Infrared Phone suggestions?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
My infrared USB just keeps failing no matter what I do. I tried to make it work with the help of someone who knows a lot about computers but now it doesn't work at all! When I plug it in, all it does is light up. I get no notification, and not even my Tamagotchi's hearts on the connection screen turn red now! I got so mad I had a panic attack and accidentally hurt my hand =.=

So I'm going to overcome my phobia of phones because I'm sick of only having two gosh darn games on my iD L.

So please suggest / link to phones that are cheap, have Infrared, aren't frustrating to use. I don't really need a decent phone as I will ONLY use it for infrared transfer.

Also I'm wondering, how the heck do I get the download files onto the phone? .__. I don't wanna use the internet or anything on it, and I have no phone cards... do phones usually come with cards anyway? I don't know a single thing about phones sorry XD

Please help before I lose my sanity :blink:

Try looking through this list of phones, google them / ebay them. Depending where you are I found a website that sells phones cheap here in he UK.

https://tama-zone.com/index.php?showtopic=22536

I myself have an HTC M3100 (I believe without digging it out) I bought it second hand, it is badly rubbed in places but meh, it works and transfers the files and it was super cheap :)

Good luck on your hunt!

ISBIS

You can also try to look for some old used Sony Ericsson phones, like the K700 for examples. It has no memory card (many old phones didn't have one) but only has the local memory, to transfer files on it you just need to plug it to your computer with its cable or, if you have Bluetooth on your computer (and of course, also on your phone) you can send files there that way :)

To make it work though you still need to have a SIM card in it, but if you need it only to send files to your ID-L you can just use your regular SIM card and move it from your everyday cellphone to your infrared phone, send the files you need to your tama, then put the card back where it belongs :)

I don't have any cellphone at all...I don't NEED two cell phones to transfer the downloads right? o3o' Sorry I'm so bad at understanding XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahah maybe I haven't explained myself in a good way :) no you don't need two, you need a phone with infrared technology and a computer with bluetooth (or any other device with bluetooth) or if the infrared phone has a memory card, just a computer and the phone itself. However I think you need to have a SIM card in order to be able to use the phone, even if only for the infrared port, but I am not sure about that

No, you have to get one yourself, every SIM card has its own phone number and allows you to make phone calls. I know you don't want to use the phone for calling but just as an irda device, but many phones don't allow you to do anything if they don't detect a SIM card :-( but you could always borrow your mom's card for a few minutes xD

You also dont need to add any credit to your sim card.
Some phone companies send out sims for free and they arrive super quick. I got 2 just for funsies. I haven't added any credit to it.
My phone is an old "smart phone" so it has bluetooth, so its really quick to send pictures from my MacBook to my phone, which I then use IRDA to beam over to the Tama.
Takes practise to see where the ports need to align properly to send the file, but after that its all good :D (just make sure you've got the right file for the right tama)

I am very sorry very sorry very sorry very sorry, that I actually broke it not by fixing it for you, I promise no matter what I will do my best to help you fix it, tell me when and what time you will be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back