need some help with irda transfer to IDL

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama_ic

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having trouble transferring files to my IDL e. I followed the instructions at https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182317-how-to-transfer-downloads-using-usb-to-irda-pictures/ and tried many times, but it still doesn't work. I can basically get it to be connected and even select the file to transfer quickly enough that it won't freeze, it starts the transfer, but then remains stuck at 0% or 4% during the transfer :( ((

Did any of you have same problem? Any idea why this happens?

Do I need to change the adapter speed?

Thanks a lot!

I tried so many times and is always the same: I manage to time it right to start the transfer, a bit gets transferred (2% / 4%), but then it's stuck and the transfer doesn't go on :( ( (it's not frozen, both computer and tmgc are responsive, just that the data doesn't get transferred anymore)

Maybe if I put a photo of the adapter I got, somebody might be able to help?

I saw in other discussion threads that some people got this same adapter and managed to transfer data to the IDL (those topics are locked so I can't reply and ask there). Maybe somebody that used the same one could help me?

Is the light on it supposed to blink when transferring (mine doesn't)?

Did you change any adapter parameters to make it work?

428135051.jpg

I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

So, for future reference if anybody else has the same problem with this adapter: you need to change the adapter speed to the lowest possible - 9600 (you can do this in device manager - select the usb-irda dongle, double click, go to advanced tab, the third property there is the speed). After doing this you just need to follow the steps in the other forum post (https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182317-how-to-transfer-downloads-using-usb-to-irda-pictures/) and it will work ok (the transfer is a bit slow).

It works on my XP 64-bit now. I will try later on my laptop with windows 7, that should work too as I already installed drivers that seem to be ok.

(Also the light on the adapter does not blink when sending. I thought it might need to blink as I read something like that about another adapter.)

Another thing that helps if they get stuck, if you're keeping them in files, place them on your desktop while transferring them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back