Kinda dim screen on v4.5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourworld

Reaction score
I just got it (used) in the mail today :D yay! The screen is not really that bad, but comparing it to my v1, it's a bit annoying lol. My v1 is much brighter/higher contrast than this one. So I was wondering if there's anything I can do. Can I raise the contrast or something on a jinsei plus? It's a jinsei plus. Or anything else? :)

Is it just something that v4.5 is built with? slightly dimmer screen than v1's? I'm just curious :)

I already tried putting new batteries in. But again, if there's no answer for this, it's not that big of a deal. The screen is working fine, and I can see it.

Oh and also tried pushing a+b on the clock screen. But not sure if that's right..

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot change the contrast on the V4.5. Some units are manufactured with brighter/darker screens than others. For example, my V4.5 is so dark that the whole screen looks almost totally black. I guess you just got a lighter V4.5

Or, some versions could have darker screens. I noticed my Version 1 does have a pretty dark screen. (dark as in easy to see pixels). On later versions, they probably made the screen lighter to save batteries.

Finally, it could be that the batteries you are using are bad quality. Be sure to use popular brands of batteries because really cheap batteries can work poorly.

You cannot change the contrast on the V4.5. Some units are manufactured with brighter/darker screens than others. For example, my V4.5 is so dark that the whole screen looks almost totally black. I guess you just got a lighter V4.5

Or, some versions could have darker screens. I noticed my Version 1 does have a pretty dark screen. (dark as in easy to see pixels). On later versions, they probably made the screen lighter to save batteries.

Finally, it could be that the batteries you are using are bad quality. Be sure to use popular brands of batteries because really cheap batteries can work poorly.
Thank you :) . I think it might just be the screen. Switched batteries, to some different ones, still the same

I know that the reflective paper in the back of the lcd screen sometimes affects brightness/contrast, so if you don't like it you can always open up the tama and change it.

Could you show us a picture so we can get a better idea of what you're talking about? Sometimes, it's the viewing angle that people have problems with.

2yyry8h.jpg
Sure

29xi60y.jpg

Also, keep in mind the v4.5 on the right, has more light on it, than my v1 in this picture

It's just the obvious difference that bothers me a bit. It's even more obvious irl :b. I've grown more accustomed to it now though. As long as it wont get worse

That's about how I remember my V4.5 :p

By the time I bought an older model, I'd already sold my V4.5, so I guess that's why I didn't make the connection. Huh.

EMF seems to see something off too, though. Might be a coincidence that we both had defects or something

That's about how I remember my V4.5 :p

By the time I bought an older model, I'd already sold my V4.5, so I guess that's why I didn't make the connection. Huh.

EMF seems to see something off too, though. Might be a coincidence that we both had defects or something
Ah okay haha. At least it's not that abnormal :p As long as I'm not the only one (Y)

I always blamed the background "paper" for that. For some reason, the V4.5 background paper is very dark so it makes the pixels seem lighter. If you're comfortable with your skills, you could change the "paper" out to something less dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back