Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

• Please log in to reply

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:14 PM ( #381 )

I'm starting thinking about buying this version, oh well, I like some of the new features, but after using a touch card does that mean that it's useless after its first use?Because I dunno if you download of all its stuff inside your Tama and then you don't need the card anymore or if you use another card after that all the stuff from the previous card gets deleted.
About downloadable characters....
I
WANT
IMOTCHI

And some other previously teen characters like Ringotchi and Young Mametchi...and vintage ones (Ginjirotchi please)

And Candy Pakupaku
I'll probably get the white one, even if the blue one is cooler, but the white one would be good with every kind of cover.
I'm a bit disappointed about cards+covers, I hope not all cards will contain covers, I like Aikatsu but I wouldn't use that cover, and I dunno if people would buy its cover without the card.
The charms are really cute.
I'm thinking about if we'll see an English patch (or an official English release) for the 4U.
I'd buy a strap too, but I wouldn't use it for my Tama (I prefer neck straps) and I don't think it's really comfortable to carry a Tamagotchi around the pulse, and I think it's dangerous too, I would say lots of blasphemies if my Tama drops on the floor...
Anyway I really like the blue one.
But I hope Bandai will release neck straps too :(

Edited by Anny Biondi, 02 August 2014 - 04:20 PM.

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:03 PM ( #382 )

Ooh I'm so excited for this release!! I just love the design of the 4U, it looks so pretty and clean. I was thinking of getting a pink one this time actually, but I think I'll be going for the white instead too, so the shell won't clash with any of the faceplates. :) I love the upgraded tech as well, NFC becoming the norm for tamas is really cool, and the new pixel graphics look amazing~!

I was wondering about the touch cards too, like if they could be shared by multiple people? Say person A buys a touch card and uses it on their 4U, then would person B with a different 4U be able to use it too, or would person B have to buy their own touch card for their unit only? With how NFC works, would there even be a way to restrict it like this? ono

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:31 AM ( #383 )

http://www.pixiv.net...ust_id=45078550

They already have models in the display case at Tama Depa apparently :)

WarOmnimon

• waromnimon user photo

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:05 AM ( #384 )

kuromametchifan123 - NFC cannot be restricted that way as it stands right now.  Which means that if Bandai wanted to do the same thing they tried to do with the pierces for the P's, they can't because of the technology in play.

Downloadable character wishlist on my end?  I say bring back as many of the older characters as possible (Especially the vintage ones), as well as all of the interpromotional characters that were introduced in those 2 P's download destinations.  If those interpromotional characters come back, I can easily see Knightgingatchi undergoing a slight redesign or possible evolution based on Ultraman Ginga's (The character Knightgingatchi is based on) recently introduced powerup form (Ginga Storium).  Needless to say, the other characters in that group wouldn't need a redesign at all.

• kuromametchifan123 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:31 AM ( #385 )

I want Candy Pakupaku, Tropicatchi, and Kuyokuyotchi the most. :)

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 03 August 2014 - 08:31 AM.

Myiko

• myiko user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:35 PM ( #386 )

I say bring back as many of the older characters as possible (Especially the vintage ones)

I think that if Bandai really wants to get our attention (and money) they should really release something like ''Vintage Cards'', where you could buy the card of certain vintage version and get it's characters on your 4U, I'm sure old fans like us woould love it! 

And maybe appart from the characters you could also get the game from the version the card is based of ^_^

If Bandai sold something like this I would definetly buy some! I would die for having the devilgotchi characters on my 4U  :P

• Brittygotchi and Carleesi like this

Dizzie

• dizzie user photo

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:16 PM ( #387 )

I emailed HobbyLink to see if there was any way to get in on the next wave of pre orders, or the orders after the release... I got this in reply

---

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately, the initial quantity we were offered from our distributors are ridiculously little; to be honest, it was less than 10 pieces each. And as you noticed, they have been sold lout instantly. 
Unless we will be offered the ample supply of Tamagotchi 4U, we cannot continue accepting pre-order for them. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but your understanding is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kunihiko Matsugu
HobbyLink Japan 
http://www.hlj.com

---

So they got 10 of each color... So a lot of people may be out of luck until the hype wears down =(

Edited by Dizzie, 04 August 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Carleesi

• carleesi user photo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:24 AM ( #388 )

I think that if Bandai really wants to get our attention (and money) they should really release something like ''Vintage Cards'', where you could buy the card of certain vintage version and get it's characters on your 4U, I'm sure old fans like us woould love it! 

