Tamagotchi p,s patch. Someone is selling the patch...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitbot

Reaction score
Okay this is an very misleading title. Sorry.

So there is an seller here in the Netherlands. He/she sells tamagotchi p,s for way too much 68 euro one from Japan is 44 euro. But thats not what bugs me. He asks 2,50 for patching to English.

It is not on Ebay. It is on an other selling website. Who does not really have great rules. Scamming on this site happens... So what your opinion on this?

Okay... Really want to not... But.

Its shameful. Mr. Blinky does this freely for ALL to use. Then the person (whom ever) is selling this, really? I honestly want to call it stealing someone else's work for PROFIT where it was souly NOT INTENDED. I do hope someone knowing Mr. Blinky will bring this to their attention ASAP. If the info/transfer is not yours, don't sell it.

I really hope it is not any of you. Anyone who is or has been on TamaTalk.

Maybe i should contact Mr Blinky? But i,m not on Tamazone oh... I cannot report the seller because the site doesnt really have rules... There are seller selling puppies from puppy mills. So nothing i can do...

Oh yeah here is a translation from the page.

Tamagotchi P,s

They are fully in Japanese. If desired i can patch it to English so its easier for new Tamagotchi owners.

They are totally new and directly imported from Japan.

For more information you always call or mail

Prices

Shipping is 7 euros

Patching to english is an extra 2,50 euro

(The patch makes the game about 85% percent english.)

PS Is this the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
NO ONE is allowed to have Mr.Blinky's patch SOLD without permission from the creator., that sellers owns NOTHING in the patch, what that seller is doing is also illegal at least in Canada for SURE.

I will contact Mr Blinky about this and see what he will do... RIGHT AWAY.

Maybe i should contact Mr Blinky? But i,m not on Tamazone oh... I cannot report the seller because the site doesnt really have rules... There are seller selling puppies from puppy mills. So nothing i can do...

Oh yeah here is a translation from the page.
Tamagotchi P,s
They are fully in Japanese. If desired i can patch it to English so its easier for new Tamagotchi owners.
They are totally new and directly imported from Japan.
For more information you always call or mail
Prices
Shipping is 7 euros
Patching to english is an extra 2,50 euro
(The patch makes the game about 85% percent english.)

PS Is this the forum?
Bitbot, mind providing the site you were referring to.

I have a direct line of communication with Mr. Blinky because I am a part of the translation team. If that is okay with you, you can PM me the site and I can bring this up to his attention.

I believe he's European too (though I don't know from where specifically) so there is a slight chance that he can understand the site. I could suggest that the patch be modified to include a not-for-sale message to put somewhere.

No worries! I signed up for Tamazone and messaged Mr Blinky. Luckily he is in The netherlands too so can understand it. I am waiting for a reply.

I hope you can solve this problem, it's not fair or legal at all that someone is selling something that was made by a fan for free, and is REALLY disrespectful to Mr. Blinky and/or the other people that helped with the patch... :angry: .

I don,t know if this is legal or illegal here. I will see what Mr Blinky will do. I would NEVER buy from that seller.

VERY SORRY for double post. Mr Blinky contacted me he has reported the seller. Problem solved! I will probably report him too. Because they only look at it if they are more reporters.

can you post a link to the site? I would want to report the seller too :I

I don,t think that would be possible. First its a Dutch site and it needs to be filled in in Dutch. But anyway here it is https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/kinderen-en-baby-s/speelgoed-overig/m844958133-tamagotchi-p-s-kleuren-lcd-scherm.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

And i think you need to be Dutch to report if i am right.
If you would like to help in report the scam and improve the change the site will take action it's quite easy:

Below the item discription:

press 'Meld aan marktplaats' button (Report to marktplaats)

check 'In strijd met regels' (in violation of the rules)

check 'Verboden of verdacht product of dienst' (Prohibited or suspicious product or service)

press 'Verstuur' button (send) and you're done

Oh i did not know it was possible. But maybe this will look suspicios beacuse they can see your ip.

Oh and something else : When they check it out. They will read through and think there is nothing wrong with it. They probalby don,t know anything about the patch.

Oh i did not know it was possible. But maybe this will look suspicios beacuse they can see your ip.

Oh and something else : When they check it out. They will read through and think there is nothing wrong with it. They probalby don,t know anything about the patch.
um... not sure. Anyways I am reporting from Canada, it does looks suspicious after all hmm?

Probably yes. I think someone has to message them with the problem. I don,t think they know about the patch. Anyway it isnt really a probithed product.

Probably yes. I think someone has to message them with the problem. I don,t think they know about the patch. Anyway it isnt really a probithed product.
Well, the product is definitely allowed it is just that the patch should not be sold, and doing so breaks the law of ASAP

Could you do it? :p I mean you speak their language.

I don,t know if i can do that is probably better if Mr Blinky did it himself. And probably i can,t cause i am underaged.

Checked marktplaats and the seller changed the description. He says patching is free now! Great.

Well, it actually disappeared for me, it is no longer available....

De door u gezochte advertentie is helaas niet meer beschikbaar.
Wellicht kunnen onderstaande advertenties u verder helpen.

Erm i think he deletes the ad everyday and posts it again. So it will be new everyday. Many seller do this because there is no fee to post ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back