Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyTamagotchi

Reaction score
Hi! :) I was wondering if anybody else knew about Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families? I just think they're the cutest lil' things ever. :wub:

Right now I don't have time to embed the picture, so I'll just link a picture here.

I know them! In my country I could say they're quite popular (I've always called them "Sylvanian Families" but from what you say I assume Calico Critters is the same :) ). I don't think I have one, but I really think I had something related to them when I was very very young. However, I still see them in stores the few times I go to a toy shop ;)

I know them! In my country I could say they're quite popular (I've always called them "Sylvanian Families" but from what you say I assume Calico Critters is the same :) ). I don't think I have one, but I really think I had something related to them when I was very very young. However, I still see them in stores the few times I go to a toy shop ;)
Cool! Yeah, in the U.S they're called Calico Critters :) Everywhere outside the U.S it's Sylvanian Families. I'm so glad there's another person out there who knows!! :'D

I loved them when I was little! I still have some mice, bunnies, a tiny kitten, a penguin family, and maybe some others I forgot.

Sylvanian Families were one of the many types of toys I collected in the 90's when I was in grade school. My favorites back then were my squirrel and bunny families. :wub: (I still have my originals displayed on my bedroom desk at my mom's house.) They were reintroduced in recent years as Calico Critters and I couldn't have been more excited to see the reboot! They're so adorable. I'm amazed at the variety of creatures available these days. Compared to when I was little, there are crazy numbers of families and single animals to choose from. ^_^ A local toy shop has a wonderful selection of them and I tend to stop in just to take a look at all of the new pieces that arrived whenever I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back