Favorite era of Tamagotchi characters?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which era of Tamagotchi had the best characters?

• Vintage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Early Connection

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Late Connection

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Moden

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Which era of Tamagotchi characters do you prefer, and why?

Vintage - characters from the Tamagotchis in the late 90s (including special theme releases like the Angelgotchi and the Morino). Examples include Mametchi, Mimitchi, and Ginjirotchi.

Early Connection - characters who first appeared on the Tamagotchi versions 1 to 4. Examples include Memetchi, Gozarutchi, and Ichigotchi.

Late Connection - Characters who first appeared on the Tamagotchi versions 5 to the Tama-Go, as well as TMGC+C. Examples include Kikitchi, Chamametchi, and Kuromametchi.

Modern - Characters who first appeared on the iD and all new characters after that. Examples include Lovelitchi, Himespetchi, Coffretchi, etc.

Mametchi is my favorite character of all time, but aside from him, I tend to prefer modern characters... yes, I grew up with Connection characters and have lots of nice memories with them! But still, I adore the newer characters for their gorgeous design and personality, and I can relate to them a lot in the anime...

I don't see why people hate modern characters so much... there's really no rational reason. :huh: It's fine to prefer older characters but it doesn't justify newer characters. This is what you call blinded by nostalgia; it's okay to feel nostalgic and prefer what you grew up with, but hating everything past what you first experienced with is not reasonable. :( You can love both older characters and newer characters, like me! :)

If Modern characters existed first and Vintage characters were the newest ones, I bet people would still complain :eek:

People say new characters all look the same but that makes no sense :huh: I think modern characters have a lot more diversity and detail :3 If you study a character's design closely, you will see how unique it is!

Even the twin sisters, Miraitchi and Clulutchi are very different!

143px-Clulutchi_(anime).png
180px-Miraitchi-anime.png

Miraitchi's mouth is wider than Clulutchi's, Miraitchi's ponytail and fringe face to the right whereas Clulutchi's face to the left, and even their legs are different! Clulutchi's are pointier and touch inwards when she stands, and Miraitchi's are rounder and point outwards. And it's not just in those pictures. Even in all shots in the anime of them idle their legs are like that. :eek:

And every Tamagotchi character has different eyes! Look, Miraitchi's are brown with a heart-shaped highlight inside. Her eyelashes point to the right.

Clulutchi's eyes are blue with sparkle highlights and her eyelashes face outwards!

As an artist I notice these difference and I see how much detail and attention has been paid to each and every character's design. :) Just look at all the Tamagotchi characters in the modern generation and you'll see a variety of eyes, eyelashes, mouths, legs, clothing, and more! <3

That's not to say I have any disrespect for older characters! I like them very much but I love modern characters too. :3 I'm just defending modern characters because I see a lot of hatred towards them mostly from older Tamagotchi fans

Sorry for chattering so much XD I tend to rant too much aggghhh

Anyway, here's another thing I'm curious about! What's your favorite characters for each generation? Here are mine!

Favorite characters from vintage generation: Mametchi, Nyatchi, Arukotchi, and most of the OsuMesu characters; especially Chohimetchi!

Favorite characters from early connection generation: Ringotchi, Tosakatchi, Zukyutchi, Maidtchi

Favorite characters from late connection generation: Kuromametchi, Kikitchi, Sukatchi, Hotteatchi

Favorite modern characters: Himespetchi, Tropicatchi, Spacytchi, Kiraritchi, and many more ^w^

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably modern, the anime changed how I viewed tamagotchi as a brand forever and it's such a cool change to move from a toy to an actual anime which I never thought possible.

For characters I love the early modern lovelitchi-moriritchi time but I like the retro and alien based pets of the vintage area which I had missed due to age. All characters are good they are unique and it surprises me bandai has come up with so many on the toy and in the anime I wish more in the show were on the toy too like windytchi and CPP but i like how despite the new designs being anime, bandia Japan have kept the old "connection" art styles giving them two different looks.

It's really hard to choose! All generations had their good and bad characters to me :huh:

I'm going for Late Connections, Kikitchi, Chamametchi, Puddingtchi, Dreamitchi, Nonopotchi and all the other cute characters on the V5 and Celebrity, they are just too cute <3

Maybe it's also because the Tamagotchis they appeared on are my favourite versions too, but overall if I had to choose an era, that would be it :)

From the early connections I love the Uratama Characters mainly (Ura Mametchi is still my 2nd fav character <3), the other ones are not too special for me but there are still a lot of cute ones.

And from vintages it depends A LOT on the version, the good thing about the vintage era is that there was a lot of variety, I don't like the characters from the Ocean or Angel, and most of the P1/P2 were not too special to me. But I LOVE the characters on the Devilgotchi and Genjintch, some from the Garden and Osu/Mesu are really cute too

As for moderns... hmm, the modern era has a lot of characters I don't like but also a lot I adore. In my opinion the Yume Kira Dream series had the worse desgins, the designs before it and the miracle friends ones were a lot better to me, but I'm not saying all characters from Yume Kira Dream were terrible, I liked some of them :p

I hate some characters like Yumemitchi and other ugly girls that I don't really care about. But I love Meloditchi, Himespetchi, Lovelitchi, the twins, Smartotchi, Motetchi, The Spacy Brothers, Lovesoratchi, etc.

All the generations had characters I like and characters I dislike really, all generations are special in some way :D

And I know how you feel EMF, most people are always blinded by nostalgia, I'm also a pokemon fan, and I really don't get why people worship the first generation when in my opinion that one was the worse, everybody seems to hate the new characters :(

Modern Character FTW

I like Miraitchi,Kiraritchi,Orenetchi,Candy PakuPaku,Himespetchi,Melodytchi,Pianitchi,and some other characters as well

Like the connection ones but I reallyyy love the Modern ones *u*

I don't feel like going through all of the eras right now, so I'll just list my favorite characters modern and pre-modern (pre-anime?):

Pre-Modern: Shimashimatchi, Toratchi, Kunoitchi, Pochitchi, Tamatchi, Kusatchi, Mimitchi, Ura Zukyutchi, Ura Mametchi, Nyatchi, etc. (I love so many of them, gah, I could go on forever x3)

Modern: Spacytchi, Akaspetchi, Pipospetchi, Lovelitchi, Meloditchi, Sumatotchi, Mametchi (I guess he'd pre-modern too?), Himespetchi, Pianitchi, etc. (I could go on all day with them too haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't particularly enjoy the new modern ones, as they seem generic to me, but that might be just because I've never watched the Anime. I really like the vintage, early connection, and late connection, this might be because they are the most familiar to me. The characters from early models just had a simple feel to them that Tamagotchi will probably never bring back since they are trying to appeal to new audiences. I liked how original the characters were, and they didn't introduce too many new ones at once. The new modern ones seem too similar to me. Bandai has added copious amounts of girliness to the characters and it's seems one sided. When they release a new male character, it seems like they get 5 new female character. So the reason why I enjoy the older versions is because they are simple and have even amounts of boy and girl characters.

I voted for Early Connection, but also like the Late Conn. and vintage. The modern characters don't seem like real tamagotchis to me, with all the clothes and jewelry. They are too human-like.

What about Bill?I'm talking about his Japanese artwork
oh god Bill, he is pretty much a human head with legs... he is so creepy...

Now that I think about it, vintage tamagotchis had more human>to>monster characters (Bill-Oyajitchi-Sekitoritchi-Tamotchi2-etc.) And modern ones are more of a animal>to>human thing

It's something funny when you realise they are kinda inverted xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back