Mario Kart 8

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazotchi25

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I've seen the Nintendo Direct and the gameplay.

I seen the features of the game and the list of characters.

Even before all those I really wanted this game. I don't even have a Wii U yet, but do plan on buying one. Probably as a bundle with the game packed in it.

How about all you fine people? Any of you desire to own and play this?

I'm excited, and i have to wait :p

I totally want to get it soon. They have Baby Mario and Baby Luigi again (ever since Mario Kart Wii's release, they were playable characters, next to Baby Peach and Baby Daisy) for another racing game! ^^

YES.

I am getting that Wii U bundle the very first day it is released. In fact, I'm pre-ordering it. YESSS.

I really don't know why I'm excited for this game (Other than the fact that I absolutely love Mario Kart), but I'm glad that I'm finally going to get a Wii U and that this will be my first Wii U game.

IGGY~

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd LOVE to get Mario Kart 8! I have a Wii U so it's on my list of games I want to get. Plus, in the Wii Mario Kart I am the CHAMPION! (Not in world wide rankings but I've beaten everyone I've played with since I was 8 or 9). I'm excited to DOMINATE see how good I am at this one. ^_^

The best part for me is that it releases exactly one week after I graduate from high school.

By the way, if you're in the U.S. and near a GameStop, they're letting people play Mario Kart 8 this weekend.

Best Buy will also let people try the game on June 1st, the day after the game's release.

The best part for me is that it releases exactly one week after I graduate from high school.

By the way, if you're in the U.S. and near a GameStop, they're letting people play Mario Kart 8 this weekend.

Best Buy will also let people try the game on June 1st, the day after the game's release.
Does this apply for Canada too? or just the U.S.?

I got to play the demo today. I thought my GameStop wasn't doing the event, but they just delayed it due to technical difficulties.

It's a different demo from the one I played at last year's E3 Best Buy event. All of the characters were available this time, along with kart customization.

There were eight playable courses: Mario Kart Stadium, Mario Circuit, Sunshine Airport, Electrodrome, Water Park, Sweet Sweet Canyon, Toad Harbor, and Cloudtop Cruise. All very beautiful courses.

The game feels very nice overall, although the demo was locked at 50cc and 2 laps. The gamepad's gyro controls were also great (I would have used the Wii Remote, but it was forced to use the nunchuck). Drifting feels a lot more like Mario Kart Wii than Mario Kart 7, being more slippery. Inside drifting for sport bikes has been tweaked from Mario Kart Wii, where the start of the drift actually goes outward before curving inside. It was a bit awkward for me, so I think I'll stick with karts for this game.

Also, you can only have one item at all times; this means that you can't hold one behind you and then have another in your item slot. This makes defense a bit harder, since you won't have a shield once your item gets destroyed. I do agree with this change, as it kind of balances out the fact that you recover much faster from being hit and from falling. Seriously, you get back into the race really fast.

Man, I'm really looking forward to this game.

EDIT: Apparently this demo is 100cc, not 50.

Here is some video. I didn't record everything, sadly. Maybe tomorrow I will have better footage?

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Heh, thanks. It feels like the previous two games, so it's all familiar to me.

This game is going to be amazing, and you should totally get it!

Also, if you register this game on Club Nintendo before June (I think, I don't remember the exact deadline), you get a free game (Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back