Changing a username on a Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amarie

Reaction score
**Specifically v5**

Hi so first I hope this is i the right forum. :D

Well now that's said, on to my question.

I was on eBay today, looking through the and searching for Tamas. I was planning on a v5.5, and couldn't find direct sellers from the US (all v5.5s were from Taiwan or something), so anyway, long story short, I ended up searching for a v5.

When I looked, there were a bunch of used ones, which I'm totally fine with getting.. except for one detail. The username. :angry:

The username being the name of the owner of the Tama when you first open up a Tamagotchi, not your pet's name. Just to clear stuff up. :wacko:

I'm iffy when it comes to usernames. I want it to be my name and my name only. I don't want someone else's Tama with the username 'Terry' or 'Cat' or 'Jake' or 'Help' something. Which made me thinking, is it really possible to change usernames on Tamagotchis?

Because if I am to get a second-hand Tama, I want the username to be mine only.

I have a v7, and it doesn't seem to be able to have the ability to change usernames. My v4.5 as well. I've reset my v7 two times, idk if the changing username option is just not there or I'm not looking for it. never reset the v4.5 yet though.

So anyway, don't mind my type-babbling, just please answer the question? Can you change a Tamagotchi connection's username, regardless of the version? Specifically v5?

And finally is the Tamagotchi v5's family name the same as the username? 'It will ask you to name your family. As long as you don't reset your Tama , your family name will always be the same.' as quoted by the Tamagotchi v5 Guide.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to reset the Tamagotchi (by reinserting a battery or pressing the reset button) and then choosing "Reset". All the data will be erased, including the username, and so you can put in a new one.

I think the username and family name are different on the V5 but I can't remember exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty sure that the V5 only has a family name and doesn't have a username, and resting by inserting a pen in the hole on the back of your tama and click Reset instead of Download

Thanks so much! :D

I was kinda confused at first but now, well, yeah, I understand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back