Color please?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IluvAnime25

Reaction score
I really wish they would release a tamagotchi fully in color here in the US!!!! I've waited for years and I really don't think they will bring them here..... I am kinda excited for tamagotchi friends but it's like *shrugs* whatever. I want a Tama-ID or something but I don't have much money so I can't just order one right now...

Save up to buy a tamagotchi 4u it is the latest colour and is looking to be one of the best. I'm disappointed with the friends too but I think it would be worthwhile saving for a colour tamagotchi that does so much more than the friends.

Seriously, after thinking for some time I think I'd rather have them only in japan, here they would be extremely expensive, I'd rather buy a japanese cheaper one than buying the same version in english for double the price xD

I'm saying this because the Tamagotchi Friends is selling in the UK and Europe for the same price as an iD L.

while the iD L is about 25 pounds in japan, when the english version came to harolds in the UK they sold it for 60. (And that's about $90 I think?)

The price in the US would probably be more reasonable, since the Friends is half the price than what its in the UK, but still, inporting a japanese version would be much cheaper xD

Also I'm pretty sure an english version wouldn't have the download feature at all, the iD L english didn't got any english downloads (I'm glad they still work with japanese downloads, but they could change that in a future colour release)

If you really want a colour version and don't want it to be japanese buy a P's, it has an english patch, or wait for the 4U, since there are plans for making a patch for it too xD

the 4U is much more expensive though, so if you are looking for a cheap colour tama go for the P's. and if you don't mind Japanese go for an iD L, you can easilly find them for around 20-25 pounds in ebay sometimes.

If you want a fully entertainment tamagotchi go for Tamagotchi P's. I don't think will be color tamas in near future and Tamagotchi Friends is the answer -_-

Sadly:

Derrick:

While there are NOT immediate plans for a color version of Tamagotchi toy for North America at this time, the Tamagotchi Friends character packs, digital toy, play sets, and website will be available in our fall assortment of toys coming up around September 2014.

Keep posted to www.bandai.com for updates to the products pages upcoming this year.

Thank you,

Bandai Customer Service

Honestly, even though they said this, it is not guaranteed, that's what bandai usually do for an excuse xD.

Though I honestly don't want colors to take over grey-scale tamas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be sad if Bandai America released a color-screened Tamagotchi because that'd mean no new black and white screens ever again :( I prefer black and white screens, and they're cheaper too. If you want color screens, buy online from Japan :) iD is good to start with.

I agree with everyone plus I think they won't release them here because of the fan base dying. Anyway sorry to go on a rant I just really want one XD the good news is my Japanese friend might have bought me one as a gift!!!! Really hoping so!

Why do I keep hearing of complaints? Xc guys. Yes, color is nice. Atleast they are making tamagotchi still. After a 4 year dragging of their feet to please us. They read all of these comments as feedback. It is just not in the cards right now. I believe they use the same money on previous products for new -same product- funds. All we can do is hope they will as long as we support them.

On another note. The last color screen here I believe was the Muuchiz. Didn't do well at all and they are slowly treading the mud around it. Those didn't survive very long, not even with the Bratz Muuchiz help... Even though Bandai didn't make them...

I also keep hearing there are NOT any plans for color. Derek, it is very possible they mistyped to you in email.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yeah, they probably meant not instead of now xD

I don't mind if they keep doing greyscale Tamagotchis really, the greyscale looks cool and nostalgic, and it's also cute in it's on way, but they should sell them for the price they actually worth -everywhere- xD

All I ask for is fair price and not only-girl thing, hopefully if TF sells okay we'll get Tamagotchi Friends V2 that has a less pointless objective for boys (and for most of girls too, pfff jewelry... pffff) :X

I agree with you all so sorry to rant. I more mean I really want a color one but that doesn't mean I hate grayscale! It's classic and cool

As far as I'm concerned with you all, I have to agree on "color screens are too expensive" thing. Perhaps that's the reason why Bandai told you that, Derek. Now why am I going along with this? Well, Tamagotchi isn't popular again in the west; that's one of them. Basically this is just gonna attract a little amount of new fans, while just giving us cult fanatics some "hope" that Tamagotchi will still exist out of their country of origin.

Second, a thorough explanation of why color screens are expensive. Just think about it: How much does it cost to manufacture a television? You need cables, a screen, and colorizers...components. Not to mention, the materials of silicon (Circuit chips) and the technology of wireless. And imagine how much those would cost. So likely, a color screen would just make a very expensive Tamagotchi product just only to improve the graphics. But what is the importance of graphics anyways? It's nothing but just pointless visual enhancement. Yet, there is a difference between the meaning of bad art and good art, plus the combination of structure.

I'm not saying I'm against color screens, I'm only pointing out the possible concerns with color screen technology. I would be eventually interested in a color Tamagotchi. But if I want them to keep making more, they need to depend on other people buying them, not me. I'd be only giving them like $50 dollars to cover up the one million dollars they've spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back