do you like to garden?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pighat09

Reaction score
i am planning to have a garden this summer (school let out 3 days ago) and yeah. do you guys like to plant?

I've never really done any gardening. My stepdad used to have a big garden that he'd let pick vegetables from but for the past few years he hasn't had the time to plant much of anything. Other than that the only gardening I've done is virtual in Harvest Moon games. :p

I hate gardening in real life (on Minecraft I LOVE IT SO MUCH). My mum loves gardening and keeps trying to make me do it, but her garden actively annoys me just by existing because it's not symmetrical. Every time I see it I think something along the lines of "too many taller plants on the left side, and why are all the colourful plants on the right?!" I can't stand looking at the garden. In Minecraft I can have perfectly symmetrical gardens with the plants in a carefully planned arrangement so it looks exactly as I want it to. I'm not even diagnosed with OCD yet. :p

We have a half-acre, and have a veggie garden every year. We have grey-water catchment ( water from the washer, dishwasher, shower) that we use to water it. We grow lettuce, peppers, beans, carrots, asparagus, spinach, and other types of veggies. All organically grown; no pesticides, and use horse manure for fertilizer (I own the poop factory). We enjoy it very much, and sell the surplus to two small markets in the little town we live in. We get store credit, so it works out very well for us. I also do home canning, and we enjoy the fruits of our labor all year long. ETA: We usually end up with so many tomatoes that we don't know what to do with them all. I just picked a half a bushel this morning. Some will be sold, and some will end up eaten fresh, and some will be canned. But that's okay; we LOVE tomatoes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea of gardening and I love beautiful gardens I just am so scared of bugs... When I go out to help my step mum I end up running away from all the cobwebs, worms, every creepycrawly... and I turn out to be more then useless but luckily for me my partner is so helpful in the garden my jobs tends to be supervising while he does the work lol :D

^^Bugs don't bother me; I just water really well before picking, and that gets rid of most of them so I have no "surprises". The garden is netted, so we really don't have much of a bug or bird problem.

Nope, I love the idea of gardening but I am horrible at it, really forgetful about watering and get confused about which plants need more sunlight etc. Even when I follow my parents directions I kill their plants by accident. D:

i once did a spring bulb competition when i was at school, but that's the extent of my planting experience :lol: . when i moved into my own flat though, my mum gave me a three stock lucky bamboo for happiness, which i'd totally recommend for other beginners 'cause it's a smallish, low maintenance indoor plant - they only need about an inch of water to grow & you only need to fertilize them once a month or so ^_^

I have a bamboo plant on my desk. It's getting really big. I also have two ficus trees, and a star pine (Norfolk Island) as house trees. They live out on the front porch during the summer, and enjoy our mister system out there. Every other year at Christmas, we buy a live potted Christmas tree. We decorate it, and enjoy it for the holidays. After the holidays, the tree is planted in the back of our property. They range in size from 15' (2007's tree) to 5' (2013"s tree). This year, we use the fake tree.

I like gardening! I water my flowers everyday. :D My flowers are marigold. :D yeeey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back