Is my tamagotchi fake?

fake

• Please log in to reply

cassiem

• cassiem user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:05 AM ( #1 )

Hi everyone,

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place-  I am new to this forum (but for some reason, signed up in 2006, lol).

I recently wanted to purchase a tamagotchi again to relive the nostalgia. I did my research and bought what I thought was a genuine tama from ebay - sealed in packaging. I looked over the packaging carefully and it appeared to be genuine; no broken english, all the right logos, etc. I got the tamagotchi and everything seemed perfectly normal with the tama itself - it had the correct evolutions and features.

However I noticed today that it is missing the "Tamagotchi connexion" writing on the top. Does this mean it's a fake? Here are the pictures of the packaging from the auction, and my pictures of it I took today.

_57_zps30eeac88.jpg

_571_zps571a6ebe.jpg

image3_zps5d674b65.jpeg

this next one might be hard to see, but this is the writing on the back:

© bandai, wiz 2004

bandai 2004

made in china

image_zpsb1814896.jpeg

• BuddiLuvsYew likes this

Replies

Views

Started

23 May 2014

Last Post

24 May 2014

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:19 AM ( #2 )

That's not fake at all :) It's an Australian Version 4 and it looks like it was the winning design of a contest, hence the "Winning design" trophy on the packaging ^_^

None of my Version 4s have the Connection logo. I think it's got to do with the country and the version. My V1, V2s, and V3s all have a connection logo though.

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:08 AM ( #3 )

Actually emf every au v4 has "winning design" on the package I think it was a fault hahah but yes like you said 100% real and better than both a European and American v4 infact becuase it has the beads like on the entama (a japanese v4) which makes it much flashier.

-Hinotamatchi-

• hinotamatchi user photo

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:50 AM ( #4 )

It isn't fake and it is a very pretty Tamagotchi  ^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fake