Compu Kitty vs Salem?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skygryph

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the exact differences are between the Compu Kitty and Salem Giga Pets? I know the presentation is different (different shells, animations/graphics, tricks, food), but what about the gameplay or difficulty level? Any variations, even subtle ones? I watched some videos of both, and I didn't see much of anything, but I just want to make sure--I plan on buying just one of them and want to know exactly which to pick. ^_^ Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know training Salem is a bit more challenging. I think the games might be different too. Otherwise, I think they are fairly simmilar to each other, besides graphics and characters.

It's been forever since I had a kitty, but I do own a Salem and I don't think it was as demanding and it doesn't die as easily.

Also if i remember, the Kitty makes random beeps for meowing, which can be confused with the cry for help beep. Salem doesn't meow, only makes noise when it needs something. I could be wrong, though.

There's also a KFC Bitty Kitty, but watch out, i think it's most demanding of all the cats.

If you're looking at other Gigas and trying to find an 'easy' one, the 101 Dalmatians is by far the easiest pet. But if you just want a cat, can't go wrong with Salem.

Thank you both! Sounds like they're pretty similar, then. I ended up getting a Compu Kitty since I like the animations more. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back