What Is Your Least Favourite Game?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

♥Twilightchi♥

Reaction score
So, there's already a topic on what your favourite video game is. I wanted to ask, what is your least favourite video game, and why?

My least favourite has to be Star Fox 64 3D on the 3DS. I tried playing it but I somehow didn't like it. I'd even give it to someone for free, it's a shame because I got it with the 3DS.

Another one I hate is this Deal Or No Deal game that I got on Wii. My dad wanted it. It has cheap graphics and is truly a stupid game.

Shinobi 3D would be my least favorite... the graphics are cheap, the gameplay is horrible...

What else. It's sad, but Infamous 2. I loved the first Infamous SO much. The french voices were more than amazing and the story heartbreaking. You can imagine I threw myself on the second game when I saw it on sale at Gamestop. I think they changed the voice actors in #2, so that was a first disapointment. The story no longer was touching and personally, I got bored very quickly.

TINY TOWER. Warning: do NOT download Tiny Tower. You will suffer from a messed up sleep schedule, severe loss of friends, strained eyes, possibly migraines, as well as many other symptoms of extreme, out of control addiction. I KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE. :D

I also hate town building games because MUCH IN APP PURCHASES SUCH ANNOYING WOW and games that revolve around shooting stuff because they scare me so much. Like, once I tried a really pixelly unrealistic game about shooting zombies or something and it SCARED THE DOLFINZ OUT OF ME and I was so TERRIFIED and it gave me nightmares srsly wtf I'm REALLY hard to scare...

Pokémon Battle Revolution would have to be one of my least favourites, mainly because of the lack of a story mode like thing. Such a letdown...

Worst game I've ever played? I think the throne goes to Big Rigs, never played anything as terrible as that :D Even tho I knew what I was running into (the game is quite infamous :D )...oh, and all those "(insert some profession or working location here) Simulator" games, most of them are really terrible :)

Out of my collection I'd say my least favorite is Mega Man Anniversary Collection. I actually love the Mega Man games but the button allocation for those particular ports is awful and makes some parts darn near unplayable. I'd like to one day get a NES and the original carts so I can actually enjoy the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd have to say pokemon ranger. wasn't really that interesting and easy,,,,,,

My least favorite video game of all time is definitely WiiFit. I've never played it, but my boyfriend did, and it called him "obese".

NO VIDEO GAME SHALL CALL MY BOYFRIEND OBESE!!!

Oddly, Mario 64 DS. I just can't like that game, no matter how hard I try

I can hardy control Yoshi at the beginning of the game... seriously, he's like a stick of butter

It also really strained my thumb to move him around with the D-Pad because of how the game controlled (yeah I was playing on a DS lite because my 3DS is dead... But a few years back there was no 3DS so uh yeah). Honestly, they should've waited until the 3DS came along to make that game because it has the circle-pad that's more like the joystick on the N64 controller. You know, the mechanic the original GAME WAS BASED AROUND!?

It really just bugs me the most on how finicky the controls are. Most past Mario games had the mechanic of A= Jump and B= Run. Sure, they had to switch that around a bit for an attacking option, but to make jump B instead of A always slipped me up and caused me to fall off the stage a lot. I'm not sure how this is in the N64 version, but it drives me crazy.

Also, every time I run up a slope, if I make just ONE small turn by accident or something, I start sliding down the slope I was trying to climb and can't stop until I get all the freaking way down. And it's not easy getting up when you slide for about 5 miles after already being off of the slope you fell off of.

The camera. They say that Mario 64 had the best camera, but for me it just caused me to fall off of stages or slide off of slopes uuuugh. I have to readjust it every few steps so I can see clearly in front of me, and it's not easy when the L button on your DS lite is broken.

Y'know, it may just be a good game, and this might just be all from my personal experiences. But remember, this is only an opinion, and it's MY least favorite video game, even if it's your favorite :)

do i dare say it?????

THE ORIGINAL PAPER MARIO

i think i don't like it because i only played like an hour in because the emulator wouldn't do anything it got stuck and wouldn't work again the end.

Honestly, I've always liked Mario, the iconic character of gaming

But now that I've played more of the older Mario games I can finally give a new, honest opinion

I DON'T LIKE THE OLDER MARIO GAMES.

They may have been good in the 80's, but nowadays, they just don't compare as well

Most of the people who praise the games are people who grew up with them, and may just be nostalgia-blind as they review them. But as someone who is a part of this generation, I think I can say that the Mario games didn't have a great beginning, looking back.

And so these are pretty much my new least favorite games, and I want to post about 'em

(I'm putting these in spoilers because I have a lot to say about these games soz)

Super Mario Bros.:

I would complain about how strict the controls feel, but I'll leave it since this is the NES after all. But it's really the gameplay that irks me. I mean, some of these levels can be pretty tough to someone who didn't grow up with the NES, I mean, I can't even count how many lives I've lost at World 8-2. Sure, the warp zones can let you skip most of the levels, but that takes the fun out of the game itself. And how you only have so little lives when you first start is not too fun either, considering the difficulty of the game (The extra 1-ups are hard to find and it would probably take a few times of playing to track them down without the internet, and I've got at least 10 game-overs trying to do the infinite 1-up trick).

When you play a game for the first time, you really don't know what's ahead of you (unless you watch a walkthrough or something...), and that applies to this game. But with the limited lives and bull crap deaths, and the fact that you have to start ALL THE WAY OVER when you get a game over, this game really agitates me.

