Photo
3 votes

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

• Please log in to reply

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:52 AM ( #161 )

I have updated the topic title to be more informative since the new release has been confirmed.

Looks like they have a lot of downloadable characters available... I've always loved the 15th Anniversary ones and seeing Brother Otogitchi is good news!

I love the Marvel-style faceplate too... Bandai just release it already! LOL :D

• Tiny_Tina likes this

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:59 AM ( #162 )

Is that a yellow 4U or a white one they stuck a yellow card behind?

It's a White 4U, what you're seeing is more of the gold border around the faceplate and it's reflection on the white shell. I honestly like the White 4U. The pearly white shell and the gold make it look fancy and fabulous. I think I'll get that one and a Blue 4U so I can see how they connect. :3

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:33 PM ( #163 )

Brother Otogitchi!But why no Sister Otogitchi?She's so awww...I wouldn't be surprised if the Otogitchis will appear in the anime, it would be awesome!
I see lots of faceplates, I think some of them are unisex, but just one would be ok for me :3

Myiko

• myiko user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:49 PM ( #164 )

Wow this new Tama looks really cool, from what I see is basically an empty tama you can fill yourself in a way you only get what you want right? So no more worries about getting a character you don't like or having a shell that doesn't suit you. Its a nice idea, this way everybody can have the perfect tama  :lol:

What I don't like is that they completely skipped teen stage and that baby and todler stages are always the same, appart from that the Tama seems perfect so far for adults and the new post-adults, I think the post-adults are hilarious! that handsomepatchi and fat lovelitchi, they are perfect! and mame-himespetchi hahaha

Also, Kikitchi appears in the picture, so he may be back in this tama as a downloadable character!  :wub:

If the TMGC4U turns to work properly outside of japan, I'll consider on getting this one next year~~

• furbitchi and Tamacass like this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:57 PM ( #165 )

MORE INFO

FULL LIST OF CARE EVOLUTIONSc3332fcfb0cadace9fcb749bde04d9ed.jpg

AHHH, FAT LOVELITCHI, I NEED THIS TAMAGOTCHI SO BADLY NOW, AND NAKED SPACYTCHI AND OMG DAT CLASSY ORENETCHI, HIMESPETCHIS ONE IS SOOO CUTE, OMGG

PurplePyonkotchi00!

• purplepyonkotchi00 user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:32 PM ( #166 )

Man, I'm actually really pumped for this new Tamagotchi :D

It has a less girly design, and it looks like Tamagotchis are going gender-neutral instead of being so girly like they were before (compare this to the P's)

Also I'm really loving the new character evolutions (I think), fat Lovelitchi, Skinny Neenetchi, and Mame Himespetchi areso friggin cute! >3<

I't'll most likely cost as much as the P's, or somewhere around $50, so I have no chance at getting it ;3;

ff904ccd4797642f2e3740a004ee6627.jpg

Wait a second.

Is that Kikitchi and Brother Otogitchi?

Aaaaaaugh I need it now *explodes*

Does anyone have a machine that can magically spawn money? :'D

• Tamacass likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:33 PM ( #167 )

It has a less girly design, and it looks like Tamagotchis are going gender-neutral instead of being so girly like they were before (compare this to the P's)

Also I'm really loving the new character evolutions (I think), fat Lovelitchi, Skinny Neenetchi, and Mame Himespetchi areso friggin cute! >3<

I't'll most likely cost as much as the P's, or somewhere around $50, so I have no chance at getting it ;3;

Wait a second.

It actually costs a lot more than the P's. Around $60 - $65

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:29 PM ( #168 )

Wait a second.

That magical machine is called patience. I know $60 might sound like quite the investment -and believe me, it's not easy to gather if you are older either because making a clean cut between necessary expenses, art supplies for university and sharing the hobby fund among a variety of expensive pastimes tends to run you dry. What I do when I save for things I must absolutely have ASAP is set a separate folder for that aside and work towards the goal by any means possible. You'll get there, just enforce the rule that anything that goes in doesn't come out so you don't get to accidentally spend it xD;
  • Tiny_Tina likes this

Tiny_Tina

• tiny-tina user photo

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:28 AM ( #169 )

It actually costs a lot more than the P's. Around $60 - $65

Um...
http://www.ebay.com/...=item233caa33bc
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f37bade3a
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f2373cd70

Anyway, the price isn't that bad at all. I mean there are virtual pets that are more expensive than this new Tama and people still buy them. Like the iD L 15th Anniversary - I payed $75 for it. So, considering the fact that it will have new features, NFC, an app with downloads and all that other stuff that makes us all already crazy about, I think it's not that expensive at all. 

