- - - - -

Farewell to tBay

tbay

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tamaninjacat

• tamaninjacat user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:44 PM ( #21 )

It is sad that tBay has to go. (Even though I never used it but I know many others did and most of them used it responsibly). But in the past three months I've seen multiple tBay scammer topics coming up and it makes me nervous. People have not only been scammed of their hard earned money, they have also been scammed their sense of security and sense of TT being a safe site. I think it's best that tBay goes...

amykola

• amykola user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:59 PM ( #22 )

Logging into tamatalk to find that tBay has been defunct is quite sad. For what it's worth, I completely understand and support this decision that the mods have made. It's awful to realize that there are people who feel the need to scam and lie to others over a freaking plastic toy, albeit quite cute and fun. While TamaTalk has allowed me to become friends with a select few wonderful people (namely brittygotchi, carol_tama, 2pvaporeon) & before joining i was blissfully unaware of all the competitive collecting and tamadrama that went on in the world of tamagotchi collecting. Its a shame, because TamaTalk has so many positive things to offer all of us, allowing us to connect with people across the world who share an interest in tamagotchis. To those bad apples out there, I ask you: What do you think your tamagotchi(s) would do if they knew how you were behaving? I tell you what I think; it would pack up and leave.

Malfoy Edit: Mind the language, please. Thank you.

• Carol_tama likes this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:10 PM ( #23 )

Trust us, we know of a few banned folks. Consider it a warning to anyone considering to be a scammer... You will feel it for a longtime, worse, knowing you scammed a friend. Friends don't scam friends.

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:54 AM ( #24 )

Right now I am only trading with very few people I know and made trades with in the past. I am not going to trade with anyone out of that list, that's for sure... I've already been lied to 3 times when making a trade and I've had enough... Scratched screen, different size and color of the back cover or deep dents inside of the tama, plus missing screws and reset buttons... That's not nice to wake up to in the morning, especially when it's a tama you've been waiting for with an excitement, cause, for example, you didn't have this version in your collection before. Highly disappointing... Plus there are always a few people that will want to make them look better by spreading malicious stuff about others when it comes to trades / purchases.
So, concluding (once again) - I agree with the staff's decision. Now is the time to become friendly towards each other again.

magicboa

• magicboa user photo

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:07 PM ( #25 )

Farewell, tBay. I wholeheartedly agree with Admin for shutting it down. We still have our old standby eBay, and of course Amazon and other sites to utilize.

Edited by magicboa, 13 June 2014 - 01:08 PM.

• Carol_tama likes this