Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

New Release: Tamagotchi 4U (Sep. 27th)

• Please log in to reply

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:07 PM ( #137 )

Mmmm, I hope it does.. If not, well, those Cards will be our only bet..

But anyway, hopefully the Iphone 6 can support NFC, so I don't have to buy a tablet ovo;

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:01 PM ( #138 )

Aww Memetchi! So pretty!

That being said I really fail to understand all the negative feedback people hasten to give before something is even released (and I mean generally in all my hobbies somehow, not just Tamas...) I think the 4U is a definitive step towards innovation. I'm looking forward to playing with it. I'm fairly certain we'll be able to buy touch cards to go with our Tamas as well. It worked fairly well with pierces so I don't see a reason for Bandai to not do it again -besides, cards should be cheaper to produce anyway.

As for NFC, I'm looking at the Xperia L myself. I'm not very fond of overly fancy tablet phones (I'm saving for a Cintiq Companion so I really don't need a computer in my phone). I've been running the same old iPhone 3 for almost 5 years now >.<; so I'm generally not an advocate of changing gadgets often...
  • derekq likes this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:20 PM ( #139 )

Is there a chance the tamas have "human forms" and an adult (job) theme going on? I keep looking at these and its shouting something weird.

Shouting this btw... Live action costume, for live shows... Like what they do for Precure. @0@;

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:04 PM ( #140 )

ABPulDE.png

MqYQ4lI.png

• Eternal Mametchi Fan, MagicMimitchi, ichiro.malfoy and 2 others like this

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:07 PM ( #141 )

ABPulDE.png

MqYQ4lI.png

<33333 SO AWSM HAYDEN YOU GET ELEVENTEEN LIKES <333 

Now I rly need one :DDDDDDD thanks for sharing the images Hayden c:

• glitterxoxo likes this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:25 PM ( #142 )

oh yeah, HD of the faceplates, the first is like Marvel and the second is cute, Thanks BanDai for making this unisex :D :D :D :D :D

TRtZDnx.pngrhS5IDp.png47azVF3.pngSCuDNJv.pngBhgPCMv.png

7ZBjJ84.png

• tamastar133, Pashalin, Anny Biondi and 1 other like this

TacticalMaster

• tacticalmaster user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:47 PM ( #143 )

We really need to get all these images to the wiki, right everyone? Essential stuff here!
  • *Hayden* and YURIA★CHARMAINE like this

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:30 PM ( #144 )

http://www.amazon.co...s=tamagotchi 4u

TacticalMaster

• tacticalmaster user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:41 PM ( #145 )

Already? Wow that's fast.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:27 PM ( #146 )

Preorders for the 4U on amazon have started and it's already number 3,4 and 5 in best selling kids electronic toy I hope it sells well I think we should help promote this Tama WAY MORE than the friends it deserves to be popular unlike the friends and maybe if it is bandai America may decide to release this after the friends.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:33 PM ( #147 )

Preorders for the 4U on amazon have started and it's already number 3,4 and 5 in best selling kids electronic toy I hope it sells well I think we should help promote this Tama WAY MORE than the friends it deserves to be popular unlike the friends and maybe if it is bandai America may decide to release this after the friends.

Problem is, USA is huge, along with Canada, it would only be like 10 touch spots in a state to actually not waste money, ahaha. Yeah, its not even released and its. 4th and 6th in two categories, like, WHHAAAAAA?, YAAAY. Yeah, its so much better than the Friends, the only thing thats different is stupid jewelry which is so unnecessary, plus the 4U has a million more things to do

No one has even released the door icon, there could even be like so many fun destinations and all that. but where is the clothing icon...
  • furbitchi likes this

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:42 PM ( #148 )

Well touch spots are just on adds so all they need is to put up posters. And sorts of advertising things like usual just have a new bonus with them and they could have store spots like they are doing in Japan it's pretty simple actually and good for bandai and other companies. I think the clothing icon may be located in the chest icon so once you click on chest it may have a clothes and accessories selection.

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:21 AM ( #149 )

Oh wow... The 4U are really beautiful! Like jewels. And the purple and black faceplate... Good lord. I'm in love with the new more "mature" and rather unisex design. I think it's just perfect, all things considered, even though I didn't mind the girliness of the P's one bit. I guess I simply appreciate the fact I won't look like a mahou shoujo about to pull off a transformation every time I pull it out during breaks in the University.

That being said I really wish I could place a preorder for mine but sadly I will have to wait until after release to get my hands on one...
  • furbitchi, painaputchi and YURIA★CHARMAINE like this

Pashalin

• pashalin user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:51 AM ( #150 )

I really like the faceplates, and its wonderful that they're so unisex! I think I might need the one that says TMGC and has the main characters down the sides.

• Soenattchi likes this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:07 AM ( #151 )

I wonder what sort of tags the NFC touch spots use. Each touch spot for a company is different, and only certain phones or tablets can utilize certain tags. I guess think of them like serial numbers? So then my question is, what sort of NFC tag does the Tama4U use and what tablets/phones would it be compatible with? If Google Nexus 7 works, then I'll more than likely be picking one of those up as I've been thinking of getting an Android tab for a while.

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:46 AM ( #152 )

I really like the faceplates, and its wonderful that they're so unisex! I think I might need the one that says TMGC and has the main characters down the sides.

It being unisex gave me the perfect excuse to start talking my younger brother into getting one. I just think it will do him good to have a Tama to care for since our dog is staying at our store through most of the day nowadays and I can tell he misses having him around. But if I had tried to convince him to get a P's he'd brick me cause it's 'too girly' for him (he's at that age where he's very concerned about what his peers will think about him). I just think it's a nice idea to try to spread the love now and since the Tamas have become slightly more inclusive design-wise again.

The more I look at the faceplates the more I want to get one of each... But no, must show restraint. >_> That's so typical of me though, give me customization options and take my soul.

debibu

• debibu user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:10 AM ( #153 )

On the lighter side - can anyone provide advice on whether it's possible/worth trying to preorder from Amazon.jp? Or worth waiting until other preorder sites become available? My first tamas were the P's, so I'm not very familiar with buying practices when new ones come out! :)

On the more technical side - since they're saying you can transfer from your phone to the tama, I'm assuming it will be using a nfc standard that is readable from modern smartphones. NFC is fairly common around Japan, afaik. It will be what's contained within the transferable data (what's in the NDEF message) that will make the difference between whether modern smartphones can "interpret" the data or not (essentially, whether there'll be an app that can read it). Though I'm starting to think Challenge Accepted! It will be a lot of fun to figure out these Tamagotchi's and help the community out!