like it has an amount of girliness i can handle. Gj 
not the color.....But like gems and hearts everywhere...

What do you mean? There are no hearts and when the Tama is close up in the anime you can see they are actually just dots of plastic outside the shell it's actually quite gender neutral the colour is a pretty hipster blend too.

nyle9009

• nyle9009 user photo

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:57 PM ( #37 )

What do you mean? There are no hearts and when the Tama is close up in the anime you can see they are actually just dots of plastic outside the shell it's actually quite gender neutral the colour is a pretty hipster blend too

When I said the hearts and stuff I was refering to the tamagotchi P's. I didnt really explain myself correctly. I'm glad it doesnt have hearts or as many girly features like the P's did. 

• pisou2 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:03 AM ( #38 )

I'm not a Mimitchi fan but I just wanted to point out that Mimitchi could possibly be returning on this Tamagotchi :o

This week's Tamagotchi episode was about some kind of robot-making contest and although it didn't focus on Mimitchi much throughout the episode, she still appeared, and at the end she won the robot contest and was in the spotlight (not literally lol) :) Of course that doesn't mean she'll be on the next Tamagotchi but it's possible since she hasn't been a main character in any of the episodes before.

• Tamacass, Holler and Anny Biondi like this

galaxypaws

• galaxypaws user photo

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:25 PM ( #39 )

what episode is that? :huh:

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:54 PM ( #40 )

what episode is that? :huh:

The latest episode.

http://up.b9dm.com/lz/57570.html

---

Anyway, I wonder if we really do have to wait until November for this Tamagotchi... The next Gotchishinbun is soon so we'll see.