Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Tamagotchi friends, paint quality...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cuacuayatl

• cuacuayatl user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:34 PM ( #1 )

My girlfriend has had her new one for two days now, she has raised one character to adult (2 days) and played about 20 games.

The silver ring is allready starting to fade... :angry:  What's up with this?

10153285_689921174377243_174636379826122

Replies

Views

Started

30 Apr 2014

Last Post

18 Jun 2014

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:46 PM ( #2 )

Well... They likely used cheaper paint. I would get a silver marker. Like a sharpie... Then mark the spot and clear coat with acrylic paint.
  • Cuacuayatl likes this

PoisonMookie

• poisonmookie user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:28 PM ( #3 )

It's happened with a lot of them.
I have the dalmatian shell, there were chips in the spots before I even took it out the box.
Not sure if it's just certain shells though, as my white leopard one hasn't worn at all and I keep them both together.

Edited by PoisonMookie, 30 April 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:15 PM ( #4 )

That happened with mine too. :c

Try wiping all the silver paint off with a cloth so that the missing paint doesn't look as ugly and distracting. The Tamagotchi still looks beautiful without the silver paint :)

-Hinotamatchi-

• hinotamatchi user photo

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:02 AM ( #5 )

I think they were just cheaply/poorly made! It is happening to my one too. Also, there were scratches and marks on the shell before I even opened it. When I took the screen protector off, there was a scuff underneath it and if you look at it from a certain angle, there is a scuff on the screen below too! :(

PoisonMookie

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:22 AM ( #6 )

Something I would watch out for is stuff seems to be able to get between the plastic screen and the actual pix-elated screen (don't know exactly what it's called).
I've got a white fleck under there that keeps moving about. It's really distracting but I daren't take it apart.

Cuacuayatl

• cuacuayatl user photo

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:37 PM ( #7 )

Thanks for all the responses guys!  It does appear that these are cheaply made, I've tryed rubbing my finger over the metal border a few times and it instantly removes the paint... :angry:   Not sure how something like this can pass through a quality check.

• *Hayden* likes this

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:33 PM ( #8 )

I totally agree with you! If the paint is THAT cheaply made, I don't think I'm going to be buying a Tamagotchi Friends anytime soon!

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:19 AM ( #9 )

I don't have a TF yet, but this same exact thing happened to my Royal Purple 15th Anniversary iDL. I was really sad that this happened just by playing with it a few times. Bandai UK modeled the TF shell design off the Japanese iDL's. The iDL's use a similar metallic paint. Seems like TF & iDL's share more than a similar design, they also share design flaws. :(

Edit: Here's a pic of the missing paint on my iDL

29p3ddw.jpg

Edited by MagicMimitchi, 09 June 2014 - 08:12 PM.

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:52 PM ( #10 )

Whoa... well now I'm gonna make a pouch before I get the TF!! I'm obsessed about those little scuffs and scratches... I'm kinda disappointed in Bandai for making the new Tamas cheaap :/

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:15 PM ( #11 )

Whoa... well now I'm gonna make a pouch before I get the TF!! I'm obsessed about those little scuffs and scratches... I'm kinda disappointed in Bandai for making the new Tamas cheaap :/

A pouch may be a good idea but the metallic paint rubbing off is due to fingers/thumbs coming in contact with the area when pressing the buttons. It's what happened with my 15th Anniversary iDL and that wasn't a cheap tama. Tamagotchi Friends are cheaper than iDLs but I think it's a design flaw with metallic paint on plastic parts.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:47 AM ( #12 )

Yeah I there's no reason to complain about just the Tamagotchi Friends paint when iD L has bad paint too :P Everybody just likes to think Japan is perfect lol

weeaboos

PoisonMookie

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:46 AM ( #13 )

I haven't had a problem with my iDL paint at all! That's such a shame though, I wasn't too fussed about the TFs because they weren't that expensive but I'd be really upset if it happened to my iDL >.<

magicboa

• magicboa user photo

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:12 PM ( #14 )

This may sound silly, but possibly wearing soft fabric gloves when playing with them might work.  I think the salt (in the skin) and chemicals from soaps and lotions might make the paint wear off.  It's worth a try.

Edited by magicboa, 13 June 2014 - 12:13 PM.

derekq

• derekq user photo

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:46 PM ( #15 )

Well... all of this cause is because the product is made in china.... I wish it could be made in somewhere else like Australia?

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:01 PM ( #16 )

Heh. Rubber gloves. I am also disappointed in Bandai for making the Tamagotchi paint cheap. Maybe it's because of the weak economy or something?

magicboa

• magicboa user photo

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:33 PM ( #17 )

Who knows what chemicals are in the paint?  Maybe wearing gloves is not such a bad idea after all.

• painaputchi likes this