ID L 15th ann. keeps freezing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bathory

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
This has occured twice now, not on amy in particular screen and ive had to reset my id l.i dont lose my character, but i am forced to start back at 700 am again. What could be the problem? Does this happen to others?

Make sure u have the right type and not a cheap brand of battery or if u have dropped it lately it may have broke a wire or something

Shake the device. (lightly) if you hear anything moving around, it's broken.

Try resetting. Then selecting "RESET". I don't have much experience with iDL tama's, so that's a last resort.

Freezing often happens if your batteries are either low or faulty, so I would recommend replacing them when possible. Also make sure the batteries are firmly in place, if you can shake the tama, and the batteries wiggle around, their now in there firm enough.

Another thing to try is take the battery cover off, and take the battery out. Then, blow into the battery compartment. It may seen like a strange fix, but back in the 80's and 90's, that was basically the answer to the universe, if dust or grime is blocking the receptors, than the charge can be faulted or weakened.

One last note, the iD L is known to at times be finicky when it comes to being bumped, or exposed to extreme weather. I don't know if either of these would apply to you, but it is something to keep in mind for the future.

Oh this... My Music Star had to have a hard reset, multiple times just to make sure. The thing did not want to forget when to freeze. Twas annouying. Ironic it was my favorite shell. *eye roll*

You can try to "skip" whatever event is freezing it. Deal is, don't know what exactly is setting it up to do that. I got past my issue with the adult, but it came back with the next chance it got... To say, my music star was stubborn to reset.

I always have mine freeze during IrDA connection, there might be an glitch in your tama, resetting should do the trick :) Make sure you use an multi-meter to measure the batteries and those batteries aren't expensive, you might want to try buying and replacing new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back