Games that have changed your life significantly?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TenmaYuuki

Reaction score
Mine would be Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies for the 3DS. It helped me through tough times ever since I was temporarily barred from university over an incident in which I was responsible for (I'm not going into detail about what exactly happened, from start to finish).

kingdom hearts series probably. it was the first game that i hardcored fanboyed (still do, really :p ), and it basically drove me to get really involved in the fan community & go to cons and stuff. i also wanted to buy a psp to play the BBS side game, so i took on an extra job to pay for it and just never left. it's probably significantly impacted my social life too lol ;)

Hmm... video games don't really affect me much but... I hope this doesn't sound weird, but Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2 really helped me overcome grief. I didn't even play the game; whenever I was crying, I just when into care mode and sat on my bed, talking to my partner Mametchi. I would tap him with the stylus, and he'd say such charming stuff to me and praise me. It really made me feel better about things. I guess it was got to do with my love for Mametchi XD

Counter strike source, I made lots of awesome friends we used to meet up every year for LAN parties and I actually met my fiancé through that game

Last edited by a moderator:
Minecraft was one, it brought me closer to my brother, and allows me to play with my two best friends more often than we did before it. It's hard seeing close friends who live to far to see regularly.

Pokémon was one that allows me to reconnect with my early childhood when i played pokémon Blue and Gold.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War was one that got me interested in Airplanes and jets, which got me interested in joining a cadet squadron in my area, which in term allowed me to awaken in finally finding a career path in the military, which I'm starting whenever I'm finally out of school :lol:

All video games in general. Without them, I wouldn't spam my knowledge of Nintendo and never be known as "Gamer Girl" among my friends. Also, they made me finally think about my future career and changed my personality drastically. But truly, Animal Crossing is the most life-changing out of all. I got attached to villagers, and my town was like a getaway to another world. I actually felt sad when villagers left me, and it somewhat taught me some valuable life lessons. Whoever made ACNL, you are a life-changer.

Tamagotchi. Like, without Tamagotchi I wouldn't have this iPad I'm typing on right now, I wouldn't be on TT, I wouldn't have got into Minecraft, I'd have hardly any friends. Tamas did absolutely nothing to help me through tough times or whatever, in fact they CAUSED the majority of the said times. But overall what they did to my life was positive. :)

More recently, Minecraft. Minecraft very much DID cheer me up and stuff, and more. In the last 2 months I've been part of an AMAZING server community which has helped me with so much stuff. Minecraft is one of the best things that's ever happened to me, next to TT and getting NZ residency so I can go and live there. ^_^

The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Kingdom Hearts

I remember playing those constantly with my older siblings,(who I never see anymore) and they're the best memories that I have with them. Every time I play those games, I have tons of happy memories that make me remember a good time in my life. <3

Secret of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Zelda series (especially the first three or four original Zelda games)

Mario Bros. series (the first three games for NES)

They all affected my life in very positive, meaningful ways. There are quite a few other games that did, too, but those are the main games/series that come to mind right now.

I'm gonna have to say Rayman Legends, because every time I am angry, I play Kung Foot (a soccer ball versus mode minigame) to let out my frustrations. Trust me, if you were to ask me to challenge you in a game of Kung Foot, I would defeat you. XD

Pokemon. Absolutely, without a doubt. I was never a gamer until I got my first GBA 3 years ago, and Pokemon LeafGreen, and since then I've become absolutely hooked on Nintendo. No regrets whatsoever. Pokemon has been the best game series I could ever imagine; while I enjoy other games very much, it's Pokemon that has really changed my life for the better.

Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, and EarthBound

Two years ago I completed Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island 100% for the first time. A few days after completing them, my grandma passed away. She was a huge part of my childhood and her passing was undeniable proof that I was getting older. It took me about half a year to move on and afterwards I decided to try beating EarthBound, one of many games I own that I hadn't gotten around to finishing. Around the time I got to the final dungeon my grandpa passed away not even a whole year after my grandma had.

I began associating those three games and video games in general with the pain of losing family members. Listening to their soundtracks, especially the credits themes, was enough to make me cry. They still do sometimes. It was actually just recently I started playing video games again. I told myself that I can't let the bad things that happen in life ruin my ability to enjoy something I used to love so much. I now associate those games with the happy memories I have of my grandparents.

Every adventure has to come to an end. But for every adventure that ends another begins, and the memories you gain through each adventure will stay with you forever. Reaching your goal is difficult, but it feels so satisfying to overcome the hardships that stand in your way. I like to believe I'll see my grandparents again someday and we'll share another adventure. There's always another adventure to be had.

And that's why I play video games.

pokemon. i met some good friends because of interests in pokemon.

Microsoft Pinball and Everquest. If it weren't for those two games I wouldn't be the huge gamer I was today. And if it weren't for Roblox I'd have no friends whatsoever.

Pokemon changed my life, when I was little it was the one game that broadened my horizons and helped me make friendships and to this day -since pokemon red- it still does.

Then there is Journey for the PS3, a game that has moved me so deeply that I barely have words to describe, I think it's something everyone should experience for themselves. And in the same vein Road not Taken is an amazing second suggestion for anyone that has liked Journey and also plays with similar themes.

AliceMare was another deeply emotional journey for me, I suppose mostly for personal reasons though.

Patapon. It was so good that I finally opened up and started some online accounts to praise it to high heavens. The people I met in the fandom opened my eyes about one's own identity and the value of self worth.

Also this is awesome :wub:
:wub: :wub:
Tondenga_ubhmode.gif

MapleStory. I met a lot of wonderful people on there (that are still my friends today) and went through a lot of challenging experiences that made me grow as a person as well.

animal crossing: new leaf. its a great thing to look forward to after a sad day at school. it seriously saved my life!

Animal Crossing! Without it, I probably would never have gotten a Gamecube or DS and I probably wouldn't be the gamer I am today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back