- - - - -

To open or not to open?

umino angel ocean nib

• Please log in to reply

HanaTama

• hanatama user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:20 AM ( #1 )

I just received a second Umino NIB. My first one was used with no packaging and I'm undecided whether or not to open the new one? Seeing as I already have an Umino to play with. What do you guys think?  :)

Replies

Views

Started

07 Aug 2014

Last Post

07 Aug 2014

GotchiGuardian

• gotchiguardian user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:05 AM ( #2 )

Depends if you're going to want to sell it in the future. Remember it'll be worth more if you sell it BNIB! 

But if you have a burning desire to rip open the cardboard and play with it... Well, go ahead! Make sure to cut the packaging instead of ripping it. Keep the packaging then, and when you ever need to photograph your collection, people will just be like "Oh wow you have a new Umino, you're so lucky!!!!11" ;)

Myiko

• myiko user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:56 AM ( #3 )

If you already have one to play with I think you should keep the other one unopned, that way if the one you are currently running breaks or gets lost you will have a brand new one you could still use :)

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:00 AM ( #4 )

I always play with all my Tamagotchis, I don't see why you should the poor thing in its packet unless you plan on selling it.

• tama crazy likes this

HanaTama

• hanatama user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:21 AM ( #5 )

I don't know if I would sell it later on, I might just take it out to remove the batteries and see then if I would play with it as well. I feel guilty leaving it in the box but it's just so pretty new! Thank you for your responses everyone :)

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:09 AM ( #6 )

Personally, I would at least open to remove the batteries so they don't leak inside of it and ruin the contacts.Then just put it back in the package.

• -Hinotamatchi- and tama crazy like this

TamaGirl444

• tamagirl444 user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:02 PM ( #7 )

Am I the only one who doesn't keep the packaging? XD

GotchiGuardian

• gotchiguardian user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:51 PM ( #8 )

Am I the only one who doesn't keep the packaging? XD

No! I still have the box of my iD L - simply because I love it so much and I had to go through a heck of a lot of hassle to order it from Japan and it came safely and ugh I'm just so pleased I can't imaaagine throwing it away now! XD It's also really pretty so there! Imma treat it well ;)

magicboa

• magicboa user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:55 PM ( #9 )

I would do just that-- open it carefully,and remove the batteries, then re-box it.  I keep all of my packaging in a tote out in our shed.  The tote is labeled "tamagotchi packaging", and I can find it very easily if needed.  That way, I don't have to have it cluttering up my house.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:48 PM ( #10 )

I keep all my packaging as well. It's in a closet which is pretty much full now with only the packaging.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: umino, angel, ocean, nib