Photo
- - - - -

Why don't people like to read?

• Please log in to reply

pighat09

• pighat09 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:57 PM ( #21 )

i love reading mangas but i also love diary format books, like dear dumb diary (fav), diary of a wimpy kid, etc. waiting to get the new dork diaries

• tamastar133 likes this

JesterxLady

• jesterxlady user photo

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:16 PM ( #22 )

I love reading. My brother hasn't read anything since he was very little though. However, he has ADHD, and the idea of sitting down, doing something quiet for a long period doesn't appeal. He doesn't like reading because books physically can't hold his attention span for very long. That said, he always used to listen to audio books (which I never did).

painaputchi

• painaputchi user photo

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:44 AM ( #23 )

In my country, school is so hard (expecially High School) that there's barely time to eat and sleep if you want to do your homework and study. Plus we constantly have books from school to read: being in Italy means that we have gazillions of famous ancient writers that any professor wants us to know -___-. I began reading a lot more when I went to University, because I could manage my own time, unlike previous schools. When you spend more than 10 hours per day on school books, you don't want to spend other time reading, even if it's for your entertainment: I began having headaches after a while :( However I love fantasy books, mostly if they have to do with dragons ;) And I LOVED the HP saga! :D

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:30 PM ( #24 )

OMG I remember that episode XDDD I still watch that show now and days lmao D.W "Who's Dewy?!"

Too much has changed in the 2014 imo everyone seems to forget about books :< I wouldn't be surprised if books no longer were made later in the future 

• tamafan37 likes this

~DreamButterfly~

• dreambutterfly user photo

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:34 PM ( #25 )

In class we have something called a weekly tally, where we keep a reading log and at the end of the week, we add up how many pages we have. The first week we only had 3 days, and on Monday the teacher asked how many pages we read.

Teacher:(name?)
(Name): 62
(Name):83
(Name):29
Teacher: Kathy?
Me: 626
Everyone: ._.;

This world revolves around the internet -_- .
Video games are not everything, or teachers would assign 2 Pokemon battles for homework instead of 20 minutes of reading. It's for our knowledge.

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:13 PM ( #26 )

Too much has changed in the 2014 imo everyone seems to forget about books :< I wouldn't be surprised if books no longer were made later in the future 

Hmmm... your statement reminds me of a book that I read back in high school. It was called "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury. It took place in the future where there were no books, magazines, newspapers or other information the public could access. No one was allowed to read. Can you imagine not being able to read? All the world's books were burned. If there were any books left they were hidden away and kept as treasures. Oh and if you didn't guess it already, Fahrenheit 451 is the temperature at which books burn. ;)

I really liked this book and other stories written by Ray Bradbury. I use to read all the time while I was in school but after I graduated college and started working, the less free time I had to sit down and read a good book. Recently, another book I read in high school became a movie: The Giver. It's based on the book of the same name, "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. I really want to see this movie and see how it compares to the book. It looks really good. Then I want read the book all over again. :D

I love video games! Video games are fun; but, reading helps build your vocabulary and communication skills. I always try to find interesting newspaper articles to read. I work for my local newspaper, which means that I always have the latest and greatest information at my fingertips. :)

• tamastar133 and ~DreamButterfly~ like this

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:17 AM ( #27 )

I love video games! Video games are fun; but, reading helps build your vocabulary and communication skills. I always try to find interesting newspaper articles to read....

^

This.  

Build your vocab and communications skills through reading - even boring, older books.

You'll win a lot more discussions / debates / arguments ... and respect from others for your communication skills ;)

• MagicMimitchi likes this

♥Twilightchi♥

• %e2%99%a5twilightchi%e2%99%a5 user photo

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:17 AM ( #28 )

I always read the blurb of the book to see if it is interesting or not. Plus, luckily my teachers don't give me any boring books to read. :P

x.Bleachie

• xbleachie user photo

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:25 PM ( #29 )

I used to love to read for a good portion of my childhood, in fact in 8th grade I won an award for being one of the top readers that read the most books during the school year. However, after 8th grade, I completely stopped reading cold turkey because reading started to become frustrating for me. That is why I don't like reading anymore.

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:50 AM ( #30 )

i like reading

im just picky

NineMouse

• ninemouse user photo

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:55 PM ( #31 )

I love to read. That said, I haven't read a book in months, and the last book I read before that one was a couple years ago. I find that I'm just too busy nowadays with school + work to want to come home and sit somewhere and read a book. I'd rather come home and just lay on the couch, watch a relaxing video on YouTube, idly browse my favorite websites and then play a video game until it's time for bed. Reading after having to read textbooks for school and words on the computer at work just gives me a headache.