Pokemon ORAS: General Discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you get OR or AS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkalila

Reaction score
General discussion of the full game, questions, finding friend who play it too, etc!

I got Alpha Sapphire!

I just caught a shiny lotad, is it just me or...?!?

A shiny?! Like, that fast?! I caught it not even 45 minutes into the game!

I think it's just you, you got lucky!! I have alpha sapphire too, even though I heard less people got it than ruby.

Im think maybe they upped the shiny rate? The only shinies i've ever seen were in Y in the friend safari. (Where the shiny chances were upped)

I've been playing pokemon for years, sonce Emerald and just

Wow. Im in so much shock. xD

How far are you? My team so far is Treecko, Ralts and Shroomish!

Im think maybe they upped the shiny rate? The only shinies i've ever seen were in Y in the friend safari. (Where the shiny chances were upped)

I've been playing pokemon for years, sonce Emerald and just

Wow. Im in so much shock. xD

How far are you? My team so far is Treecko, Ralts and Shroomish!
treecko is my starter too!! i got past the first gym today. my team is a mess, i'm basically just catching every wild pokemon i can find.

treecko is my starter too!! i got past the first gym today. my team is a mess, i'm basically just catching every wild pokemon i can find.
Im catching lots of pokemon too, filling up the pokedex is gonna kill me though.

I still cant get over how cute Brendan's facial expressions are! And Wally looks so super cute aaaa

Im catching lots of pokemon too, filling up the pokedex is gonna kill me though.

I still cant get over how cute Brendan's facial expressions are! And Wally looks so super cute aaaa
omg yea they're so cute!!

i still haven't figured out how to transfer over some of my pokemon from x, i'm hoping i won't have to buy pokebank.

If you've used pokebanks free trial already, you're gonna have to buy it. :C

Im probably gonna end up buying it too, sonce i have lots of pokemon i still havent transfered from bw to x and y yet. xD

Butim like fangirling so hard. I want to keep playing but im in bed at a friends house and there arent plugins by her bed. The STRUGGGGLE

If you've used pokebanks free trial already, you're gonna have to buy it. :C

Im probably gonna end up buying it too, sonce i have lots of pokemon i still havent transfered from bw to x and y yet. xD

Butim like fangirling so hard. I want to keep playing but im in bed at a friends house and there arent plugins by her bed. The STRUGGGGLE
I didn't even know there was a free trial. :0

tru struggle tbh.

i don't have a copy yet, but i'm gonna go for alpha sapphire!

i just like kyogre better than groudon, but all the legendaries i want are on ruby xd (like reshiram and latios)

i can't wait to get my copy, but i have a feeling i'll like the old gba version better, due to nostalgia and the pixel graphics, which i LOVE

nonetheless, still looking forward to it so so so much!

also, i don't think you need pokemon bank to trade pokemon over from pokemon x :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got both. It's been my tradition to get all the versions since I got both Ruby and Sapphire back in high school. So much nostalgia. I'm playing Alpha Sapphire at the moment.

i just like kyogre better than groudon, but all the legendaries i want are on ruby xd (like reshiram and latios)

i can't wait to get my copy, but i have a feeling i'll like the old gba version better, due to nostalgia and the pixel graphics, which i LOVE

also, i don't think you need pokemon bank to trade pokemon over from pokemon x :D
There are pixel graphics that are reused in this version from the original ruby and sapphire games. It'll still give you that sense of nostalgia. :3 You'll see what I mean when you play.

If you have another 3ds you can trade from x/y to oras, but you might have to get the national dex first before you can transfer over your pokemon

I have A.S. I choose Mudkip. Transferred over wondertrades from X/Y, yes with Bank. I bulked up with Cyndiquil, Chikorita and some others I have always wanted to run a game with. You just need the pokedex and to have been to a pokemon center pc.

You can likely trade regular. Just know some numbers won't show up until later.

I love the random pop up pokemon and... Sneaky walk. Aka, Walk like an Egyptian. I nearly died when I realized.

A guy at my school beat the game, my friend is about to beat the game as well.

I got AS yesterday, even though I like Reshiram more than Zekrom. I was going to choose between Mudkip and Torchic, but I chose Torchic. So far I've defeated the first Gym leader.

*twitches* about Reshi and Zekrom... In game?

I prefer my Jhoto starters vs the Hoenn starters. Chikorita seems... Stat changed? Idk. Can take shots that I don't think Chikorita regularly would? (poison, weaknesses) I could just be real lucky.

nice choice, alpha sapphire for the win! i chose AS because i wanted to battle team aqua, not because of the legendaries.

I got both. It's been my tradition to get all the versions since I got both Ruby and Sapphire back in high school. So much nostalgia. I'm playing Alpha Sapphire at the moment.

There are pixel graphics that are reused in this version from the original ruby and sapphire games. It'll still give you that sense of nostalgia. :3 You'll see what I mean when you play.

If you have another 3ds you can trade from x/y to oras, but you might have to get the national dex first before you can transfer over your pokemon
those pixel graphics were like a kick in the gut. and nah, i don't, i think i'm gonna have to buy pokebank.

Get Pokebank. It is so helpful and easier then trading over like the older days...

The thing I want back. Mystery Gift. They could do so much with that for the hideouts and such. The between friends version like the GBC Silver/Gold/Crystal. Even though we have it, it doesn't seem the same.

I love this version so far.

just noticed in my last post i ended my sentence with "x" ._.

mystery gift is gone?o.o

that's too bad...oh well, so be it lel

So far I only have 8 gym badges, but I haven't beaten the Elite Four yet. I always focus on trying to fill the Pokedex as much as possible before I do. Right now in game I'm just training and trading on the GTS. :D

Edit: btw I have Alpha Sapphire! Eventually I want to get Omega Ruby as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have either but I want OR because it has better Pokemon than AS in my opinion.

I'd choose Treecko. It's my favorite starter of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back