Do you/can you cook for yourself?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can you/do you cook your own meals?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mametchi lover63626

Reaction score
i went back to my parent's place today for dinner and we started talking about how it literally took me moving out on my own before i'd even pick up a spatula XD

so a couple of things i'm curious about:

• do you regularly cook for yourself?
  • what age did you start cooking?

i'm 17, moved out last year so i mostly cook for myself. it's very much typical 'guy's cooking' though - i stick to ten or so really easy meals like fried rice and jiǎozi and stuff. i visit my girlfriend or my mum when i want a real meal :mellow: :D

how about you guys?

I've been cooking since about the age of 13, and did for many years, both as married and single. My husband now (my 4th), loves to cook, and I gladly give him the opportunity. I cook once in a while. I do home canning of the vegetables our garden produces. He dosen't know how to do that, and gladly leaves it to me.

I can cook, I believe that I first started at age 12 in technology classes, but I wasn't very good at it for a while. I used to cook every now and then, but in my current living situation, I don't have to cook for myself. I'll probably have to next year though.

I started cooking for myself when I moved out too. Lots of simple meals and experimentation at first, but after a while, got to understand how certain flavours / foods work well together.

I don't cook as much as I used to as I often have to work late - so my husband cooks instead.

i can make fried eggs and egg noodles but thats it. i wanna learn more and i wanna bake.

I've always said I can't cook anything unless there's directions printed on the box. :p

I can cook insta-noodles and make toast and frozen waffles and...... and.... erm.. uh simple food I guess you can say but I can make Mac and cheese :p well if it has directions on the box XP

I consider myself reasonably competent in the kitchen. As I still live with my mom, I'm not often obliged to cook for myself, but sometimes if my mom's busy I'll cook dinner or whatever.

During the summer, my mom's usually working by the time I get up, so I make breakfast for myself. Also, if I want any delicious item with gluten or dairy, I have to cook it for myself, since my mom can eat neither gluten nor dairy.

Whoa, a lot of you guys learned to cook pretty early. I actually wish I'd picked it up earlier to be honest, but I was downright abysmal at home eekies in school. They made the grave mistake of partnering me with one of my best mates, so I spent the two compulsory years faffing about :rolleyes: . We were more interested in all the electrical gear around the kitchen anyway :p .

I can cook noodles, and that's all XD I cooked 'em a few years ago.
Noodle dishes are my speciality too XD I love boiled noodles with crispy seaweed :wub:

I can't cook...I mean I could probably pull off a recipe if it literally spelled out how to do everything, but otherwise the extent of my "cooking" is like boxed meals or grilled cheese sandwiches. I just get overexcited I have trouble waiting for stuff to finish cooking (ie, I'd rather just eat raw vegetables than bother to cook them into a soup or something). Luckily my husband cooks, hopefully he can teach me !

Well, I usually cook myself breakfast. Like this morning I made Krusteaz pancakes. O.O

And I make it a point every week that I cook a simple dish for my family, wether it be potato wedges to chocolate truffles to pastry twists.

My mother never allowed me to touch the stove, and even to this day she doesn't. She never taught me how to cook for myself either.

I sometimes use the microwave to cook/heat things up, but there is a significant taste that comes with microwaved food that I don't really like. I usually eat out for lunch and dinner.

I do 3 Food Technology/Cooking lessons a week at school. I can bake, fry, steam and all that. I'm 13 BTW, so my parents regularly cook anyway, but we eat out at restaraunts at least 1-2 times a week though lol

Typically, by the time I get home, the cooking's already done. Don't really bother with preparing a separate meal unless I want to practice. I probably should learn more than Chinese and basic American dishes eventually

I do 3 Food Technology/Cooking lessons a week at school. I can bake, fry, steam and all that. I'm 13 BTW, so my parents regularly cook anyway, but we eat out at restaraunts at least 1-2 times a week though lol
so proud of u bby u cn fry!!!!!!!!!!!1111

meh when im at my house I just grab a random recipe from the internet

which is mostly pasta because pasta is the best thing invented since pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back