Frustrated with Bandai

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzie

Reaction score
I think it is really silly that they wont sell any colors in the US, and they absolutely will hear or say nothing about it if contacted. They obviously are trying to reboot the Tamagotchi in the US, you'd think that they'd try an english color version here, but no. Just more old black/grey pixels.

Its nice that they are still catering gender neutral unlike Japan, but still. I'd like a chance at a US Color version! I mean if they didnt think it'd do great in stores they could always do a special order with stores, so they'd have to be special ordered in order to sale.

It really isnt fair that we aren't able to get colored tama's here, even their advertising is lacking. Its like they are just letting the brand drift and hoping it dies or something. :lol:

Bandai Is Bandai which is an Japanese Company, it is always right to make toys in own country, a company could decide weather to make it international. Well BandaiUS is just one of BandaiJP's partnership. They didn't like the international market you see, very low and failed sale rates. Same with BandaiUK , also black and white. You know Bandai is not only a Tamagotchi Maker, it makes a lot more other toys too, they are not only focusing on a Tamagotchi brand.

Besides, I recently contacted them and they say they are planning to do a test run and release to BandaiUS but they said it is just planning since the Tamagotchi iD L English in Asia kind of failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't so much mind the Black/grey screened Tama's if they were as small as the first ones honestly. But they are huge egg things that just make me wonder why they cant at least be color.

They've done a color release in europe, and were suppose to in the US last year but that date passed and nothing was put out. So I am not holding my breath on that until they make an official announcement. I understand they do other products but if they're trying to revive the brand they need to understand that with the web today, we see what other places are getting and what we are not.

I do agree how they made it fat like can't fit in the pocket and they were supposed to be pocket toys (actually colour screens are inexpensive) imagine a 14 inch monitor is for 50 dollars then + tax, you really can't compare the Tamagotchi screen. Where did you get the information that they 'were suppose to in the US last year but that date passed and nothing was put out'? Yup Bandai is an large company they will decide how the future of the brand they will be.

After they did a trial release in europe of the Tamagotchi iD L E, some of the articles mentioned that Bandai US might be doing a trial release in the US in some Major cities like New York, LA etc. I remember reading on tama-zone someone had supposedly confirmed it contacting Bandai US. It was suppose to be in the fall of 2013, but I dont think it ever happened. If it did then it must have been a major failure because I never heard anything of it again. I've been out of the forums for a while now but I think something as big as a color release in the US would have made a noticeable imprint on the forums.

I never know that thanks for telling me that. Though depends on the market sale rates (in this case it failed) so they canceled without further notifying customer.

I'd like to add to the fact that in Japan, they're known for their cuteness, which is known as the "kawaii culture." I don't know a lot about on why they incorporated this, but it's to assume they're serious about staying very ethical, with all the staple Japanese formalities and all. But those kawaii designs...In my opinion, their designs are so well-drawn and freakin' adorable in small sizes.

But in the US, I don't know the main entertainment culture. But I'd assume it's the video games. We Americans like kick-butt video gaming and we're all suckers for it. Video gaming is the bomb. Gold in entertainment. And I run out of words to sell out this.

But, since we Americans aren't used to kawaii . But, at the same time, there aren't a lot of expert video gaming companies in Japan (unless you're not counting Nintendo and SquareEnix). So, my opinion is that the reason why Tamagotchi keeps failing in America is because they aren't used to the cuteness culture. To top it off, people keep gender-stereotyping aspects of produces. That's why people keep saying that Tamagotchi is "girly" and for "kids." It's sexist, if you ask me. Because just because it's a girly, doesn't mean we boys can enjoy it. And just because it's for kids, we can always remain young-at-heart. I mean, come on. Even boys like the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic generation.

I'd like to add to the fact that in Japan, they're known for their cuteness, which is known as the "kawaii culture." I don't know a lot about on why they incorporated this, but it's to assume they're serious about staying very ethical, with all the staple Japanese formalities and all. But those kawaii designs...In my opinion, their designs are so well-drawn and freakin' adorable in small sizes.

But in the US, I don't know the main entertainment culture. But I'd assume it's the video games. We Americans like kick-butt video gaming and we're all suckers for it. Video gaming is the bomb. Gold in entertainment. And I run out of words to sell out this.

But, since we Americans aren't used to kawaii . But, at the same time, there aren't a lot of expert video gaming companies in Japan (unless you're not counting Nintendo and SquareEnix). So, my opinion is that the reason why Tamagotchi keeps failing in America is because they aren't used to the cuteness culture. To top it off, people keep gender-stereotyping aspects of produces. That's why people keep saying that Tamagotchi is "girly" and for "kids." It's sexist, if you ask me. Because just because it's a girly, doesn't mean we boys can enjoy it. And just because it's for kids, we can always remain young-at-heart. I mean, come on. Even boys like the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic generation.
You got a very good point here and I fully agree with you, we just don't have the culture and who cares if it is for girls (it only matters if you like it) and for kids ( Childhood memory and so)

Welp. I am going to shove something in here... Muuchiz did horrible and they were color. Maybe they did okay for a while, but the feedback on them... Blah. It wasn't Bandai but it probably scared them to bits trying knowing it fell of the side of the Earth when internet/gaming support died out. (even that was pretty blah, I had a Bratz. A friend had a Cat)

Just to remind everybody...

