Tamagotchi 4U Connecting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunna!

Reaction score
To connect and use all of these options you only need to select the icon on ONE of the 4U's. If you try doing both the connection will fail.

In the regular connection icon (2nd icon on the top row) there are 4 items to choose from:
1) Greeting
2) 4U connection
3) 4U app
4) Touch spot

1) Greeting basically sends your tama profile to the tams you connect it to. I'm guessing it asks you if you want to save. It saves in 2nd option in the book.

2) 4U connection, this has another 4 options you can choose from:
 1) A mini game where you dress up a character. She'll tell you what she wants to wear and shortly after you'll return home and go to the tama mall and it tells you to press A repeatedly. You do it to raise the bar, I'm guessing its energy to fulfill the task, I don't know to be honest. Once you both play the game it requires you to connect them again and they'll go back and dress the character. If she's satisfied she'll give both of you 200 gotchi points. Fun game!
 2) Give, so you can choose an item to transfer over. Basic tama lending like in previous versions.
 3) Picture, very cute animations. It'll save in the 3rd option in the book icon.
 4) Marry, self explanatory.

3) 4U app, again self explanatory. There are many threads pertaining to this topic.

4) Touch spot. I'm guessing it opens up the NFC and let's the tamagotchi you connect it to to go on an adventure. My garden grew this way. If you connect it a lot your garden will grow and your house will change.

I will make a video showing all icons because I know reading something isn't as effective as watching it in action. I hope this cleared up a lot of questions and problems people had with the connecting. Again, you only need to select the icon you want on ONE tama, it'll then prompt you to connect and it'll do the option you selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh I worked it out XD

After the fail screen one of them exited and that's how it worked :D

Thank you so so so so so so much :D :D :D

No problem, I was going to say that you probably didn't notice it was a failed screen, I did that too a couple of times until i figured it out :p

This post has been very helpful in terms of getting me more familiarized specifically with the connection icon. However, I'm still having trouble connecting my two 4U for marriage. I have a boy and a girl and yes, I'm only activating the connection icon on one of the units. I get as far as getting the NFC screen to appear on the one I didn't activate the connection icon on (so I guess that means the NFC is registering), but then I get a failed screen on one, and then it just stays that way no matter how long I wait, until they both exit out of the connection screen altogether and no connection has been made. I'm able to play the connection mini game without any problems, so I'm unsure as to what the problem might be. Am I missing something? Anyone willing to shed some light?

I'm going to marry off my two 4U's tomorrow. I'll let you know what's going on and see if I can help you :)
Thank you. If anyone could walk me through it just to make sure I'm doing things right, that would be much appreciated. :) The menus within menus within menus on the 4U can be a little daunting sometimes!

Humm... strange. Same thing is happening to me :huh:

I'll ask someone to translate the screens for me so we can figure it out :)

Humm... strange. Same thing is happening to me :huh:

I'll ask someone to translate the screens for me so we can figure it out :)
Strange, right? I ended up just taking my guy and gal each to the matchmaker separately, and I have two girls now, but it would be really cool to try and figure out what's going on for the next time.

Previously, I wondered if it might be a "requirement" sort of thing...like we need to have a certain item in our treasure chest, or we need to be on a certain generation, or we need to have connected a certain amount of times, before we can successfully marry but if that were the case, I think the Tamagotchi would somehow tell us, rather than show the failed screen. Maybe it's more of a connection thing.

In this case, that would be great if you could find out what that screen after selecting "marry" says (the screen with the 3 options). I wish I had taken a picture of it to post here (because it won't let me access it since my character isn't an adult, I'm assuming). Currently, only the second option garners any sort of reaction. I'm assuming the third option means "cancel" because it takes me back to the screen that has the "marry" option on it. I have no idea what the first option is. Anyway, looking forward to the translations, and thanks so much again for all your help with this, and for providing the information in your original post. I've scoured the net and, probably because this Tamagotchi is still so new, haven't found much information on the connection icon, strangely enough.

Thank you for posting the video and demonstrating the trick to get the two 4U to marry! :) I would also very much like to know what the menu text says (and what she says to Mametchi too) but at least the main mystery is solved!

I ended up doing the date place this time around (impatience won over :D ). The animations are the same - you still get a "lifetime flashback."

A member from the Facebook group (Tamagotchi Ancestors, her name is Winter, I don't know if she has a TT or TZ account) helped me translate some of the text:

Around 2:20 - second option is Edit Message, third option is Message History

Around 2:53 - "Test compatibility?" and then it says something like your friendship power is max!

Around 3:08 - Friends list updated

Around 6:10 - first option is Held Items, second option is Shop (Maybe? Although I don't really know why it only has Rolatchi's background) and under the Shop option the options are Living, Mini Games, Destinations, Meal, Snack.

And finally, when Mametchi proposed, he's actually the one talking. He says something like "The temperature of my feelings for you is over 100 degrees! Will you marry me?" xD

Ha! Smooth talker, that Mametchi. :p

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what do the 3 options under the MARRY selection say? I'm assuming since you mentioned in your video that you had to first select MARRY on both, and then select differing/opposite options on the next menu, that those options may be something like, PROPOSE on one, and ACCEPT on the other? I know the third option is something like CANCEL because it takes me right back to the previous menu where the MARRY option is.

EDIT: I hope you don't mind that I moved your topic to the Tips and Tricks section. I really think this topic would be helpful for others as well. :)

Yes, on the marry option there are 3 selections:

• Propose
  • Receive proposal
  • Cancel
Hope this helped you!

(I don't mind at all :) )

I've got a question.

You know there's this Tamagotchi 4U banner that you can send over from the app?

I've successfully sent it over but have no idea where i should go to apply it. Going to the book icon only gives me the option to delete it. Can't seem to find the banner in the store.

Anyone knows how to use it?

Never mind. Solved it.

Banner needs to be sent over to the 4U but will only turn up on Tamagotchi's bday which is 11/23. It automatically appears when the 4U is set to that date.

Hi, i have a question

hope you can help me, on tamagotchi 4u , the house and garden can upgrade just by using NFC (touch spot) or can do it by playing too? , thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back