Getting rid of scrathes? I'm I doing it right?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myiko

Reaction score
Well, I love the design of my TMGC+C and TamaGo, but the way the screen was made so round makes them EXTREMELY EASY TO SCRACTH, I mean, I've been taking the carefully inside a sock all the time I take them with me, and the screen gets scratched I don't know why. My Music Star doesn't have a SINGLE srcatch and I've taken it everywhere in my bag without a single protection, so I'm guessing is the round shape and the materials what makes them so scratchy.

I recently bought some displex for mobiles with regular screen (non touch), I'm guessing that's the right one for the Tamagotchi's right? I heard it can help a lot to make the screens look like new, and I don't know anyone who has screwed their Tamagotchi's by doing so, so I guess it works? o3o

Also bought some iphone protectors for my uncle (the pack of 6 was cheaper than just 1 lol) and I'm keeping 3 of them, could I cut them and put them into my Tamagotchi's after applying the displex on them? or will it do something weird? it doesn't matter if it's a protector for a touchable screen right? :(

I hope you can help me guys, because I'm trying to keep my tama's in good condition as well as I can :(

Yeah putting on a screenprotector after applying displex is okay. I've never tried to fix scratches personally but I've heard that's the right thing to do :)

I actually retailed a piece of touch-screen protector and applied it to my ID-L: it's working fine, but it "curls up" at the angles. So, if the TamaGo and TMGC+C don't have a "border around the screen" (you know, if the screen is at the same level of the rest of the tmgc) it will wear off in no time. My screen protector stays where it is just thanks to the border. About Displex: I don't know, but I'd like to use it for my V4 because the previous owner scratched it a bit and I'd like to fix his damages. But I read sometimes it can do bad stuff to your screen :/ I read so many different things that I don't know what to trust in.

I've been lucky I guess; no serious scratches to any of my Tamas. Small scratches I can live with, as long as the screen isn't affected. I do keep all Tamas in pouches of some sort, and that has helped tremendously. They're going to get small scratches regardless of what you do. That's just normal for being made of plastic.

Yeah putting on a screenprotector after applying displex is okay. I've never tried to fix scratches personally but I've heard that's the right thing to do :)
Then I should definetly try it, I want my tamagotchi's to look perfect! ;)

I actually retailed a piece of touch-screen protector and applied it to my ID-L: it's working fine, but it "curls up" at the angles. So, if the TamaGo and TMGC+C don't have a "border around the screen" (you know, if the screen is at the same level of the rest of the tmgc) it will wear off in no time. My screen protector stays where it is just thanks to the border. About Displex: I don't know, but I'd like to use it for my V4 because the previous owner scratched it a bit and I'd like to fix his damages. But I read sometimes it can do bad stuff to your screen :/ I read so many different things that I don't know what to trust in.
Yeah the TamaGo and TMGC+C do not have the screen inside (it's at the same level as the body) the same way as the other tamagotchi's, so that makes them really easy to scratch, I mean I haven't played with my TamaGo at all today and it has a lots of new minor scratches... I don't get how it scratches itself but it's really annoying me .__.

I don't think the protector should wear off, it doesn't wear off on mobile phones so why in a tamagotchi? :eek: But if it does I could just use celotape to hold it there haha

And I'm a little bit nervous about displex too, it has worked for most of people, but some of them have had problems, but I guess if it works for most people it must be safe and the other ones did something wrong? I dunno :(

I've been lucky I guess; no serious scratches to any of my Tamas. Small scratches I can live with, as long as the screen isn't affected. I do keep all Tamas in pouches of some sort, and that has helped tremendously. They're going to get small scratches regardless of what you do. That's just normal for being made of plastic.
You've been really lucky then! I don't care about the shell, all I care is the screen not getting scratches, but it gets a lot, It gets scratched when I'm not using it aad that doesn't even make sense, I'll post a picture later if my phone works..., is ridicoulous how scratched my TamaGo is even if I have been only 1 week with it, Its the tamagotchi I have been more careful with... As I said I have never been careful with my V6 and the screen and shell look like new, so I don't know what happens to my TamaGo to get scratched so easilly :(

I do use screen protectors as well. They work just fine for awhile, but do wear out and need replacing. Tamas like the Nano with a deep-set screen don't scratch as easily. I think Bandai made them with the screen so close to the surface on purpose. Also, different countries/regions probably use different formulas of plastic. Some types scratch more easily than others. I noticed the screens on Japanese and USA Tamas is different. Japanese tama screens don't scratch as easily in my experience.

well if they wear off guess I'll have to buy more packs (they are cheaper than the batteries anyway), Most tamagotchis have that deep-set screen so they don't scratch, I just happen to have the 2 versions thaat don't have them so the screen gets scratched a lot more. hmmm my TMGC+C also gets a lots of scratches, but I think it gets less than the TamaGo, because I've had the TMGC+C for 2 months and I've taken it everywhere and the TamaGo for a week and I've never taken it outside, it makes sense for the +C to have scratches, but not so much for the Tama-Go xD

Also scratches in colour screens don't seem to bother me as much, one can still see properly since they have backlight~

I don't have experience personally with this, but I would suggest looking into what materials go into the adhesive on the screen protector to make sure it won't damage the screen. I'd say go ahead but I dunno.

Usually, screen protectors are held in place by static charge, no adhesive at all. At least the ones I use are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back