URGENT HELP NEEDED: Please help my Tamagotchi ID :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furbygotchi09

Reaction score
Hi guys-

My tamagotchi ID is not working :( I became a bit busy with work so my pet died ('twas Lovelin). I did a reset and got another egg and weird things started happening. The clock won't change times so my pet didn't grow and became stuck as an egg. The back light also won't turn off make the device hot and heated.

What do I do?? :( :( :( Please help me! :(

Hi guys-

My tamagotchi ID is not working :( I became a bit busy with work so my pet died ('twas Lovelin). I did a reset and got another egg and weird things started happening. The clock won't change times so my pet didn't grow and became stuck as an egg. The back light also won't turn off make the device hot and heated.

What do I do?? :( :( :( Please help me! :(
All I can say is to take out the batteries for a couple minutes and put them back in. I can't say this has ever happened to me before, but this is my best guess. Let us know what happens! :)

Software crash? Try removing the batteries and putting in a new, fresh pair, then hit the reset button.

EDIT: you're not using rechargeable batteries are you? I would recommend not using those as they can sometimes cause issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is to take out the batteries for a couple minutes and put them back in. I can't say this has ever happened to me before, but this is my best guess. Let us know what happens! :)
Hi Nazotchi25! I did that a couple of times already and it is still won't grow from an egg and the back light won't turn off :( :( :(

Software crash? Try removing the batteries and putting in a new, fresh pair, then hit the reset button.

EDIT: you're not using rechargeable batteries are you? I would recommend not using those as they can sometimes cause issues.
Hi Midorime! I did that, a couple of times already and even bought a pair of expensive disposable batteries and still, the egg won't grow, time won't move and the back light remains turned-on even during rest. :(

furbygotchi09 said:
Hi Midorime! I did that, a couple of times already and even bought a pair of expensive disposable batteries and still, the egg won't grow, time won't move and the back light remains turned-on even during rest. :(
Very strange.

Okay for a final time take out the battery

Then press the middle button to bring up the Download/Reset Screen Choose Reset (If this doesn't happen skip this step)

Next Press the middle button again (or for the first time if you skipped the step above)

If things are going properly, you should see the clock/date screen. Try pressing the button to the left, to see if it'll change a number on screen. (It'll be the month i think)

If nothing happened, Try pressing the Left and Right buttons at the same time then repeat the above one (Skip this if things worked above)

Proceed to set the date/time, Press the middle button after you set a number and it'll put you to the next number.

After that's done it may ask for Birthday and Username. Input these an continue.

Now things should be going, and the clock should be ticking.

Sorry about the step-by-step walkthrough. I'm unsure of your experiences with Tamagotchis.

I hope it helped you with your issues :D

If it's okay with deleting all your data, then do the following:

Try resetting, then removing the batteries.

Check if the battery slots are not corroded.

See if using a different brand of batteries will help you.

Shake the device lightly. If you hear any loose parts, it's time to do some Tamagotchi repair work. (search for an article on that.)

Good luck, hope it gets better! :( ;)

If it still does not work. .... do a hard reset. press all three buttons together and reset button same time with all battery out...This will drain the remaining battery in the tama.

What object did you reset the Tamagotchi with? Maybe the batteries have a leak?

If it's okay with deleting all your data, then do the following:

Try resetting, then removing the batteries.

Check if the battery slots are not corroded.

See if using a different brand of batteries will help you.

Shake the device lightly. If you hear any loose parts, it's time to do some Tamagotchi repair work. (search for an article on that.)

Good luck, hope it gets better! :( ;)
Hi bunbutchi!

I tried your advice and it still did not work. I've check and shook my tama but there's no loose parts. :(

Very strange.

Okay for a final time take out the battery

Then press the middle button to bring up the Download/Reset Screen Choose Reset (If this doesn't happen skip this step)

Next Press the middle button again (or for the first time if you skipped the step above)

If things are going properly, you should see the clock/date screen. Try pressing the button to the left, to see if it'll change a number on screen. (It'll be the month i think)

If nothing happened, Try pressing the Left and Right buttons at the same time then repeat the above one (Skip this if things worked above)

Proceed to set the date/time, Press the middle button after you set a number and it'll put you to the next number.

After that's done it may ask for Birthday and Username. Input these an continue.

Now things should be going, and the clock should be ticking.

Sorry about the step-by-step walkthrough. I'm unsure of your experiences with Tamagotchis.

