Buying new Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve_Requiem

Reaction score
Everything about expanding your collections:

How often do you buy new tamas? Do you consider yourself a collector? What's on your wishlist, and why? Do you budget yourself every month? Where do you buy them? How much would you pay for a tama?

Basically, a thread to talk about Tama collecting and buying.

How often do you buy new tamas? Not too often. I usually only add to my collection if I have extra money, or if a new version comes out.

Do you consider yourself a collector? Kinda.

What's on your wishlist, and why? A TMGC+C. It looks like a really cute version.

Do you budget yourself every month? Not really. I need to, though. :p

Where do you buy them? Ebay or Amazon.

How much would you pay for a tama? Depends. No more than $150 or something, I guess.

hmmm, i think i buy new tamas every 2-3 months, i also do it for christmas and good report cards xd but somehow, it's still around every 2-3 months lol

yesh, i do.

p1/p2, entama and loads of other tamas xd (hence me being a collector lel). those tamas seem really fun to me and i'd love to get my hands on them :D

neeyope lol

ebay. ebay is my BFF when it comes to ordering tamas

depends on what kind of tama. i'd never spend 80 dollars or something on a v4 when there's a much cheaper one. But for an ID, 80 dollars is quite cheap i think

one more thing: POTATO

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually buy a tama or two once every couple of months on average. I look around for great deals on the particular version I wish to purchase (as long it's the right color, and it works properly (if used)). Yes, I am a collector, and have been for quite some time, and I do set aside money for this purpose. I usually buy online at sites such as ebay and Amazon, but ebay most frequently. Sometimes I get lucky at Walmart, Target, or Kmart, but this dosen't happen too often. I also look in places like Goodwill or other thrift store. At thrift stores, I wouldn't pay any more than a couple of dollars, and have gotten some good deals there. My Santaclautch is an example. We all know how much they are on a site such as ebay. I got my green one at a Goodwill for $25, and it was brand new in the box. That was a super lucky find. Online, I look at the prices + shipping before I make a decision about buying the tama, and also at the seller's feedback (must be at least 98% positive), and whether or not if I dealt with the seller before. ETA: The tama's condition is also a factor. If used, it must look nearly new, and must be working. I do not even consider a used tama if the seller only provides a "stock" photo. And if something isn't clear in the pics, I always ask questions before committing to buy. ETA 2: The only thing on my wishlist is a 4U (blue). I just want one because I've read everyone's experiences with it, and it's a color version that really looks nice.

How often do you buy new tamas? Not very often, yet. I'm waiting to have a steady income available for me to make regular purchases. Once I have that, I'll probably buy new tamas way more often.

Do you consider yourself a collector? I consider myself to be a budding collector. Once I have a job and money, I can become a full-fledged collector.

What's on your wishlist, and why? I have a large wishlist, as I don't have a big collection yet. Angelgotchis, Oceangotchi, Morino, Entamas, Santaclautchis, v4, v4.5, v3, v5, v6 and a P's are all on my wishlist. I may want a Tama-Go at some point, too.

Do you budget yourself every month? Not yet, but when I have my job, I will be including Tamagotchis into my monthly budget. How much I can spend will depend on the job I get and my pay, of course.

Where do you buy them? Ebay and Amazon are the only websites I've tried.

How much would you pay for a tama? The most I've paid so far was $38.59 for my iD L, but I'd be willing to pay more for the more rare Tamas, like an Ocean, Morino or a Santaclautchi.

• I don't buy tamas too often, not as often as I'd like to! Maybe once or twice a year.

I think I could consider myself somewhat of a collecter. I have about 15, that's a pretty decent amount.
Wishlist... hmm.... Well, I am looking forward to getting a 4U for Christmas. Besides that, I'm not sure.
I don't exactly budget myself, I don't buy often enough to do so!
I buy on eBay almost always! I've bought from Amazon once or twice though. But to be fair, most of my collection actually comes from the days when tamas were often in stores, and I bought them in person.
The most expensive tama I have is an iD L, and I believe that was about $60-$70 when I got it. I hadn't actually paid for that one. But depending on the tama, I might be willing to pay a bit more!

I've only got 3 right now... A V4.5 (black with yellow flames), a V5 (the pink one with the "I love my family" logo) and a V5.5 (the silver one with the pink stars and cameras), but some days ago I ordered the purple version of the Tamagotchi iD L (English Version). :wub:

I've also got the blue American version of the Tamagotchi Friends in my wishlist, but no money right now... I'll probably get it for Christmas though! ;)

It's great to see how everyone does their shopping! I've been having trouble budgeting myself recently, and have ended up spending wayyyy too much on tamas! I just wanted to know how everyone else paces themselves, and things like that. How do you decide what to put on your wishlist or buy next? I always have trouble picking. I try and go for a version that I don't have yet, and if I can't decide what version I want, then I'll buy a version that I already have and really like. The only versions I have duplicates of are the Music Star, Tama-go, and the Id L, but I've been on the prowl for another V3.

