tama batteries!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamaimon

Reaction score
OK. So I recently bought batteries for my tama (first one) and neither worked, brand new. Is it possible that it could be the tama itself? If so, is there anything I can do to help it? Or do you think that I should buy a new one? :[

- Try leaving the battery in for several seconds

- Try pressing the reset button after putting the battery in, even if there's no egg on the screen

- Try gently pushing down on the battery

If none of these methods work: If you got the batteries from the discount store they could be bad. I once got some AAA batteries from a discount store and one was already leaking.

Of course, the Tamagotchi itself could be broken. You could try carefully dismantling it and cleaning it with a Q-tip or something, and making sure you put the screws back in really tightly. Not sure if there's anything else you can do.

What version are you running and what brand of batteries are you using?
I forgot the brand and I can't seem to find it at the moment, and it's a v3. It's pretty old, so I was wondering if it could be the tamagotchi itself.

It is possible that you may need to open your tama and see if you can fix it. But I would only do that AFTER you did what the others who have posted suggested. When you open your tama just be very careful and lightly clean the inside with a Q-tip. Then put it back together and see if it works. I was able to (sorta) fix my Music Star when I did this. Sadly the sound didn't work on it. :p I hope you have no problems fixing your V3! ^_^ (And Tamagotchis require CR2032 batteries, just so you know).

IS there a beep or it is completely mute, use a multimeter to see if the battery has energy and if your tamagotchi is working by selecting it to the ohm's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back