I hope it helped you with your issues :D
Thanks for the help, Nazotchi. but i really tried following the steps and the time is still frozen and the egg is still an egg :(

Hmmm.... Have you dropped your iD recently? My Tama-go wouldn't work anymore after I dropped it. If that is the case, you might want to look into buying a new iD. Hope this helped! ^_^

I have had the same thing happen twice to my Tamagotchi P's. I tried resetting and putting new batteries in it and made a topic on TamaTalk asking for help. I finally decided to take a screwdriver and open the thing up. The time was frozen (and the light would not go off either) so there was no point in worrying that I was going to brake it any further because it did not work anymore anyway.

So the first time I opened the tama up a small blue piece of plastic fell out and it worked fine again.

About two months ago the time froze again so I opened the back up a second time. This time I was just best guessing at what to do since I have no experience with repairing electronic devices. I ended up peeling a clear plastic sticker about the size of a quarter (excepted it was square) off of the micro chip. I am currently running that Tamagotchi P's and have not had a problem.

I am not suggesting that you do the same thing to fix your tamagotchi ID because I don't want you to be disappointed if it makes it worse or completely breaks it. Electronic stuff can be sensitive and weird, what worked for my tamagotchi may not work for yours. I just wanted to let you know I had the same problem and there is a possibility of fixing it.

I have had the same thing happen twice to my Tamagotchi P's. I tried resetting and putting new batteries in it and made a topic on TamaTalk asking for help. I finally decided to take a screwdriver and open the thing up. The time was frozen (and the light would not go off either) so there was no point in worrying that I was going to brake it any further because it did not work anymore anyway.

So the first time I opened the tama up a small blue piece of plastic fell out and it worked fine again.

About two months ago the time froze again so I opened the back up a second time. This time I was just best guessing at what to do since I have no experience with repairing electronic devices. I ended up peeling a clear plastic sticker about the size of a quarter (excepted it was square) off of the micro chip. I am currently running that Tamagotchi P's and have not had a problem.

I am not suggesting that you do the same thing to fix your tamagotchi ID because I don't want you to be disappointed if it makes it worse or completely breaks it. Electronic stuff can be sensitive and weird, what worked for my tamagotchi may not work for yours. I just wanted to let you know I had the same problem and there is a possibility of fixing it.
weird. I wonder why they add a plastic and a piece of sticker (insulator) but y? y has one of them became lose.

Yea like I mentioned I don't know much about electronic stuff. When my Tamagotchi P's froze I did not hear anything that sounded lose because the inside is very compact. I decided after trying everything external (changing batteries, resetting) it had to be an internal problem.

The piece of plastic looked like it was part of the framework like a small cylindrical beam or support that fell out of place. what was odd was that it was smooth and did not look like it broke off of anything. I did not see a place where it belonged or fit so I just left it out and since its been about a year from the first time it froze I don't think I have it anymore. The second time I took out the sticker because it did not look like it was doing anything important and it looked dusty. There was actually two stickers and I just took one of them out and left the other. Since it happened twice I'm wondering if it will happen again and if I actually fixed it. I mean the two times I fixed it the solutions seem unrelated and random.

Yea like I mentioned I don't know much about electronic stuff. When my Tamagotchi P's froze I did not hear anything that sounded lose because the inside is very compact. I decided after trying everything external (changing batteries, resetting) it had to be an internal problem.

The piece of plastic looked like it was part of the framework like a small cylindrical beam or support that fell out of place. what was odd was that it was smooth and did not look like it broke off of anything. I did not see a place where it belonged or fit so I just left it out and since its been about a year from the first time it froze I don't think I have it anymore. The second time I took out the sticker because it did not look like it was doing anything important and it looked dusty. There was actually two stickers and I just took one of them out and left the other. Since it happened twice I'm wondering if it will happen again and if I actually fixed it. I mean the two times I fixed it the solutions seem unrelated and random.
Weird, so did any feature malfunction after that chip was taken off?

No. The tamagotchi worked normally with no new malfunctions. I did not remove the chip I just removed the batteries and four screws then peeled the sticker off of the chip.

In the picture below the blue tamagotchi P's on the right is the one that the time froze. The pink tamagotchi P's on the left is one that has not had any problems.

I was going to try and remove the four screws but I do not currently have the right screwdriver and I'm afraid I will strip the screws if I try with the one I have. However, I did notice where I believe that the little cylendrical plastic thing was suppose to go (circled in the picture). This blue tama P's was the first one I had and at the time I did not have my other one to compare it to. Whenever I get the right screwdriver (which might be a quite a while) I will try to post another picture comparing the inside.

I hope this helped and clearded any confusion.

Looks like the piece you're talking about is the reset button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back