I need to think of stuff I could sell so that I can save a bit for this. I am definietly getting a blue one, a strap and a faceplate to boot. ^^

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:32 AM ( #170 )

Um...
http://www.ebay.com/...=item233caa33bc
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f37bade3a
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f2373cd70

Anyway, the price isn't that bad at all. I mean there are virtual pets that are more expensive than this new Tama and people still buy them. Like the iD L 15th Anniversary - I payed $75 for it. So, considering the fact that it will have new features, NFC, an app with downloads and all that other stuff that makes us all already crazy about, I think it's not that expensive at all. 

I need to think of stuff I could sell so that I can save a bit for this. I am definietly getting a blue one, a strap and a faceplate to boot. ^^

I meant the RRP, not ebay prices.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:18 AM ( #171 )

It will probably drop the RRP price as the p's had it went from being 50-60 to about 40-30 besides ebay rices kinda are our RRP we can't go into stores and pay the proper prices so.....
  • ciara683, Soenattchi and Tiny_Tina like this

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:44 AM ( #172 )

It will probably drop the RRP price as the p's had it went from being 50-60 to about 40-30 besides ebay rices kinda are our RRP we can't go into stores and pay the proper prices so.....

There is import sites though which are tons better in literally every aspect ;w;. If you just stick to import sites you rarely pay above RRP.

daniinthetardis

• daniinthetardis user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:21 AM ( #173 )

I am so thrilled about this release! I am visiting Japan for the first time in December and will be able to buy the 4U, as well as experience the 'touch spots'. Hopefully because they will have been out for a couple of months, there may be even more colors, faceplates and so forth. Perfect timing! :3 I would like to buy the blue one to use and perhaps (money permitting) send a white one home to keep for connection and (essentially) one that is NIB.
  • furbitchi, Eternal Mametchi Fan, *Hayden* and 1 other like this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:11 AM ( #174 )

Wait a second.

I know right :D I'm so glad they're bringing all these characters back, BROTHER OTOGITCHI, :D

I am so thrilled about this release! I am visiting Japan for the first time in December and will be able to buy the 4U, as well as experience the 'touch spots'. Hopefully because they will have been out for a couple of months, there may be even more colors, faceplates and so forth. Perfect timing! :3 I would like to buy the blue one to use and perhaps (money permitting) send a white one home to keep for connection and (essentially) one that is NIB.

Wow, you're so lucky :D Enjoy the Touch Spots and tell us all about them, ahah, and pictures too ;).

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:00 AM ( #175 )

IDK if this video has been posted yet

• Pashalin likes this

pyrotarukia

• pyrotarukia user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:10 AM ( #176 )

This looks like the 2nd half of what was posted before how cool so I guess the touch posters will just be the items that are advertised? I'm wondering with these new ways of getting items, exactly how much more the Tamagotchi 4U can hold in downloadable content then the P's and IDL/ID

Tiny_Tina

• tiny-tina user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:41 AM ( #177 )

This looks like the 2nd half of what was posted before how cool so I guess the touch posters will just be the items that are advertised? I'm wondering with these new ways of getting items, exactly how much more the Tamagotchi 4U can hold in downloadable content then the P's and IDL/ID

The P's could already hold a lot (at least imo) items, especially the wallpapers, so I'm guessing this new one, that will in large part depend on the downloads, will be able to hold A LOT of the downloadable content. (:

pyrotarukia

• pyrotarukia user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:14 PM ( #178 )

The P's could already hold a lot (at least imo) items, especially the wallpapers, so I'm guessing this new one, that will in large part depend on the downloads, will be able to hold A LOT of the downloadable content. (:

I'm not saying the P's can't hold a lot.. I'm just hoping the 4U can hold more o.o and for the love of god pleeeeaaaasseeee let us have more then 2 downloadable games at a time xD

• *Hayden* and Soenattchi like this

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:52 PM ( #179 )

I may or may not get this one..it depends. But it sounds cool though!

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:09 PM ( #180 )

I was really hoping Mimitchi would be on this new color Tamagotchi. :mimitchi: The last color Tama she was on, as a raiseable character, was the 15th Anniversary iDL. Hopefully, maybe she'll be a future downloadable character? :(

• Anny Biondi likes this