What are the odds of finding a Dinkie Dino/Giga Pet/Nano Baby in a flea market or thrift shop?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamametchiandMametchi

Reaction score
Because my Mom and I are planning to go to a couple of thrift shops first, then in a couple of months, we'll go to a flea market called "Wagon Wheel". What are the odds of me finding virtual pets (like the ones mentioned in the title) in these sorts of places?

I guess the odds are there; it's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. I've heard of other users finding V-Pets/Tamas at their thrift stores, but I have never personally seen a tamagotchi or any other related pet in a thrift store.

Depends where you live I guess, I've found two LPS V-Pets, a V2 and a V4, in the span of 8 years :p not that I looked every day, but maybe once a month...

Odds are slim. Many people don't think that they don't have value. Sometimes just tossing them. Now, not everyone will and may donate them.

I found a Purse Pal (without the figure) once. Then a planner LPS dog. (now I have two of those...) anything else, nope. Those were just random. One not really a pet, but for what I typically find in the store, I count it. However, the store cashier I usually talk to, she said they have had some tamagotchi in the past. Past being an unknown span of time...

I've gotten several of my connections from thrift shops. I've only seen one non-TMGC pet but I couldn't identify it and did not buy it.

Yep, the odds are slim, but maybe you'll be as lucky as I was once. I found a brand new in box green Santaclautch at a Goodwill in Phoenix, AZ in 2004. It was in the case where they keep the better stuff, and I saw it there. I asked the clerk to see it, and opened the box. Tab was intact. Screws never removed. It was $25.00. I wasn't finished shopping, but I bought it right away, and stuck it in my bag. At another Goodwill (in Prescott,AZ), I found a light blue Jewels v5 for 99 cents, and a Best Friends pair of v2s also for 99 cents each. Those were in almost mint condition, and the v5 even came with a lanyard. I haven't had any luck with yard or garage sales (yet). ETA: I wish you lots of luck; you never know, you might find just what you're looking for, and maybe even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the odds are slim, but maybe you'll be as lucky as I was once. I found a brand new in box green Santaclautch at a Goodwill in Phoenix, AZ in 2004. It was in the case where they keep the better stuff, and I saw it there. I asked the clerk to see it, and opened the box. Tab was intact. Screws never removed. It was $25.00. I wasn't finished shopping, but I bought it right away, and stuck it in my bag. At another Goodwill (in Prescott,AZ), I found a light blue Jewels v5 for 99 cents, and a Best Friends pair of v2s also for 99 cents each. Those were in almost mint condition, and the v5 even came with a lanyard. I haven't had any luck with yard or garage sales (yet). ETA: I wish you lots of luck; you never know, you might find just what you're looking for, and maybe even more.
Thanks. We'll try looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back