And maybe appart from the characters you could also get the game from the version the card is based of ^_^

If Bandai sold something like this I would definetly buy some! I would die for having the devilgotchi characters on my 4U  :P

^ OMG this would be freaking awesome... *____*

derekq

• derekq user photo

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:53 AM ( #389 )

Nother preorder site:

http://www.toysrus.c...s/dsg-472872600

USA toys r us ships international, so dun no....

Edited by derekq, 06 August 2014 - 09:54 AM.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:18 AM ( #390 )

Nother preorder site:

http://www.toysrus.c...s/dsg-472872600

USA toys r us ships international, so dun no....

Unfortunately, it seems that shipping is nationwide, as in, only in Japan.

derekq

• derekq user photo

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:24 PM ( #391 )

Unfortunately, it seems that shipping is nationwide, as in, only in Japan.

Oh very sorry it did said free shipping in Japan but didn`t mention international shipping choice or so, it is free in japan, it could be paid for international. so. sorry

debibu

• debibu user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:01 AM ( #392 )

Just curious - at this point has anyone had success in pre-ordering the 4U? I'm almost considering a proxy shipping service at this point...

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:59 AM ( #393 )

I have. One popped up on HLJ randomly on August 4th.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:53 AM ( #394 )

Just curious - at this point has anyone had success in pre-ordering the 4U? I'm almost considering a proxy shipping service at this point...

I was also able to successfully pre-order blue and white ones using this site.  It looks like they still have some available, though it seems they've run out of blue since the last time I checked. Sure, it's a little more expensive than MSRP but the price includes tax and shipping.  They're also quite friendly and responsive too, as I asked them about cancellation policy (able to cancel up to a month before product release date) in case I find a cheaper option.  I personally think the price is worth it.  I'd rather secure them at fairly reasonable prices than keep waiting and risk stock running out.  That's just my preference though.  I've been purchasing the newer ones as close as I can to release date lately.    

SakuraLove

• sakuralove user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:55 AM ( #395 )

Yup, I got a blue, pink, and white 4U from HLJ as well as three faceplates.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:29 AM ( #396 )

Do we know what the built-in minigames are yet? I'm so forgetful sorry .3.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:16 AM ( #397 )

Nope not yet it will be interesting to see what they are the only ones seen were the 4u version of the id slot game and some others but they may just be download games there is no announced game list yet.

Myiko

• myiko user photo

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:07 AM ( #398 )

I don't think we know them yet, I just hope they will let us download more than 2 games at a time, if the 4U has room for downloadable characters it should have more room for games too D:

Edited by Myiko, 08 August 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Moonique

• moonique user photo

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:50 AM ( #399 )

I emailed Bandai UK / Europe asking about colored tamas , this was the reply.. :( 
---------

Dear Monica

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am sorry but there are no plans for this at the moment or in the future.

Kind regards

Bandai UK Ltd

Myiko

• myiko user photo

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:36 AM ( #400 )

I emailed Bandai UK / Europe asking about colored tamas , this was the reply.. :( 
---------

Dear Monica

Thank you for your enquiry.

I am sorry but there are no plans for this at the moment or in the future.

Kind regards

Bandai UK Ltd

That's kind of off topic since EMF already asked about the 4U comming outside of Japan, and they already said no xD

I don't think they will sell any colour english tamagotchis anytime soon because the sales of the iD L english were a disaster in the UK  :mellow:

(And of course they were a disaster, they sold the iDLe for 60 pounds, when the japanese one are being sold for 25...)

Edited by Myiko, 08 August 2014 - 10:40 AM.