~My Life with Tamagotchis story~

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniontchi

Reaction score
Okay, I didn't get one but my sister did. This is a funny story I tell ya. Well here it goes.

It was 1998 when I was 5. My sister was 8. She really wanted a REAL Tamagotchi. Not the ones you get at McDonald's. So then one day my family went to Shopko and my parents knew that we wanted a Tamagotchi. Then they saw a Tamagotchi with candy in it. We thought it was real. So my parents bought it knowing it was fake. Then later on, we found out they tricked us!! It was a fake one with candy in it. Then later on we always begged for a Tamagotchi but they would aways say no. Then one day when I was 9, I saw a Tamagotch at a yardsale that only needed batteries. I thought they were the candy type, so I didn't want to buy it. Untill 2004 I bought a Tamagotchi! Again, me and my sister wanted one so we asked our mom and she said untill MY birthday comes she will buy me one. So she did. But then when it was my sisters birthday, she hated Tamagotchis and she thought they were childish. THE END

...And so thats my life with Tamagotchis in it. Thanks for taking your time to read this too.

Lol, it took me FOUR whole months to get a first "Cyber pet" i begged, but my mum said no, then my Aunt said, for my birthday i could pick one, so i got this Duck one.

Aww that's mean. Your parent probably bought the fake ones to save money.

Ok. I'll post mine.... well, part of it anyways.. :furawatchi:

When I was 7, my parents bought me an original Gen.2 Tama.

I played with it heaps, and wrote logs about it. then when I was 8, I had a Dream that it was crying, an I didn't know what to do! B) Then when I woke up, I was scared it would happen for real, so I took it's batteries out, and put it somewhere. For the weeks after that, I always thought I could hear beeping noises coming from it, but then I forgot all about it, and left it for YEARS! then I got it out, and played it again, soon before the connexions came out. B) :unsure:

this is my story

it was about a month after x-mas and my friend came round and she had got a tamagotchi for x-mas and then i wanted 1 so bad

a few minutes later..............................then we went out to go to dinner and then i remembered that we would pass a toystore on the way and i kept begging my mum and dad if me and my friend could go to the toy store they finally said yes when we got there the there was 5 tamagotchi left a purple one a orange one a green on and i cant remember the rest i got the green 1 i took out the tab wated for the egg to hatch and called it mike

well thats my story

~tama2tama4~

Hahahahaha laugh out loud :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :ph34r: . I want a Generation 2/1. I also have the full mcdonald collection. I got it from Ebay.
Heh, Mcdonald's Tamagotchis rock! :ph34r:

What is it like to have one?
I had almost all of them back in the '90s. They were not really tamagotchi's, they were keychains. You can't play with them. I can't remember every detail because it was so long ago...

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, i really wanted a tama too, and then after a year guess what? My parents bought me one. I totally forgot about them, but still wanted one so i was sooo happy!~! I so want a version 2 :D

Man, I sold my WHOLE collection of McDonald's Tamagotchis at my yardsale. Before I was obbsessed with them... :gozarutchi:

My Tamagotchi Story

Well, I was 12, and it was the summer of 1998. I was on a camping trip with my dad's family, my uncle and cousins, on a highly fashionable Morris Dancing weekend!!!!! There were loads of kids on the trip but as you can imagine we did get rather bored watching our dads and uncles dancing around Yorkshire wearing bells and ribbons (no offence to anyone who does Morris dancing!!). Anyway, on the second day we came across a small shop selling virtual pets! As you can imagine, all the kids wanted one. So to shut us all up, our parents bought us one each, and the shop sold out! They weren't real Tamagotchis, but they were still good fun and they kept us amused. Soon my brother, sister and I were obsessed - collecting them, writing logs, sharing experiences!

Until I left it in my coat pocket and it went through the washing machine. Devastated, I cried for my tiny pet for days, until I bought a new one - a Dinky Dino.

When i went back to school, everyone seemed to have a Tamagotchi. Bandais, Giga Pets, Nanos, and hundreds of fakes. It was soon clear that it was one of those fashionable Fads - once one person had one, the whole school needed to get one! So, naturally, due to the endless beeping and "please miss, I need to feed it!", they were banned.

Christmas came, and I was given Two new pets - a nano dog and my first official Tamagotchi! Wayhay! I soon went about buying the official book, a cord to keep it round my neck, strings, little beds and boxes, and all the merchandise I could lay my button-pushing-sore hands on.

In the months that followed, I soon built up a fine collection of generation ones and twos, gigas, nanos, and heaps of fakes. I loved them! I was obsessed by them!

And then they went out of fashion. Slowly but surely, the craze that had gripped the nation died down. To be replaced by Pokemon and Yoyos. And Tellietubbies - arrgh!

But I hung on there - months later, I was still caring for them, even when no'one else was interested. I visited the internet and joined long-empty fan clubs. I even struck up a pen-friendship with another girl who liked Tamagotchis.

But finally, the fact is, I lost interest in them too. I packed them away and put them in a box. I said goodbye to them in the summer of 2001.

And then...three years later...as I started my second year of university - back came Tamagotchis!!! Wayhay! I was so excited! The Tamagotchi Connexions!! Wow! I couldn't wait to get hold of one! I looked on sites on the net and realised all the fan clubs were back on and running! And all the shops had sold out! I could not find one anywhere!

Until Feb 2005, I found a store closing down, selling off their stock - among which, were Tamagotchi connexions! So I bought one and they were just like old times! I connected it with my sister’s and a fine time was had by all!

During exams, though, my poor tam never got played with at all! In fact, it was paused for about three months! But over the summer this year, I restarted it and carried on - I was up to Gen 8.

I also bought a version 2 - they were becoming much easier to find now - as did my sister, and my youngest sister who had been too small to appreciate the fun the first time round.

And so Jada and Mew sit upon my desk now, glad that Tams are now around again!

Thanks for reading this - it turned out a bit longer than I thought it would be!!

I had almost all of them back in the '90s. They were not really tamagotchi's, they were keychains. You can't play with them. I can't remember every detail because it was so long ago...
You can find those in thrift stores for 20 cents! B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back