Your fave artists?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborutchi

Reaction score
I would love to know about your favourite artists! ^_^ If there's any reason behind your liking for them, I would love to know too.

And, with artists I mean ANY kind of artist - poets, filmmakers, singers, painters... Anything!

theres a couple of people on tumblr (who i won't reveal fro privacy reasons) who i enjoy very much

My personal favorites are Claude Monet and Henri Matisse, each for different reasons, but both for the way they choose to handle and treat form and color; both pivotal to the development of any painting. While looking at them individually there isn't much that there could be said they have in common I find it interesting that they both choose to approach their subjects the way they do. In the end I can do very little to explain why I like them the way I do. It would potentially take an entire essay on how I view art and what I try to accomplish through 'my' art to even start touching on great artists like that.and then there's surely much to be learned by those that came before and the history of art. All in all, art is meant to be experienced by the individual and for the individual so even if I were to explain in painstaking detail the 'why' it would still differ from person to person.

... art is meant to be experienced by the individual and for the individual so even if I were to explain in painstaking detail the 'why' it would still differ from person to person.
Yeah, I know! What I actually meant to say was if there was a special reason. Like if you knew them in a special time in your life, or after a certain event and you started liking them because of that. I think I didn't explain myself properly and I'm not sure if I did now :p

ok so i went to a convention yesterday and there was this artist (her tumblr is krazehcakes. don't worry its safe for work) and OH MY GOODNESS her art was AMAZING!!!! i bought 8 pins and an Ib poster from her, and i even gave her an extra dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back