Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - How Do I Defeat Moltres on Mt. Blaze Peak?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamametchiandMametchi

Reaction score
NOTE: I don't have the cartridge and the Game Boy Advance console, but I have an emulated version on my phone using the "John GBA" emulator.

Right now, my rescue team (Rescue Team Dubstep, consisting of a Cyndaquil named Joel (partner) and a Cubone named Sonny (main), Fire and Ground type) is in a pickle. Moltres is kicking their butts really hard, and I need to know what defeats that fiery bird.

Method we tried:

- Using "Smokescreen", causing Moltres' attacks to miss

However, Smokescreen only affected him for about 2 turns, then he starts attacking again.

Here's what I think Moltres' moveset might be (Correct me if I am wrong) :

- Fire Spin

- Wing Attack

- Agility

- Ember (I dunno what the last move might be...so I put Ember...)

The moves he mainly uses are Fire Spin, Wing Attack and Agility. When he uses Fire Spin on Sonny, it almost takes out all of his HP, leaving Sonny with about 4% or 3% left. It does the same exact thing with Joel.

The only problem is, every time we try to attack, it kind of damages him (with the use of Bone Club and Ember from Joel and Sonny), but then his moves hurt us more.

Is there a certain level they have to be at to defeat Moltres (thus making his moves give less damage to my team)? Or is it the type matchup?

Switch your partner to a water type? The cubone I think has less chance of surviving moltres... Check whom you have befriended with the missions. It will greatly help.

Hm, bosses in the Mystery Dungeon games can be hard. I have Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of time and here are some tips... I'm not sure if they work for Red Rescue team though. I've not played the game you have so I'm just assuming it's similar to the one I have.

• When the boss defeats you, don't turn the game off without saving. That's so you get to keep all the experience you earned from fighting in the dungeon.
  • Have lots of reviver seeds in your bag.
  • Feed your characters gummies. This helps them level up faster.
  • Give your characters bands (e.g. Power Band, Defense Band) to make their stats higher
  • Throw a sleep seed or a stun seed at moltres so that he is asleep/stunned for a few turns

Switch your partner to a water type? The cubone I think has less chance of surviving moltres... Check whom you have befriended with the missions. It will greatly help.
I can't switch the partner. Once I chose the partner, it couldn't be switched. Also, the dungeon I am at restricts the use of befriended Pokemon. I can't have anyone else with me. Only my Cubone and my Cyndaquil can do it. Also, I'm at the part where they are fugitives and Joel has to get everyone convinced that Sonny is innocent, so I don't see what the recruited Pokemon are of use to the team...

Hm, bosses in the Mystery Dungeon games can be hard. I have Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of time and here are some tips... I'm not sure if they work for Red Rescue team though. I've not played the game you have so I'm just assuming it's similar to the one I have.

• When the boss defeats you, don't turn the game off without saving. That's so you get to keep all the experience you earned from fighting in the dungeon.
  • Have lots of reviver seeds in your bag.
  • Feed your characters gummies. This helps them level up faster.
  • Give your characters bands (e.g. Power Band, Defense Band) to make their stats higher
  • Throw a sleep seed or a stun seed at moltres so that he is asleep/stunned for a few turns

I'll try those. Thanks. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been so long. @_@

Level them. Can't you be rescued in there? Cause that could help too. I would have to find my game and get the Rq.Code from you. I am not sure if you can be rescued there though... Ehm. I would have to get a code, no wifi. I got my blue to rescue my red all the time being together in duel slots for a while... (ds) even if the code was annouying to type.

Actually, it's an emulated version .zip file on my phone.

UPDATE: I deleted my game data and restarted the whole entire thing. The main Pokemon hasn't changed, but I am using a Totodile as my partner. Using Cyndaquil didn't even cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were probably fine with them... You need to defeat the trio among other pokes. I would give it another go. I don't recall whom I had as partners for sure, but I think one was Chikorita. Chikorita makes the game a pain if I recall. You'd figure I would remember a game I played so often.

Even if I try it again with Cyndaquil, we'd still die...well, I wonder what happens if I use Totodile, 'cause Moltres is a Fire/Flying, so his water type moves may be able to help, and I can teach him the move Ice Fang so he can defeat Moltres easy.

Okay... You can't get rescued in the emulator at all? That is weird... You'll have to train hard. I had a hard time myself but finally did it. Went around the easier places and collected reviver seeds and the likes and finally got past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back