Losing Interest in games?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Has anyone else lost interest in video games? I only see people saying they "lose interest" in Tamagotchi and that makes me sad...

Anyway, I've stopped liking video games completely to the point I just about hate them. I strongly regret all of the hours and hours of my life I wasted on playing games; they were never "fun" to me, I just wanted to beat the game for the sake of it. I find them a boring waste of time... I've tried playing again a few times but no matter which game I try, I have no desire to play whatsoever. The only game I could play for more than a few minutes is Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2. Now I have touched games in months ^^;

Tamagotchis are a LOT more entertaining to me; I haven't lost interest in them whatsoever and I have never ever stopped running them.

I hope I'm not alone :wub:

I have been a video game addict since I was 3 and I don't seem to be changing. :p But it's okay to lose interest and not find them fun, everyone's different. :)

People lose interest in Tama's because games come out like every week, literally, pretty much everyday, Tamagotchi's, well, every two years now I guess, its just the time right now when some things are more advanced, like not trying to be rude or anything, if games never exsisted, Tamagotchi would be pretty popular I guess, the world changes :)

OH OFF TOPIC PFFFT

Its ok to hate Video Games, everyones different and have different opinions about everything, and people just have to accept it

It's hard to think of video games as just one thing because there's so much variety. The only time I lose interest in a particular game is if I've played the same thing for weeks/years on end, and even then it's never happened as I go back to them later. I don't game as much as I used to because I just don't have time, but still they're fun.

It's fine for people not to like video games, to each their own, because not everyone enjoys the same thing as others. It's really irritating though how people make a huge display out of hating gaming/games and thinking it makes them better than those who do game. intermediate kids at my old school smh

I only see people saying they "lose interest" in Tamagotchi and that makes me sad...
I just think Tamagotchis and games in general are two completely different things. Tamagotchi is one thing with a fixed target audience in terms of interests, games are a multitude of different things for people with different interests and there's always something new to play. It's very easy to get bored of doing the same thing over and over again like you do with Tamagotchi. Also, I guess Tamagotchis are also more outdated, (without trying to cause offence) because of the lack of innovation from version to version. Slightly off topic, just an opinion that many people do share.

Well no matter what game I play I just can't get into it :l Even pet sim games, which is strange because I like Tamagotchis lol.

I find myself losing a bit of interest in modern games. Out of the 13 game consoles I own, the only ones that see frequent use are the ones from the 80's and 90's.

I don't like how video games are becoming so much like movies. If I wanted to watch a movie then that's what I'd do. Even video game commercials look like movie trailers these days. Nintendo is the only company that doesn't seem to be headed in that direction, and though a lot of "real gamers" dislike Nintendo because of that, it's actually what's keeping me interested in their products.

I don't like how video games are becoming so much like movies. If I wanted to watch a movie then that's what I'd do. Even video game commercials look like movie trailers these days. Nintendo is the only company that doesn't seem to be headed in that direction, and though a lot of "real gamers" dislike Nintendo because of that, it's actually what's keeping me interested in their products.
But gameplay is what matters and the fact that you think it's just like a movie basically means that it has a good storyline.

Movies are obviously completely different from videogames and therefore it would be completely pointless to just watch a movie instead, so there really isn't any logic in saying that you'd rather just watch a movie instead because they're "the same" as videogames.

If a game is riddled with QTE's where I just push a button then watch the character on screen do all the work with no real effort on my part, then that does feel like watching a movie. Maybe less modern games are like this than I think, though. To be fair, there aren't many modern games I've played aside from sequels to older games and indie games inspired by older games. I guess I've just become afraid to potentially waste money on a bad game so I've learned to stick with what I know I'll enjoy.

I used to be obsessed with video games (like you couldn't pry me from my Gameboy or stop me from blowing all of my money on copied of video games I already own) But now I died down a bit (But I still love them quite a lot)

2528790-fpsmapdesign.jpg

image source: GameSpot

Instead of exploring anywhere and doing as you please without interruptions, you just watch a little movie play every time you do something, "Press X to not fall", "Press X repeatedly to pull open door", "Press Y to make your character automatically do a bunch of random stuff and make the game play itself".

But watching cute animations is more fun than controlling the character IMO o3o;
That is exactly why you lost interest in video games: because you prefer to watch than to do. Nothing wrong with that; it's just your preferences! :) I personally HATE any kind of animation or cutscene regardless of length or relevance, I also hate any kind of plot. I just want to complete levels and win in multiplayer and beat the game #IAmRainbowDash

2528790-fpsmapdesign.jpg

image source: GameSpot

Instead of exploring anywhere and doing as you please without interruptions, you just watch a little movie play every time you do something, "Press X to not fall", "Press X repeatedly to pull open door", "Press Y to make your character automatically do a bunch of random stuff and make the game play itself".
This perfectly describes any modern-day RPG, sadly. And, I can name from my personal experience one that fits 101% in this description: Final Fantasy XIII. I haven't played through the entire FF saga, I've mostly played X, X-2 and a bit of VII, VIII and XII, but when I played XIII for the first time I was like...whoa, ok, the graphics are really amazing, everything seems so real, but...what happened to Final Fantasy? I remember in FFX, I had a team made of 7 people that I could interchange depending on the enemy I had to face, I had to use some strategy to do battles, plan every turn perfectly, the storyline was amazing, and there was a huge world out there to explore...now, after you take a step back from the amazing graphics, all you see is a straightforward game made of:

- Cutscene

- Do you want to save the game?

- Fight (just by mashing the X button, or the A button on the X360)

- Walk forward

- Fight

- Walk forward

- Cutscene

- Want to save?

Rinse and repeat for 100+ hours of gaming...I don't know if any of you played this game, and if you enjoyed it I'm happy for you, to me it was a total disaster. So, I guess this is one of the reasons people tend to lose interest in games sometimes: nowadays games are plain boring. Not all of them of course, personally I've enjoyed a lot some recent games (TES V: Skyrim and the Mass Effect saga above all), but most of them have just turned into a series of cutscenes, or into a game with stunning graphics which can be completed in a few hours or so.

Agreed Bokuhoshi89tchi. I haven't played any games you've described (Y U NO LET ME PARENTZ) but I've certainly played similar games on the DS. Mostly stuff I bought just because it had dolphins :p I don't even remember the names of any of the games but they were like "omg u r gonna rescu da dolfinz from da fishing net" or whatever and rescuing the dolphin involved moving the stylus back and forth over one rope of the net until it broke and the dolphin was free. And I actually LIKED those games. Then Minecraft happened and I realised just how much my DS games suck. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back