Huge screen leak - PLEASE HELP ;_;

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
This isn't exactly a Tamagotchi but it's a Tamagotchi electronic toy... the TamaTomo PC...

help________by_ikemenmametchi-d7eip4a.jpg

Sorry for sounding lame but I'm crying so so so so so much! Just LOOK at the photo! There's a HUGE GIGANTIC BLACK BLOB right in the middle of my TamaTomo PC screen! It stays there even when I take the batteries out ;_; It's shaped like a cat pupil or something and makes the screen look like an eye XD

But anyway I SO SAD!!! It cost a LOT of money... I don't feel like saying the price at the moment... the sound still works, it still functions normally but the SCREEN!!! So hideous! Please help... *whimpers*

My big brother said that the screen leaks from being under pressure... I remember last night I went to the toilet, and when I came back to my room, my little brother was STANDING ON MY DESK (not on my laptop luckily) and I had my TamaTomo PC on the corner of my bed (since I'd just finished playing with it) so who knows what he could have done! I'm tired of my siblings being such brats no matter how many times I tell them to stay out of my room ;_; My baby sister already put a huge scratch in my Pocket Designer screen, another expensive toy, and now THIS has to get ruined... I'm crying hysterically ;-; I know I'm immature but I'm so saaaaaaaaaaaaad so please help meeeeeeee ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
I might do that, but I'm afraid it will make ALL the black stuff leak out and the pixels wouldn't appear at all ;-;

If it was only pressure, you could use a hair dryer, although I'm not sure if it works on pixel screens. It usually works on LCD screen leaks, as the heat retracts the leak that's basically covering the screen due to pressure. It should be the similar case. Put the hair dryer on high, and hit directly on the screen for about a minute. It should get really hot, but when you're done you should leave it for a bit to cool down, and that might solve the problem. But again, I don't know if it will work on pixel screens, as an LCD screen's material is somewhat different to a tama, so I'd use this as a last resort. And i'm sorry, siblings can be pesky at times. :(

If it was only pressure, you could use a hair dryer, although I'm not sure if it works on pixel screens. It usually works on LCD screen leaks, as the heat retracts the leak that's basically covering the screen due to pressure. It should be the similar case. Put the hair dryer on high, and hit directly on the screen for about a minute. It should get really hot, but when you're done you should leave it for a bit to cool down, and that might solve the problem. But again, I don't know if it will work on pixel screens, as an LCD screen's material is somewhat different to a tama, so I'd use this as a last resort. And i'm sorry, siblings can be pesky at times. :(
Hm, that's a good idea! :D This screen is actually different from a Tamagotchi screen, so I'm not quite sure what kind of screen it exactly is. I'll try that soon~

Great. :) This tama PC does look a bit different than a regular tama, considering the leakage itself, so I'd give it a whirl. Hope it works. :wacko:

This happened to a brand new phone i got before, which oddly the 2nd version had a weaker screen (saving money on parts and labor my guess), and it happens because the screen itself cracked. My guess is it was stepped on and the screen cracked. Sadly, it is isn't repairable...

I don't mean to speak for Eternal Mametchi Fan, but based on the photo the screen is not cracked and is not physically noticeable, therefore it could be an internal problem and can be fixed.

There is some weird line right in the middle of the splotch if you look closely, but I don't think it's a crack o:

Eu. Rainbow effect... Just like a Caluculator, fun to see the colors. I bet that is what happend but no telling what really happend. I would open it to the screen and clean that off. See if it happens again...

I know these cost a nice arm and a leg. I have looked at the Precure ones... I have one of them to look at too, so yes. I would be in the same boat if something like that happend to mine.

I don't mean to speak for Eternal Mametchi Fan, but based on the photo the screen is not cracked and is not physically noticeable, therefore it could be an internal problem and can be fixed.
Could be a micro fissure. Or the crack happened and then the glass is pressed tight again and you can't see the actual crack. And I'm talking the actual screen, not the plastic cover of the toy over the screen.

Best way to tell is to open it up and remove the screen and see if it's in two pieces or cracked or something.

If you're not able to keep younger siblings out of your room then sadly, you need to remember to keep your important stuff out of reach. Up high on a shelf or in a lockable box that they can't open.

Maybe ask your parents to fix up a high shelf or something in your room and maybe remind them that your tamagotchis cost quite a lot of money and you don't want them to be broken by the young ones who don't know any better. It's not their fault but it's sensible and responsible to learn from what has happened and to take steps to avoid it happening again.

(I know it's not easy and it's not your fault but since it is the younger siblings doing the damage it's best to take charge of the situation before anything else gets damaged or broken).

Yeah there's a baby gate to keep my youngest sibling out but my other siblings keep leave it open too TT_TT It's just that they never go into my room unless I'm in the bathroom and that just takes 1 minute so I don't except them to be so disobedient and mess around in my room ;--;

Does your room have a key lock? If it does, use it, even though its a minute as it may happen again, or yeah, like TamaMum said, just keep your valubles away from them or just ask your big brother to keep an eye on your room or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back