Bandai Japan and Bandai America maybe the same company but are ran by different people and like different companies. Where Bandai Japan associates toys with anime and Bandai America goes for a few things and keeps on the train track/mind set. That is what made tamagotchi so popular when I was a kid.

They have moved on but with all the bashing/complaining, slow is the only way they can move forward on now "unpopular" toys. We had a Tamagotchi Life person here and all she could do is read on and sadly report on what was said about it... Why would they want to create a toy already so hated and nobody has even tried/played/or touched the thing... (example, UK release of Tamagotchi Friends) all the feedback they are recieving, holding back, amending/changing things for us... It happend for the Tamago, MusicStar had glitch issues but they tried. Doesn't that count for anything? It should.

In short, eat your veggies, swallow, digest and THEN tell us what you think.

I personally think they are trying to put their heart into Tamagotchi. That was a huge part of why Bandai is so popular now... Atleast I think so.

-ranted for ya' all.-

I think Bandai America should keep making grayscale screens while Bandai Japan should keep making colour screens. If Bandai America started making color screens too, we'd never see a new grayscale, affordable Tamagotchi ever again!

Why do Tamagotchis need color screens anyway? Japan is Japan, they can have their technology and turn everything into smartphones and videogames. But I will always love grayscale screens too!

maybe a color screen similar to the pokemon pikachu? its not like an actual led screen, more like gameboy color quality. thats a little more in the middle here :p

that way the tamas can stay small like they always were, i dont htink people in america are willing to carry a bulky, ott toy around. i can see why tama-go is so bulky, but idek why tamagotchi friends is.

and people here will buy something if the price is right, not usually for looks, so if theres a free app out there somewhere whats the point in buying a $40 tama?

Bandai Is Bandai which is an Japanese Company, it is always right to make toys in own country, a company could decide weather to make it international. Well BandaiUS is just one of BandaiJP's partnership. They didn't like the international market you see, very low and failed sale rates. Same with BandaiUK , also black and white. You know Bandai is not only a Tamagotchi Maker, it makes a lot more other toys too, they are not only focusing on a Tamagotchi brand.Besides, I recently contacted them and they say they are planning to do a test run and release to BandaiUS but they said it is just planning since the Tamagotchi iD L English in Asia kind of failed.
Actuallt the ID L english was successful, just in Sydney they said they had sold about 250 units in 2 months...in one store (myer)... And it was popular in Asia as well, thats why they sent a second bath of more ID Ls... Pls, get an info source...

250 units isn't a lot dear... Expecially in two months time. That means they sold a total of 250 tamagotchi in that time...

They would need to do an 8 bit color thing... To pay for each color, piece, part... Etc. it adds up quickly guys.

I completely agree with you. I just wished Bandai US atleast tried to see the results, instead of just assuming that bringing colour tama's here won't be successful. You are also right about how they're just letting Tamagotchi's drift....I feel like they don't care about it anymore since it doesn't have that many sales unfortunetly and is growing unpopular (face it, nobody in this generation brings tamagotchi's to my school , its all about tech now) . But you know, atleast Bandai America still carries Tamagotchi products while some countries have no luck with them....like Canada for example, they discontinued it in most stores :( (except Ebay , Amazon and stuff and fortunetly they are releasing Tamagotchi Friends this august at toys r us, the ONLY store in Canada who are selling tamas.)

But I just really wished they would atleast try releasing colour tama's, they are not EVEN TRYING which is the problem but I guess we have to see it in their perspective....normal color tama's go for around $50-$80 ( thats 27 to 43 £ I think) US/CA dollar right? They are probably thinking, why invest on a tamagotchi product while setting the price up that high when the sale value isn't high? So they probably just gave up....on tamagotchi's. They're focusing on other products.

Hopefully Bandai US focuses on Tamagotchi's in the future!

P.S I feel like they gave up on tamagotchi's ever since they released the free Tamagotchi L.I.F.E app .

I'm going to put this simply. Without any success of Tamagotchi's, they won't put effort and waste money on making a new Tamagotchi's. America as a country is very keen on "NEW." Let's face it Tamagotchi had its time in America, but America moved on.
Example: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pCp8g-VjOs) Just like in the video, the Gameboy is seen as outdated. Sorry to say this but, Tamagotchi's in America are outdated. They are great, but outdated. People here think "Why buy a non-colored $20.00 Tamagotchi when I could just get a free app on my iPhone?" It's no longer in Bandai's budget to create a Colored Tamagotchi. Back in 1996-1997 they could have made one with the amount of money they had, but sadly today they aren't making that much anymore. Bandai has failed to bring new features to the table with the new Tama and they will reap what they sowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back