Good virtual pet apps?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzledpanda

Reaction score
Besides the Tamagotchi Life, and Tamagotchi Life Angel apps, what other good virtual pet apps are there? I recently downloaded an app called Hatch! It is so adorable! The animations are really cute. I just love everything about it.

So what virtual pet apps have you guys come across? I can only try out the apps that are available for iphone, since that is what I have, but let's leave the discussion open for all types of phones and tablets. :)

Digimon Unlimited, which is right now only available for Android. It's a fanmade app, but it is so much like the Digimon Pendulum v-pets and I mean that in a good way - the developer and his team of dot designers really paid attention to detail not only as far as simulating the gameplay features and characters from the original Pendulums go, but also adding a couple of new gameplay elements (Namely the Scan Battle and Digimemory functions) and a whole slew of Digimon that were not present on the real keychains. All of this and they made it free... with ZERO in-app purchases.

Keep your eyes out for a huge update to the Android version, as well as versions for iOS and Windows Phone with the exact same features as said update, sometime around December 28, 2014 if I am not mistaken. :)

Oh I remember playing that app on my old android phone! :D It did seem to be very well made. I don't know anything about digimon, however, so I didn't really know what I was doing (maybe that's why I always lost the battles :p ).

There's a virtual pet app for Android I found called Pululu. You raise a cute little seal. :) It even has a widget feature, so you don't always have to open the app. It stays active in the background. :mimitchi:

i don't remember the name! but it started with a K. so you raise this little blob of the color of your choice, and you can buy it clothes and stuff. and to clean up its poo, you gotta tap the poo. you raise it in front of a waterfall. there's a lite version, and a full version that costs either 99 cents or $1.99.

i drew a pic of the baby:

i remember taking 100+ pics of the dang thing :p

You can find lots of virtual pet apps on Amazon here. Most of them are free. Some are 99 cents. Try browsing through and seeing if there's one that appeals to you! There are apps for cats, dogs, hamsters, and even dragons and eggs. They seem to be all for Android though? I only have an android, so I'm not sure if they work on iPhone/iPad... maybe not.

This app for android seems cute and popular. I've heard a lot about it but I haven't played it myself. Check the description and images! It looks cartoony and somewhat childish but the features sound really cute and fun. There are lots of games and you can customize your pet Pou in adorable outfits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the app called Pou! And no, it's not something like the name suggests haha. It's free, and it's really awesome! You raise this little guy called Pou and he grows up and you can play games with him and customize your house and other things. Fun stuff.

i don't remember the name! but it started with a K. so you raise this little blob of the color of your choice, and you can buy it clothes and stuff. and to clean up its poo, you gotta tap the poo. you raise it in front of a waterfall. there's a lite version, and a full version that costs either 99 cents or $1.99.

i drew a pic of the baby:

i remember taking 100+ pics of the dang thing :p
That game is called Kimimon. I used to play that game but it's no longer in stores. I wish they would make a Kimimon 2.

That's the annoying thing about phones/tablets: sometimes there is cool stuff only available for android devices, sometimes there is cool stuff only available for iOs devices. :p

Pululu looks so cute! But yes...it only seems to be available for android. >_<

I do remember playing Pou on my old android phone! I remember getting a bit sick of playing the games on it. :p It was pretty cute though. I would almost get it on my phone again but...the iphone version is not free, so that makes me a bit hesitant. |D

Another suggestion I want to make would be Dungeon Pets for Android. I just got into it at the beginning of this week and quite frankly I can't put it down. It's like a Tamagotchi mixed with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as far as gameplay goes, and is definitely glorious. :)

I'd have to second the recommendation of Pou! It was free on android and costs $1.99 on iphone. My husband and I enjoyed the games, customization, and overall experience when we had android phones. Definitely a fun app!

I just found a great app for iphone/iPad, it's called My First Dog! It's very cute. It seems pretty similar to the game Nintendogs (in fact, playing this makes me want to buy a used Nintendo DS and a copy of game, I remember I wanted it so bad when it came out, haha.)

