Thank you Tamatalk

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalover1918

Reaction score
Once, there was a girl. She didn't know much about virtual pets, but she knew that she really wanted one. After weeks of begging her parents, she was allowed to order a Tamagotchi v4.5 from Amazon.

When the tamagotchi arrived, words could not describe the girl's joy. She was 10, and about to graduate from elementary school. For two weeks she showed off her tamagotchi to her friends and teachers, and treated it as if it was her own child, making it a bed and such.

The day after 5th grade graduation, May 30, the girl signed up for a Tamatalk account. Although people at her school were interested in tamagotchi, no one else owned one, and she was looking forward to meeting people who really shared her passion. Little did she know that joining the website would help her greatly in the future.

The username, at the time seemed original, but later she found out that there were a lot of people with the same username, only with different numbers.

At first, she had trouble typing. Her sentences seemed too short, and her grammar and spelling was often incorrect. However, no one made fun of her mistakes, only correcting the really bad ones. Under the shelter if this online community, the girl blossomed.

After getting access to TamaCHAT, the girl met many new friends, and she bloomed even more. After losing a 2nd v4.5 but getting an ID L, her first 4.5 was no longer an only child.

But it was not to last. After school started, the tamagotchis were put away, and the girl stepped into middle school for the first time. She still went on Tamatalk, yet something was missing. Something with three buttons.

Middle School was hard, and after constantly getting C's on her report card, she was grounded. At first this was not too bad, but as the year slipped into 3rd and 4th Quarter, her life took a turn for the worse.

The girl's closest friends turned out to be a bunch of creeps, and she was forced to eat lunch with a group of her other friends who were all girls. They constantly took her stuff, and only gave it back when the lunch bell rang. They couldn't keep secrets, and one, who she trusted completely, told people who she liked. And it went on and on...her life collapsing, the sorrow drowning her. As the darkness closed in, the girl considered suicide.

But then there was a light. And it spoke. "Tamatalk!" It said, "what about your friends?"

The girl realized that through everything, her multiple departure topics and absences, they had been waiting for her to return.

Finally, through all that stress and more, the 6th grade ended, summer began, and she was free. The girl's grandma came and let her use electronics when her parents weren't home, so she could chat with her friends again.

The girl's friends on Tamatalk truly made her feel special. When she mentioned getting almost no birthday messages, almost all the people in the chatroom sent her a message. Eternal Mametchi Fan was always ready to lend a kind ear whenever the girl needed to rant and let out her feelings.

One day the girl looked at the forums, at the people online. They could help out others in the tamagotchi help forums, have wacky conversations in TamaCHAT, yet say serious stuff in "seriously non - Tamatalk". But most of all, the people of Tamatalk knew how to care. These people didn't shrink away from people with disorders, everyone was equal, no mattet where you came from, how your mind/body functioned, or what you looked like.

The girl has just turned twelve. She thinks her username is horribly unoriginal, yet she doesn't make a new account. This one has too many memories. So to Eternal Mametchi Fan, *Hayden*, Supahcow, Amykola, 2pvaporeon, Counting Bodies Like Sheep and many more, read this, and know that you've helped the girl to blossom and grow.

Thank you, Tamalover1918 (the girl)

Last edited by a moderator:
This describes the reason why TamaTalk is AWESOME and DOLPHINNY! You've pointed out pretty much everything everyone loves about TT and I couldn't agree more! :D

The girl's closest friends turned out to be a bunch of creeps, and she was forced to eat lunch with a group of her other friends who were all girls. They constantly took her stuff, and only gave it back when the lunch bell rang. They couldn't keep secrets, and one, who she trusted completely, told people who she liked. And it went on and on...her life collapsing, the sorrow drowning her. As the darkness closed in, the girl considered suicide.
*sighs* Ok, ok, I'll admit it... I told her friends who she liked. I was the horrible friend who betrayed her trust. But in all fairness, you aren't posting the bad things you did. Ok, truce, Kathy? Bye.

Dude that wasn't you. Class Day, remember? When did you do that? You were the one that was there for me.

*gasps* oh yeah I was, wasn't I? Whoops. But that wasn't the only time someone betrayed your trust! I did it a lot. I'm sorry.

Ruby, why are you still up!? Anyways you never betrayed my trust. Let's continue this in PM, so others can comment without seeing us spam up the topic with life issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back