How often do you buy new tamas? Inconsistently. As of this past week, I now have most of what I want in my collection.
Do you consider yourself a collector? Yup. I got a small wall display with a few shelves. I also have a collection of Dreamcast VMUs from 3 years ago...I'm forever hunting an elusive Code:Veronica VMU.
What's on your wishlist, and why? A white P's because I want to remove the faceplate and add a custom design underneath the plastic top. I'm thinking of some crazy rainbow-swirl-pixels design but haven't picked out anything specifically.
Do you budget yourself every month? Nope but maybe I should!
Where do you buy them? Ebay (or Amazon occasionally). I keep saved searches on eBay.
How much would you pay for a tama? Depends. My most expensive was my green iD L (English) but that's the one I actually run daily so I'm ok with the cost. Typically I am to pay around $30.

Here's my collection as of a week or so ago - I've since added a V4.5 (that's the one with the star on the antenna, right?)
UYtKUnB.jpg

Is it okay to bring this topic back from the dead? Well i'm doing it!​

Eve! I saw your other thread and It seems you and I are in the same boat, I just recently got back into collecting/playing with Tamas!​

This week I picked up the Tamagotchi Friends for cheap since it was a black friday sale and that started the itch to get back into them haha. I picked up an English ID L and a Tamagotchi P's this week. It was a big purchase and i'm a poor college student but I think it was worth it! I think when you get back into a collecting hobby it is easy to buy buy buy right away. That's deff what I did anyway haha!​

I think after these two new Tamas get here i'll be good for awhile. I'll slow down to an easy pace of buying in no time. Browsing eBay is just as addicting as buying most of the time!​

I think my wish list right now is pretty small, I bought the Tamas I wanted the most! I am not super into the 4Us yet, the shells aren't very pretty imo. I'm probably looking into buying an Entama next!​

I have this habit of buying tamagotchis in bulk. I'll usually feel guilty about wanting one tamagotchi, and when I finally give in and come to terms with the fact that I'm going to buy it I start looking around on eBay for others (especially if it's from the same seller)... I figure if I'm going to order something overseas that will take weeks/a month to arrive, I might as well pick up some other stuff too and save on shipping. :D I buy a tamagotchi whenever a new model comes out (I just bought the anniversary edition, last time I bought a tama was the 4U 3 months ago), or when it drops down to a reasonable price. The most I've ever bought at once is 5 tamas. The most I've ever spent on a single tamagotchi was $80 for a purple English iD L. I don't think I would ever spend more on a single tamagotchi, I would also never spend more than $150 on a bundle of tamagotchis (like that 5 tama haul I was telling you about earlier).

I do consider myself a collector, but I only collect what I like. I'm not as into completing the tama catalog as others are, but I do like having one tamagotchi from every generation. I don't really have a wishlist. There are many tamagotchis that I am still missing (a few connections, the Tama-Go, rarer ones like the devilgotchi and santaclautchi) but they don't really appeal to me enough for me to feel compelled to have them in my collection.

How often do you buy new tamas?

I try to buy new Tamagotchi stuff every month, sometimes I buy every week.

Do you consider yourself a collector?

No. I buy for the fun of Tamagotchis and don't care about condition, value, etc, plus I play with all my Tamagotchis instead of leaving them in packaging. And I don't really pay attention to how many Tamagotchis I have.

What's on your wishlist, and why?

I want a TamaWalkie, because I had one a while back and it was so much fun

An Arukotch, because Arukotchi is so cute and I like the dating concept

A Tamagotchi School 1 because I have a Tamagotchi School 2 and I would love to try the games on the first one

Do you budget yourself every month?

I spend 95% of my money on Tamagotchi stuff. I don't stop buying until I run out of money and need to get more, lol

Where do you buy them?

Yahoo Japan mostly. Sometimes classifieds.

How much would you pay for a tama?

$10 is the maximum I pay nowadays. I find some pretty good deals.

I don't have a source of income yet, so I can't purchase any new tamas unless I get Birthday or Christmas money.

I don't consider myself a collector... yet. I plan on collecting when I get a job.

My wishlist right now is a set of Mesutchi and Osutchi and a P's.

I don't get money every month, so I don't budget.

So far I have bought every one of my tamagotchis in a store or on Ebay.

I'm not able to pay much for a Tama at the moment, so $10-$15 is about my limit. When I get a job I'll definitely have a small Tamagotchi fund that I can build up.

I think I might have purchased one tamagotchi this year entirely. It was my first tamagotchi colors, the orange and black p2.

I used to, honestly. I have over 50 tamagotchis and virtual pets, but the past few times I have been 'into' playing, it has always been the new color ones. I don't find the ancestors interesting anymore, and I want to piece off my collection.

I want a couple 4Us and maybe a P.

No, because I rarely purchases tamas anymore.

Where do you buy them?

Purchased them on ebay, amazon, some Japanese toy site, and even from here.

Depends on the tamagotchi, but I won't pay more than 50-60. Not interested in collecting just for the sake of collecting anymore.

Not too often anymore. I already have most of the Tamagotchis I want to collect, so my buying has slowed down considerably. I bought a tamagotchi earlier this week, but the one before that was the Tamagotchi Friends quite a few months ago.

Yes. I collect rare shells designs - both to play, and to keep mint.

Hmm. I would like to collect more of the special Asian design P1/P2s. Top of my wishlist is the Ciao Uratama... it is the most beautiful shell I have ever seen.

No - I don't buy much these days.

Where do you buy them?

Mostly eBay & Yahoo Japan, and occasionally Amazon & random Japanese sites.

Lots. The most I've ever paid is $300, which was for a rare iD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back