Your Favorite Studio Ghibli Film

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATUUURE :D

Reaction score
What's your favorite Studio Ghibli film? Mine are:

Secret world Of Arietty

Porco Rosso

Whisper of The Heart

Spirited Away

From Up on Poppy Hill

Princess Mononoke

ULTRA STUDIO GHIBLI FAN.

Moemura Akemi said:
Grave of the Fireflies

but I love all of them ;w;
I'll never forget that movie it was so freaking sad I still tear up when I think about it ono

My neighbor Totoro I luv that one X3 but I want to see Ponyo so bad my sister tells me to buy it because she said she doesn't want buy it with her own money XDD

TBH I don't liek Studio Giblhli besides Kiki's Delivery Service and maybe Totoro .3. I haven't seen Totoro though but it looks cute

But if anything, my least favorite Studio Ghibli is Pom Poko. It looked cute at first but now it traumatizes me because the tanuki's genitals are seen throughout the film, and they even turn their genitals into parachutes D: It scares me ;-;

Studio ghibli is one of the most incredible animation companies and all their films are great, I'd say totoro is one of my favourites as it is one of the most famous and I have seen it all and probably arriety they are really heart capturing films all of them the raccoon one scared me a little but hey it's natural we must embrace nature for what it actually is.

Yea I wouldn't mind the genitals normally but I don't think tanukis' genitals expanding by 1000000 times the original size is natural :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH I don't liek Studio Giblhli besides Kiki's Delivery Service and maybe Totoro .3. I haven't seen Totoro though but it looks cute

But if anything, my least favorite Studio Ghibli is Pom Poko. It looked cute at first but now it traumatizes me because the tanuki's genitals are seen throughout the film, and they even turn their genitals into parachutes D: It scares me ;-;

Studio ghibli is one of the most incredible animation companies and all their films are great, I'd say totoro is one of my favourites as it is one of the most famous and I have seen it all and probably arriety they are really heart capturing films all of them the raccoon one scared me a little but hey it's natural we must embrace nature for what it actually is.

Yea I wouldn't mind the genitals normally but I don't think tanukis' genitals expanding by 1000000 times the original size is natural :eek:
Japanese animes are not really the same as "cartoons for kids" and it's not supposed to be "natural", but it IS accurate.

• It's an anime and a fantasy based on Japanese folklore about the tanuki (Racoons)
  • Genitals are a part of Japanese folklore and legends about Tanuki, so it wouldn't be true to folklore if they DIDN'T portray the Tanuki this way.
(Just saying - but I also thought the anime was not one of Studio Ghibil's best)

My personal favorites are Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Arietty and Kiki's Delivery Service.

As for what was mentioned above, that's just how the tanuki should be portrayed. They are yokai whose huge testicles (note that it's just their testes and not their genitals that get big) signify wealth, well-being and good luck. There have been statues and drawings depicting tanuki in that form and fashion since time immemorial so I don't see why anyone would want to change that now. Japanese children and people in general are quite familiar with the image and folklore surrounding it, and that aside I don't see why anyone should be taking issue with a fictional story about expanding raccoon dog testicles -that everything else aside are rather large in real life too- to begin with. Why are we still body-shaming at this day and age even... over fictional animals no less...

Tanuki aren't racoons. They are called racoon dogs, but don't have much of racoons in them...

And also, yeah, ditto what @up said. Japan has an entirely different culture. In some old children's anime you can even see genitals of the underage characters (Shin Chan, Dragon Ball). Not to mention gender and sexuality related minorities when it comes to old shoujo anime. (and no, Japan is not more tolerant towards these things. They simply fetishize them/don't think of them as of a taboo per se, but still don't support fully. Japan has a VERY poor LBGTQIA+ movement, surprisingly.)

Anyway, on topic... I haven't seen all of them, but I liked Howl's Moving Castle, Porko Rosso and Spirited Away quite a bit.

I love all of them but my favourites are the cat returns, laputa, totoro, and kiki's delivery service.

Spirited Away has to be my favorite.

But, like everyone, they're all amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. But Spirited Away is also very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back