Tamagotchi surgery

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do lots of you take apart your Tamagotchis for fixing/cleaning? Is it relatively easy to do or is there a high risk of damaging them? What kind of tools are needed and how can it be done safely? I would like to know your Tamagotchi surgery experiences please. :unsure:

I used a small flat-headed screwdriver. It can take a long time, especially with really tight screws, but as long as you're careful, there's not a high risk of breaking your Tamagotchi.

When putting it back together, remember to screw in really tightly! Loose screws have been known to leave missing pixels on the screen.

I do it heaps I've fully take apart my's and cleaned it and taken apart a few other tamas I even made a custom v4.5 with a v2 shell. It's easy just have small screwdrivers and be careful you remmebr where it comes together and not to damage anything on the toy (meaning no forcing anything loose)

Like emf said screw it tight but if it's a colour there is no need to as a colour can function with ought it even being put together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carefulness to the extreme is my only tip. Nothing in particular is really difficult, but there are a lot of small, sensetive parts to take care with. Such as the reset button, sound wires, screen area, etc. Make sure to not work in a place where dropped items easily gets lost, such as over a fluffy carpet or anything. Screws are dropped easily for one... :p

Also, if mixturing with the screen part, make sure that there is no dust or dirt between the screens or on the background plate when you screw together the tamagotchi again. Dust can be difficult to spot while working, but often clearly visible and really annoying afterwards when playing with the tamagotchi...

Be careful, and each Tama has it's own difficulty in taking apart to fix. I think color Tamas are more sensitive. Also be very careful of speaker wires, unless you know how to solder or can use conductive wire glue to fix it.

Carefulness to the extreme is my only tip. Nothing in particular is really difficult, but there are a lot of small, sensetive parts to take care with. Such as the reset button, sound wires, screen area, etc. Make sure to not work in a place where dropped items easily gets lost, such as over a fluffy carpet or anything. Screws are dropped easily for one... :p

Also, if mixturing with the screen part, make sure that there is no dust or dirt between the screens or on the background plate when you screw together the tamagotchi again. Dust can be difficult to spot while working, but often clearly visible and really annoying afterwards when playing with the tamagotchi...

I have a morino and some dust is stuck behind the moveable front screen. Also another connection tama of mine has dust down the sides of the screen. I want to take them apart for cleaning but I am worried that I might just make them worse!

Thank you everyone for your advice. :hitodetchi:

I have a morino and some dust is stuck behind the moveable front screen. Also another connection tama of mine has dust down the sides of the screen. I want to take them apart for cleaning but I am worried that I might just make them worse!

Thank you everyone for your advice. :hitodetchi:
Everything should go just fine if you just open it up and wipe the screen with something soft.

The screws are sometimes soft and brake easily on the vintages though, just so you know ;)

You can used can air and try to blow it out if you're super worried about taking them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back