Change name on a V2? (+ more)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diaphaanous

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently found my old tamagotchi lying in a cupboard and I decided to take it out again.

I was wondering, how do you change the name? I can change the time and date fine, but the name isn't working.

Keep in mind the buttons are a little bit glitchy, if that helps :^)

Also, some more quick questions:

-How long do they take to evolve/grow/change whatever the term is?

-Is it safe to remove the paint with nail polish remover (it's not very pretty, it's like rainbow donuts, a white background and red logo/buttons, the one featured in this video:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png)

You can't change the name. You can name your Tamagotchi when it first hatches but after that, you cannot change it. If your Tamagotchi is 6 or 7 years old they can get married, have a baby, and then you can name and look after the new baby.

It takes one hour for a baby to become a toddler, one day for a toddler to become a teen, and three days for a teen to become an adult.

It is possible to remove the paint but I'm not sure if nail polish remover is okay... it might be, but be sure not to get it on the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to everything EMF said, nail polish remover will work to take off the paint, but will also remove the shiny finish of the white plastic - it will no longer appear or feel glossy. Also, if you've got a set of small screwdrivers, you can remove the battery hatch and then the four smaller inner screws to clean the buttons - this should fix the unresponsiveness :)

You can reset your Tama to change the name.

I'm not sure if I'd use nail polish remover.... I've heard it ruins the shell? I think it"s best to read topics about removing the paint of a shell first.

I second the tooth polish, as well as trying baking soda paste. Be very careful of whatever you use, and make sure it's not too "wet".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back