- - - - -

Farewell to tBay

tbay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:08 AM ( #1 )

TamaTalk has been around a while (almost 10 years!). One area of the site, tBay, has been there for most of those years. The problem is tBay has changed from a pretty easy place to let TamaTalkers buy, sell and trade stuff into a major headache and drain on Guides' time trying keep things running along. During these many years, many places outside of TamaTalk have also developed into places better suited for buying, selling and trading. These other places have the resources, staff, money and time to operate this type of thing... TamaTalk, unfortunately, does not.

The time has come to close tBay down. I'm certain this will disappoint many who use it and, for that, I apologize. This is something that must be done. It is difficult to think of a way to offer TamaTalkers the kind of security and protection against fraudsters and scammers who steal from our members (making tBay something of an easy target). Also, we've always been upfront about all transactions being at members' own risk and not our responsibility. Yet, often enough, TamaTalk's staff are not able to take effective action against suspected scammers without proof or are not able to give enough help with transactions that have gone wrong. The problem is tBay really needs a lot more time and money for it to become a proper place for transactions between members. We just can't keep doing it. That means we either let it fall apart miserably with members getting ripped off or we close it down. I am choosing to close it down.

The main forums for buying, selling and trading are being removed. The feedback sub-forum will be left available as read-only as a courtesy for a short period of time to allow existing transactions to complete and to allow members to refer to historical feedback information.

Farewell, tBay.

• tamaninjacat likes this

Replies

Views

Started

09 Jun 2014

Last Post

13 Jun 2014

ChamametchiandMametchi

• chamametchiandmametchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:15 PM ( #2 )

NOOOOOOOO! Not tBay! D: Why, Admin?!

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:55 PM ( #3 )

NOOOOOOOO! Not tBay! D: Why, Admin?!

Admin just explained why (in detail) .... did you not read it (or not understand it?) :(

• Mothra, x.Bleachie, ichiro.malfoy and 5 others like this

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:21 PM ( #4 )

Well if it must be done, then let it happen. 
I completely understand the terms of why you're taking it down, and i agree to the conditions.

• Pokčtama856 likes this

Izzy429M

• izzy429m user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:33 PM ( #5 )

Bye bye tBay it is a good change and a bad change for some.
Good = because it's stops scammers and guides won't have to worry about sorting problems.
Bad = because people who used it correctly and enjoyed tBay will not have this feature anymore.
  • XXKayaXX likes this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:12 PM ( #6 )

I am saddened by this.

Question: does this mean we cannot link to transactions outside the site? Such as on Ebay or Amazon where sales are monitored?

• painaputchi likes this

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:05 PM ( #7 )

I agree with you doing this.  This site is an all ages site and isn't safe any longer for transactions. The risks outweigh the good.

Jokus

• jokus user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:05 PM ( #8 )

I am saddened by this.

Question: does this mean we cannot link to transactions outside the site? Such as on Ebay or Amazon where sales are monitored?

I agree on all the reasons to take tbay down, but I'd also like to as the same question as Midorime.
Maybe we could have a new place on the forum where one could link to transactions outside the site to show what you're selling, and write topics similar to the ones in the "want to buy"-forum, so that other members could help link to special tamagotchis that members are looking for...?
I'm also thinking of this potentially being a place for topics asking about the value of different tamas, etc...
  • ciara683 and painaputchi like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:28 PM ( #9 )

Awww ;--;

If only there weren't so many selfish people in the world...

I'm saddened but I understand why you made this decision.

• ChamametchiandMametchi likes this

ChamametchiandMametchi

• chamametchiandmametchi user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:20 PM ( #10 )

Admin just explained why (in detail) .... did you not read it (or not understand it?) :(

I did, it's just that to my surprise this never happened before.

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:43 PM ( #11 )

That's a bummer! But I completely understand what Admin means. Tbay can have some dangers, and some people abused the privilege of Tbay. So I agree with Admin's choice.

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:47 AM ( #12 )

I'm gonna say this one more time: all I can feel about this is relief. It was causing too much trouble, stress and disagreement between people. Now we have the chance to throw the rivalry in the garbage and become friendly towards each other again.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:59 AM ( #13 )

As Midorime said, can people still link things in status updates for eBay or whatever when selling things?

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:34 AM ( #14 )

I've been thinking, won't this lead to more scamming through PMs? :|

• ♥Twilightchi♥ likes this

♥Twilightchi♥

• %e2%99%a5twilightchi%e2%99%a5 user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:55 AM ( #15 )

Another reason why I hate scammers. They're so immature and greedy that they made tBay close down. Unfortunately, there is a very good reason due to which tBay has been closed and it is saddening that nice and friendly trades have been decreasing. Pathetic.

I don't think we need a specific Forum for linking eBay/Amazon sales, but we should be able to link them in the What's On Your Mind? or Seriously Tamagotchi section. 

Again, this is really sad and I will definitely miss seeing topics of people selling/trading/buying things, even though I've never sold anything on tBay before.

Edited by ♥Twilightchi♥, 10 June 2014 - 04:55 AM.

The Ultimate Doomer

• the-ultimate-doomer user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:52 AM ( #16 )

Well phooey on the scammers.

28klvgp.jpg

• Admin, Bubbles11, MagicMimitchi and 2 others like this

derekq

• derekq user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:13 AM ( #17 )

Well. What I can only say is, Farewell tBay.

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:50 AM ( #18 )

A few rotten apples can spoil the whole bunch. :(

Bye Bye tBay

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:21 AM ( #19 )

I am saddened by this.

I agree on all the reasons to take tbay down, but I'd also like to as the same question as Midorime.
Maybe we could have a new place on the forum where one could link to transactions outside the site to show what you're selling, and write topics similar to the ones in the "want to buy"-forum, so that other members could help link to special tamagotchis that members are looking for...?
I'm also thinking of this potentially being a place for topics asking about the value of different tamas, etc...

As Midorime said, can people still link things in status updates for eBay or whatever when selling things?

The TamaTalk rules still apply to any post on this site.  If anyone has a personal link, please promote it in your signature message only. 

The tbay forums have been closed and we've tried our best to explain clearly why we don't want any further trading on this site.  This is not an invitation to simply continue to trade using different areas of TamaTalk.

Please respect this difficult decision and be reasonable.  If you want to trade, sell or buy, please use other sites to do so, not TamaTalk. 

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:04 PM ( #20 )

I agree with Carol_Tama. Tbay has been causing nothing but trouble and scams, so it's a good thing that it's closing down. Plus, there's always Ebay and Amazon!