Unfair prices around the world.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitbot

Reaction score
Something has been bugging me for a long time: unfair prices around the world. Let's see how prices compare between countries. The PS4, for example:

England: 380 pounds

Europe: 400 euros

America: 400 dollars

Do these prices seem similar? hmm? Well, here are the conversions:

In US dollars:

England: 595

Europe: 501

United States: 400

In euros:

England: 474

Europe 400

America 319

In pounds

England : 380

Europe: 320

America: 255

See? These prices are very unfair. (I may have made some mistakes; I will fix them as soon as I can.)

Please post your opinion below.

Last edited by a moderator:
The standard price of a Playstation 4 that doesn't come with any games or anything in Australia is $548 AUD.

Which is:

473 USD

377 Euro

301 Pounds

CS6 Master prices

From the perspective of people who live in the UK, it's almost cheaper to fly to the United States to buy Photoshop.

I find this extremely unfair, why do I have to pay 40$ for a TFs when americans get it for 20$?

People usually say it's because in the UK/Europe we get payed more, but that's not really true... What if I work for an american copany and I get paid in USD? Buying stuff here is double the US price, so it would be like working for half the money an american would get...

And buying stuff from the US doesn't make it any better, because shipping doubles the price most of the time, so all we can do is deal with it and feel poorer than americans -_-

Un. Fair. :( This is why I hate our country's economy. XD

That's all it is, really. If you ever get into economy, you'll see that these prices, although they may not look fair at all, are subject to your country's... Economy... (I've repeated that word way too many times, haven't I....?!)

So while I'd love to fly off to the US and pick up a PS4... It would save me loads! But the stretch my wallet experiences from buying from England would probably be the same as someone who lives in, say France.

In this case it's not necessarily money differences, it's how much inflation is pumped into the eco system, and how much value the money actually has....

That's the theory anyway.

And I might be totally wrong.

Or I most probably have explained it totally wrong.

But yes.

Breif grasp-ation. (That is a word, right?!)

Prices can be unfair all over the world depending on income. There are people living in America who feel that our prices are too high because they have low-paying jobs and can't afford even domestic prices. Especially expensive luxury items such as the PS4. So basically, prices vary worldwide, but so does household income. You have to take both national economy and personal finances into account! The U.S. is especially notorious for having HUGE economic disparities in different communities. Super-rich live in the same cities as the super-poor here.

Tamagotchi connection versions were always $39.99 when they first came out ;o I got my V5.5 at a half-price sale for about $20 ouo;

Here in NZ, when a Tamagotchi connection version came out it would be about $20, but the Tama-Go's were $30

^ My ID Le was $50 when I bought it at Myer, but it was normally $60 in Sydney, must've been different in Melbourne

I'm a PC gamer, tweaks and upgrades are the equivalent to new consoles...

Though I play some console games, like Super Scribblenauts for the DS and BattleBlock Theatre on the 360...

The world would not necessarily be better off with one currency. What if things go south one year and inflation rapidly renders all our savings useless? :p hahaha, savings, I wish

^^ And this hasn't already happened? Prices for even just the basics are ridiculous!!! Take gas for your car for instance. The prices may be coming down (at least in some parts of America), but they are still high. We're paying $2.78 a gallon. Electricity keeps going up (thank goodness I have solar). And food. If we didn't have a garden every year, and didn't do home canning, we'd starve. I'm glad I made some deals with local farmers (by barter), so we don't spend that much for food. My Thanksgiving and Christmas turkeys just cost me vegetables, not money, and they will be fresh. I think people need to get back to basics, and start to be more self-sufficient.

But you have to have money to start with in order to be self-sufficient

if you have no money to invest, you're stuck :p like a lot of people here in the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back