15th Anniversary Red screen at start up (red pixels)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derekq

Reaction score
Hi,tamafans.

I am very happy that I recieved my Tamagotchi iD L 15th anniversary today.

Though I am very sad and worried about: When I insert the batteries in the Tamagotchi, everything is Red, the tamagotchi can't work at all.

2i8u1px.png

The reason why its red is because that's how the ROM Testing (pressing all three buttons together and holding them down) works. More info: https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_Testing

Pressing A should turn it green, B turns it blue and C turns it white. You can exit it though by pressing the reset button. Your Tamagotchi isn't broken, by the way.

The reason why its red is because that's how the ROM Testing (pressing all three buttons together and holding them down) works. More info: https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_Testing

Pressing A should turn it green, B turns it blue and C turns it white. You can exit it though by pressing the reset button. Your Tamagotchi isn't broken, by the way.
That's very weird I wasn't pressing anything? Also, non of the buttons are functional?

Could it be defective (I mean, programming error, auto went in ROM test mode)

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't do that at the original start up. Hope it gets figured out... Not directly cheap to replace those on a normal occasion now...

It shouldn't do that at the original start up. Hope it gets figured out... Not directly cheap to replace those on a normal occasion now...
I guess that's the plan, I have contact the seller just in case, thanks SailorRosette

oh noes, now that you finally got to buy it is borken, I'm really sorry :(

oh noes, now that you finally got to buy it is borken, I'm really sorry :(
I had contacted the seller (you helped me a lot to find deals, I am so happy you spent that much time helping me, Thanks a billion)

My Princess Spacy at first had a red screen. As SailorRossette stated, it's most likely a dead screen. I fixed mine however by removing and inserting the battery's multiple times, and holding down the reset button. It's worth a try before sending back the Tamagotchi.

I just asked my dad and he said the full red means the screen is dead. ... So, you likely need a replacement.
Thanks a lot, I am still waiting for the seller to respond. I will keep you updated.

My Princess Spacy at first had a red screen. As SailorRossette stated, it's most likely a dead screen. I fixed mine however by removing and inserting the battery's multiple times, and holding down the reset button. It's worth a try before sending back the Tamagotchi.
Worth a try, thanks! I will try that right away, I will also keep you updated.

* It is mid night here, I will go back to bed (try to)

Update:

I guess it is solved now, the seller decided to fully refund everything and I will had to discard my defective tama myself.

I also took it apart to do diagnostic tests, it doesn't seem to have any circuit problems.

I am assuming that there's an programming error (update:not exactly) or (hardware) component defective.

I inserted the battery again, it beeped and red screen.

I tried multiple times and it beeped and digital friends of the world and then it continue to beep than back to red screen.

Thanks everyone for helping me!

I'm glad that the sellers refunded you! I'm not sure that there's much else you can try, other than what's already been suggested. Keep trying by holding the reset button and pressing it multiple times, although I doubt that'll actually do much.

I hope everything works out for you.

I'm glad that the sellers refunded you! I'm not sure that there's much else you can try, other than what's already been suggested. Keep trying by holding the reset button and pressing it multiple times, although I doubt that'll actually do much.

I hope everything works out for you.
I will keep trying before I discard the tama ( I might just keep it in my collection of defective tamas (+1 of 0 )

Like I mentioned above, it worked and then it went back to defective mode.

Also, the refund is still processing so I will had to wait, I will keep you guys updated when I received my refund.

Maybe it would make a decent display piece if you are the type to do that sort of thing. Maybe later we will come up with a fix for it... Maybe not... I would hate to toss out such a pretty shell.
Thanks and thank you for trying to help, if you came up with anything please tell me :) , this is the limited version, I feel bad too if it is just tossed out in the trash.

I am an computer technician I know stuff about circuit boards, I will deal with it later.

Update:

Refund processed and will arrive in a few days (awaiting for bank to remove the authorization)

I will keep you guys updated when the refund arrives in my account.

Next reply will be final update and this is going to be completely solved.

So good you got the refund, now you can just buy a new one! :lol:

And if you are alowed to keep the broken one you can just use it for pieces, if the new gets damaged somehow you could just take the pieces from the broken one you already have :p

Update:

Fully solved, I got an full refund and my refund was arrived in my bank account today (include shipping) from the seller.

To be honest, it isn't the sellers fault, it is the manufacture's fault.

I can't blame the seller.

I actually like how the seller full refunded me right away after the problem was discovered and confirmed

By the way, I just turned it on again and it went digital friends of the world and then long beep and then mute and then red again, as I said, I will deal with it later.

It acts like something is lose, since 'digital friends of the world came up' it sounds and looks like the screen is OK, gonna do some tests when I have time.

I am glad the screen isn't broken.

Thanks everybody's help, it is very apperciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back