...Also Nintendo conducted a test, which showed that a majority of today's gamers couldn't even finish the first level in this game. Though I am a bit disappointed with this, it just showed that to today's standards, this game is not what it is to 80's gamers.
In short: I don't really like this game that much

Japanese Super Mario 2/ Lost levels:

It's the same as the original Mario, only a bit more difficult. And wasn't released in America. All of the above applies here as well, but I've only played the version on the Mario All-Stars cartridge for SNES. I only assume that it has the same rules as the original Mario, since most NES/Famicom games didn't have save batteries. If someone has played this game, please clarify.

...But if it is like the original Mario, I'd probably never play the NES/Famicom version because I've gotten so many game overs on the All-Stars version, that without the save feature, I'd probably break at least 5 TVs.
In short: It's about the same as the first game but I think it's okay

Super Mario 2/ Doki Doki Panic:

Although this game is just a rip-off of a japanese Famicom game, it's still a Mario game. I liked how each of the characters had their own unique abilities in this one, but no matter who you picked the characters all seemed a bit slippery in control, or at least to me it is. And I can't get past World 1-2, as pathetic as it seems. Whenever you have to throw the bombs to break the rocks, for some reason they either throw the bomb or just drop it and I can't determine what they're going to do. Also when the bomb is just a few pixels away from the rock it won't register the explosion, then I have to make whoever I'm playing as jump into the pit and lose a life just so I can get the bombs to respawn. Really game... why. I think this game is... okay, I guess.
In short: This game is okay

Super Mario World:

I think of this game like Mario 3. It's a good game... I guess. They took out the feature to save items for later levels (WHY), but they did add some other new features, so that's a plus. The levels are... pretty easy in comparison to the first Mario. But the castles... OOoooh them castles... They're pretty hard, considering the other levels. Seriously, I've gotten many game overs because of them (yeah, I know I'm pathetic..) But to someone who's pretty new to this game I mean, wouldn't that be expected? But what I hate most about this game is about the save feature. Yep. I mean, they give you options to save after any major event like a castle or something, but if you get a game over on one of the normal levels, then you have to go back to that save point. The problem is, I find the castles to be pretty difficult. Difficult= many game overs. But I have to re-do the levels leading up to the castle in order to just get another chance at it. And it gets pretty tedious when you have to re-do 2-3 levels countless times just to beat one castle. It makes me soooo freaking frustrateeeed. I guess it slightly makes up for that when you finally do beat a castle, because then you get a small cutscene of Mario destroying the castle. Lol.

But that got me thinking... is this how Nintendo is manipulating us? Making us so stressed over one castle in Mario World, making us want it to be destroyed as it mocks us, forcing us forward? And with all of that stress relieved from that cutscene of Mario destroying the castle, we strive on with more confidence, until we get to another castle and the cycle repeats? IT'S BEEN A TRAP THE WHOLE TIME
In short: I don't really see why people like this game all that much.

Mario 64:

I've never played the actual Mario 64 on the N64, but I have played the DS port. And I've already ranted about it, so there not really much to say. The gameplay is all really just puzzle-like challenges, as in you have to do a specific thing in order to beat the level. Usually, the title of the level tells you what you need to do, like "find the 8 red coins" or something. But some of them are very vague and I actually have to look up how to beat them (yep. I'm ashamed...). But when I find out how to beat the level, It's like I'd never guessed you were supposed to do that. Like the level called "Drop into the caged star" or something. I tried everything to get up there, like shooting myself in the canon or jumping from somewhere. But do you know how you're supposed to beat it? You had to find a freaking owl in a tree. Really game? How was someone supposed to know that?? And that's all I can say about this game. How are you supposed to know what to do???
In short: This game is somewhat confusing

Those are all of the old Mario games I've played. And I don't quite like them.

I bet in a few years I'll find this old post and think about how stupid I was hating on these games, but this is how I think at the moment.

I looooove Nintendo, and my favorite game at the moment is actually Mario 3. But these games I just felt I had to share my feelings for. Just right now I'm not so fond of these games lel. The other mario games are fun to me though lelel

I can already feel the terrible words of upset fanboys tear into my soul

My new opinion has been said, farewell

Out of my collection I'd say my least favorite is Mega Man Anniversary Collection. I actually love the Mega Man games but the button allocation for those particular ports is awful and makes some parts darn near unplayable. I'd like to one day get a NES and the original carts so I can actually enjoy the games.
If you are referring to the GameCube version, I agree 150% with you. Switching the function of the B and A buttons in any Mega Man game? Shame on them! On the other hand, the PS2 version is actually playable. They use the Super NES style controls in that instance.

My least favorite game is Street Fighter 1. I understand that it started the series, but my gripe (Just as every other fighting game player) is with the controls. Pulling off the special moves is impossible, and therefore I don't even play it for nostalgia purposes. Besides, I started with SF2, so... :p

the pac man game for the gamecube. i got it and i found out you need more than 1 person to play and because my only 3 friends are always busy and i hate my brother that leaves the game rendered useless.

Yoshi's Island DS. I had this game when I was only 7 or 8, and my ears were very sensitive to certain things, so, the cries of the babies freaked me out because of how loud they were...

The graphics were quite cute, but the sounds were loud and quite continuous depending on which baby you have on Yoshi's back. I didn't play that game ever again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back