Dragon pet and Unicorn Pet for Android are great. They're what changed my rather hostile opinion towards phone app pets. You can even ride the unicorn! Both are for android.

A Dinkie Dino simulator was released for Android recently, called DiNostalgia. It's not a standard app, but rather a widget that sits on your front screen. I'll be buying it as soon as I can - it costs US$0.99 on Google Play and looks pretty darn accurate to the original.

I can also recommend ConnEgg at this time, available for Android and iOS for free. It's shaping out to be to Tamagotchi what Digimon Unlimited is to the Digimon v-pets and I will definitely be supporting the developer of this app further down the road as I did for bulzipke (Developer of Digimon Unlimited and Androgochi).

It doesn't look like ConnEgg is available for iOS yet. At least I couldn't find it on the app store. :( I hope it does become available for iOS though, because it looks pretty neat! (from its facebook page at least)

Anyway, previously I mentioned My First Dog as a fun virtual pet app. It is a lot like nintendogs. But I have to say, it's pretty boring after awhile because all of the "promised" updates from the developers did not happen. The app hasn't been updated since 2012. :p Also there are some pretty bad bugs that happen from time to time, that make the game basically unplayable. So it isn't that great unfortunately...at least it was free...

But I have found another app called Hatchi 2. I have played the first Hatchi but found it to be a little dull. For this app though, the graphics are a lot more colourful and the pets are more expressive. The games are also pretty fun. It's only just been released so there are a few bugs. Also my pets seem to be taking forever to evolve. .__.

Just bought and downloaded the DiNostalgia widget that I mentioned in my previous post. After starting it up, I noticed that the graphics and gameplay are definitely spot on to the Dinkie Dino with the sounds being slightly modernized (They don't use flat beeps, but rather quick bell style chimes - the sound tones of which are still accurate to the original). In addition, there is now an in app purchase (Released recently, definitely before I was able to get the app myself) that adds three more dinosaur types to the lineup (Stegosaurus, Pteradactyl, and Velociraptor) without removing the original three (Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, and Brachiosaurus) - this remix mode of sorts can be enabled or disabled on a per-run basis once purchased - I myself paid the additional US$1.99 for the three new dinos.

I am running it right now (Appropriately enough on the same device as Digimon Unlimited) and am going for a Stegosaurus. :)

Hello Guys,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Konrad Wójtowicz. I am General Director of Connegg. Currently I am developing version for iPhones, last tests are ongoing.

Connegg for iPhones will be available before next week i hope, so please be patient, because I am the only developer here at current, I am working alone on Designs, Tests, Deploys & Coding.

Connegg for Androids & iPhones will be ALWAYS *FREE* & without Adverts.

Let me invite to like our Fan Page:

*link to personal site removed - site rules*

* You will find there all news about the Connegg and Progress*

You also can Download Connegg Here:

*links removed - site rules *

We have Connegg Developers forum:

*link removed - site rules

* Here you can give us a shout about your opinion *ON THE WALL* all messages are allowed, so please be fair as I am for you.

Our website:

*link removed - site rules*

Cheers!

Thanks for Recommending!

Share with friends!

PS. Connegg is running on the market from 16 days. Already we are at ~26th place at "Tamagotchi" keyword on Google Play Store. You can find us also in "The Best New Games" at "Casual" Rating.

Word from me:

I want to create Connegg like you want. YOU = Users. I won't do anything against users at the moment, I want to hear your voice there. I love what I do, I love to create the games, so I am not doing it because this is my work, I do this for now - for free - I don't have any profit from that, I am not running any adverts at current. If you like to donate connegg, feel free: [email protected] (PayPal). That's the only way.

Connegg Won't be PAY-TO-WIN game.

Donations and profit will be only taken as Features for game.

- Designs of connegg

- New colors

- New charracters etc

Cheers!

Konrad.

We have some really nice surprises for you in the next update!

Have a look on one of some new Designs available in Shop!

New v.1.0.1 coming soon!

Designed by: Sara Pierobon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back