What tamagotchi dog was this...? (1997)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfoutlaw

Reaction score
It was from 1997 and supposed to be a Dalmatian but it actually never turned out as such but was a spottless puppy that otherwise would've been a dalmatian, and then as it grew it went through several different breeds until it was a large spotlless dalmtaian-like dog.
It was hilarious like that.

It was small "tear drop" shaped, white decorated with black spots or paw prints and I'm pretty sure it had a dalmatian puppy's head on its cover, too. But it certainly wasn't 101 Dalmatian themed at all.

I can't believe I lost it and now I can't find _anything_ about it in the internet. Not even a picture!
Anyone happen to know which taamgotchi this was?

Its not like a white mis-shaped shell? Probably yellow or orange buttons. (yellow usual) and paws/bones on it?

Oddball was a spotless dog until she "grew up" (102)

Last edited by a moderator:
MGA puppy or 101 Dalmatians Giga Pet?

MGA Puppy has one shell that's kinda like you describe but it's either red and yellow or white and black. (I think.)

It' was egg-shaped, except that it was flat-ish. It was white with black pawprints or spots as decorations...I'm pretty sure they were pawprints. And indeed that it also had a dalmatian puppy head on it at the top. I think the buttons were orange...But might have been blue or green...Gah, can't remember, it's been some fifteen years since I last saw it... :(

It wasn't a Giga Pet, that's for sure. 'Cause my friend had a Giga Pet and I wished I'd bought that type instead. :D
Doesn't come up with MGA virtual puppies either...
I hope it wasn't some ultra rare tama... Kind of seems like it was... -.-
I mean, you'd think that at least one blurry picture of it would pop up somewhere after hours of searching, but nothing!

Was it a pet like this?

mgA7bDPugPZY9c0iM7ltQuA.jpg

Did it look like this?

msf9uf.jpg

Sorry the picture is so tiny.

Perhaps it was one of the many, many thousands of oddpets in exisence. Rare but not necessarily valuable and sought-after.

Thanks again for the suggestions, but no luck still.

That tiny picture doesn't seem to be of it because it doesn't have the dalmatian puppy head shot at the top, and I think the one I'm looking for had a little bit less spots/pawprints. Also, the puppy head picture looked like one of those Disney dalmatian puppies BUT, but it wasn't a 101 Dalmatian pet - I don't think, because I wasn't looking for any "fan" tamagotchi back then when I was first buing it but wanted something original.

And it was't an oddpet, pound puppy or pocket puppy.
It was an original tamagotchi I bought in 1997.

It couldn't have been an original Tamagotchi. Bandai "Tamagotchis" don't have real animals like dogs and such, and they don't come in the design you described. ^_^ ; It was a non-Tamagotchi virtual pet.

Okay, well, all I know for that is that I bought it in 1997 or 1998. (Thought more and can't really be sure which year it was but at the latest 1998.) So it can't be of any series that started after that year.

EDIT:

Look, anyone who may have had it or has it now, it's very distinguishable in-game.

First it starts off as a white puppy that looks like spotless dalmatian, then at some point it turns into a duchshound and at one point into a spitch! Then later it's a large white dog that looks like a spotless dalmatian as in basically an adult version of the puppy it was. For some reason it just decided to change breed a couple of times during the days in between. :D

And as said, it was supposed to be all dalmatian according to the package and cover! :p
And it was egg-shaped except that it was flat-ish compared to an actual egg's shape.

By the way, when I say "white dog that looks like a spotless dalmatian" I don't mean literally white.
The game-play didn't have any colours I just assumed it would've been white if it did as it was supposed to be a dalmatian puppy (though at spotless stage I guess.) Not sure if any virtual pet ever was coloured, the actual pet I mean, but just in case.

Was it this programming? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCCzKRXxzzk

That is the only dog pet i can find with a spitz breed dog. It is MGA programming, but a different shell. Whatever you played had a Tama-like shell, but the programming was MGA. And i think i know the shell, it was white with black paw prints and bones on either side, but I don't remember a dog face on the top of it, and it wasn't totally ovoid.

EDIT: Another MGA puppy in a different shell:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Yeah, it was that programming. Definitely. Every single feature is exactly like it had.

And as a puppy it looked just like that one in the second video. And some day it looked like that spitz in the first one. But only for a day or two and then it turned into that other breed for a while, and then grew into a large version of the puppy...

Awesome! Thanks a lot, at least now I know something more for sure... :D
So...Does this mean it doesn't really matter which MGA programmed puppy I'd buy, I'd get the exact same thing?! Although...I would still like to find that very same I had as a child...Foe nostalgia's sake!

PS.
Why the heck is that one dog's shell shaped like a Pikachu?

Yeah, shell doesn't matter, all programming is the same. So you want to make sure you get an MGA puppy. Sometimes the same shells will house a Petogaotchi Puppy, though, which is different, so be cautious.

Ooh, okay. Thank you, gotta get some that has sceenshots of the gameplay then.
But if anyone ever sees for sale the one with the shell I described in this topic, please do let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back