Photo
- - - - -

As someone who prefers tamagotchis, should I still buy a furby boom?

• Please log in to reply

puzzledpanda

• puzzledpanda user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:03 PM ( #1 )

I really like tamagotchis and other keychain/handheld virtual pets. They are small and portable, and change/evolve over time.

Furby boom is the exact opposite of those things (unless you count the personality changes as an "evolution"). And yet...I want one.  :P After watching some videos on youtube and stuff it looks really cool. Especially with the app. And I was in Target the other day and saw some furby booms on the clearance shelf.

But the worry I always have with robotic type virtual pets is that I'll get bored of it quickly, and it will end up sitting in my room not being used. That has kept me from buying furbies in the past (that, and the old animatronic eyes used to scare me).

So, for those of you here who tend to prefer tamagotchis and other keychain virtual pets, do you think your furby boom was worth the money? How often do you wake it up to play with it? Also, have you had any problems with the toy and/or the app?

Replies

Views

Started

30 Jul 2014

Last Post

10 Aug 2014

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:15 PM ( #2 )

You can still buy a Furby if you prefer Tamagotchis.

I have a few Furbies, I don't use them much... they're still fun though, and it's amusing to hear them talk. I mostly like it when they talk to eachother. ^^ But other than that, I don't find them entertaining in the same way as Tamagotchis.

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 30 July 2014 - 08:15 PM.

• YURIA★CHARMAINE likes this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:18 PM ( #3 )

I have some originals, babies, a funky furby, 2012s, a party rocker, baby booms and booms... So ya. I would recommend them. I love them. They keep me company sometimes when I am out of tama batteries. They don't need the app, but it adds perks.

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:03 AM ( #4 )

I had a furby boom, and using the app I named her "Noo-Tah" Which means "Icy Dream" in furbish, a language they sometimes speak.

But she broke in a week (Sadly) so I traded her for Tomodachi life (3DS game I am currently hooked on).

I recommend it! They are nice to have around and you can talk to them! Hasbro has tips to get personalities on the site, so no need to worry.

There's even the dictionary for furbish that you can download! ^_^
Hope I helped!

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:54 PM ( #5 )

Well I don't have a Furby Boom but I have a Furby 2012 and a Furby Party rocker the app is pretty fun you can feed it different food and find out what its saying to you but Tamagotchis have more features in them and more easier to take with you on the run XD besides I got bored of it after a year ouo; Furbies are pretty fun though  ^_^ 

Edited by tamastar133, 31 July 2014 - 12:55 PM.

puzzledpanda

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:49 PM ( #6 )

Thanks for the comments everyone! It was helpful to hear the opinions of people who like virtual pets, since of course all of the reviews I read on amazon and other places were from parents buying furbies for their kids.  :P So it's a bit different.

I think I'm going to get a furby boom! Yeah it's pretty different from tamagotchis, but I think I'd actually like a change. If I do get bored of it really quickly...well at least I'm going to be buying it when it's on clearance.  :D

black candy

• black-candy user photo

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:32 PM ( #7 )

Furby Boom is more funny than the first one of the new batch! I've got it yesterday! Cute and cool!

b0b3c8fc-b101-4872-8e87-b9f6522c5101.jpg

puzzledpanda

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:42 AM ( #8 )

Furby Boom is more funny than the first one of the new batch! I've got it yesterday! Cute and cool!

It does look really cute and cool! The eyes also showed up really well in your picture.  :)

• black candy likes this

black candy

• black-candy user photo

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:49 PM ( #9 )

Hi Puzzlepanda, like tamas in b/w you can take clear pics of furby with sun light in front of him ;)