Pixel issue

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
i just got a Tamagotchi Friends, but there was a single dead pixel in the screen. Wonder if there's anyway to get rid of it.

Do the rom test? I am not sure how to do that but it should be simple enough. If that doesn't work, contact Bandai about it. They will probably ask you to send it in or give you a "coupon code" to purchase from Bandai shop directly.

how does rom test work?

ROM Testing is used for testing if there are any problems using a Tamagotchi. However doing this will make it restart, causing the user to lose their current progress.
How it testsThe user holds down A, B and C and then presses the reset button. The screen will go black. The user presses A and half the pixels will be black, the person presses B and the other half will be black. The user presses C and it will say ROM testing, the user will wait and it will say ROM OK. At any stage before this, the user will not lose the game. It will then go to the connect screen. If another Tamagotchi is connected then it will make friends with an egg. It checks whether all three buttons work, all the pixels work, if the ROM works and if it can connect to other Tamagotchis properly.
Cite https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_Testing

Hope that helps,

Sincerely,

Geekagotchi

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the ROM test would really solve anything; just show the fault even clearer. The dead pixel might be caused by some small dirt causing a disconnection between the screen and the soft plastic pieces connecting it to the circuit board. So I'd suggest opening up the tamagotchi, and wiping off the connecting parts of the screen, connectors and circuit board, then see if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back