P's IrDA Download Exits Connection Menu

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debibu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

To start, sorry if this has already been answered (couldn't find the answer myself) or if it's in the wrong place.

So after playing with my P's and finally getting the IrDA to work, I managed to download a couple of games and some clothing. But in the last attempt to beam over a piece of clothing, my PC told me that it lost connection in the middle of the actual item transfer (something like there might be an object in the way etc etc). It cancelled and I tried it again, but the same message came happened. Now, if I try to download an item, the connection hearts stay dull/don't brighten to red, and the screen switches straight back out of the connection menu, instead of going to the blue "no connection" message.

Did I completely mess up this download option, or is this "normal" IrDA behaviour and it will let me download stuff later? I tried transferring an item via the Pocket Designer and it worked, so I'm assuming it's something specific to the IR download connection?

If it exits back to the menu that means it has reached its "timeout". It happens if it's trying to wait for the other device to send but has received nothing after a specific amount of time.

IrDA's can get very tricky, it's always up to the timing.

Thanks for the reply ichiro! I thought that might be the case but it doesn't even seem to be trying to make the connection.

I noticed before, after I choose the download option, it would go from:

Light red hearts -> Red hearts -> Blue hearts with "X" in the middle if no connection -> can press button to retry connection.

But now it's just: light red hearts -> almost immediately exits back to living room. Have to completely reenter connection menu,

If that's what you meant, then I guess I'll have to keep trying with the right positioning of both the IrDA and the P's, but it just seemed really weird when it never did that before.

Light red hearts mean it's on standby waiting for the other device.

It turns red when communication has been established; then turns blue if there was an error.

Since you have reported that they stayed light red and went back to the menu, that means it went on standby but it did not receive anything from the other end so it timed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back