Battery exploded in P's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuromametchifan123

Reaction score
I realized I haven't taken the batteries out of my P's that I haven't been using for a while. And by a while, I mean two months. ;w; So I flipped it over, and surprise, the batteries had exploded. :( There's white powder all around the back cover, and inside the battery compartment:

49a9dc99-a58a-4f09-8ac1-c4f54503243f_zpsfe32714a.jpg
bcbb5199-5f7b-4a26-a034-7e89e7675468_zpsc4bd7850.jpg

7d6fc089-abd4-4ba5-acff-a865b4a1e521_zpscaa0270d.png

Then on the positive side of where the batteries connect on the left, is coated, and kind of stuck together. :(

I'm really not sure how to clean my Tama, or if it would be able to function properly after this? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!! ;w;

I am not sure how to clean it, but I'm pretty sure that your batteries corroded.

After batteries die, over time the acids come out of something.

It's not that bad, I think your P's might still work as it is

...But it is a good idea to clean it :)

Ohs noes.

Okay. Things that you can use to scrape that acid off... Toothpick, flathead screwdriver, needle, q-tip.

Carefully start using one of those and get that white stuff off. Start with the metal coils and the battery contacts. Try to get as much as possible out and off of it and the plastic. While its open, you may want to check the inside for battery acid. If so, rub it off with a q-tip.

You are probably okay with it working after, but do remember to remove the batteries. They warn you to remove batteries out of anything you don't plan to use for a long duration of time. It will save where you had a event last in a tama. (connection->P's) I would also recommend using better battery, not a cheap brand. The cheaper ones usually explode much more easily due to keeping the "content" (tamagotchi data) saved in time/place and they don't always keep the same power current. (sometimes the power charge may flux)

I've never had this happen with a Tama before, but it did happen to one of my Wii remotes a long time ago. I think I cleaned it using an old toothbrush. It still worked perfectly fine afterwards so I hope your Tama will too.

Thank you all so much, I'm glad I can save it!! :) I'll definitely remember to remove the batteries next time I'm not using it, and I'm gonna get that acid off right away. Thanks again!! ^^

It might still be a bit glitchy after an acid leak like that. My Melody Crown iD had bad corrosion when I received it and when I put batteries in, it wouldn't come on, so I pressed the reset button but it just had a white screen. After a few more tries of removing and inserting the batteries and pressing the reset button it works, but sometimes goes to the reset screen randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back