If the 20th Tamagotchi Anniversary comes, what would happen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticalMaster

Reaction score
So fans: What would you think might happen at the 20th Tamagotchi anniversary of 2016?

For me, I think that not only Bandai would do another Japanese-origin-only Tamagotchi thing, but they probably might do another international release too. What do you think about the odds it'll happen, despite that Tamagotchi is still mediocre over seas? (That mediocre thing, I'm just saying if Tamagotchi is still mediocre.)

20 years is a decent milestone, so there would have to be SOMETHING that makes it stand out from other anniversaries. It would be good to have a version with characters from all eras, like what they did for the 15th Anniversary. An anime with both new and old characters would be pretty good also.
Agreed completely with this post! The anniversary anime could be treated similarly to that of other anniversary seasons from shows that Bandai Japan owns the merchandising rights to - they did an excellent job with Gokaiger (Japanese version of Power Rangers Super Megaforce which was their 35th anniversary season and was also handled much better than what we got) and the final three or four episodes of Digimon Fusion where they bought the main characters from the first five seasons back (Though these episodes haven't been dubbed yet) so I have high hopes for such a season if they do so for Tamagotchi's 20th.

Furthermore, the Digimon series got some neat stuff for its 10th and 15th anniversaries in Japan, despite there not being an anime airing during the former. For the 10th anniversary, we got the Digimon Twin v-pet which featured the first appearances of VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon (Powered up and redesigned versions of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon) as well as a 10th anniversary "posterboy Digimon" in the form of Dracomon, who had a complete line introduced as that year went on. For the 15th anniversary, we got a Digimon Adventure (Season 1) PSP game, not one but two "posterboy Digimon" in the form of Hackmon and Gankoomon (And again they revealed Hackmon's line as the year went on), revealing the final Digimon that were part of the Royal Knights, Banchos, and Olympus 12 that hadn't been revealed yet as the year went on, a new version of the original Digivice that adds Hackmon and his line to the playable lineup, and the announcement of a third season of Digimon Adventure which will air in 2015.

The point I'm making is that Bandai Japan has proven that they treat all of their licenses really well on certain anniversary years (Can't say the same about Bandai America though, but I won't rant about that in detail anymore). Expect something huge should we see Tamagotchi get to its 20th anniversary - I can see a super hype megaton being dropped as it has happened with Bandai's other licenses before (As well as the Tamagotchi iD L 15th which is still awesome to this day). :)

Like they had a poll for determining the characters of the 15th Anniversary iD L, they could have another poll for characters that will be in the 20th anniversary anime :p

It would most likely be alive in Japan. 15th anniversary was 3 years ago! Can't go wrong with two more years. :)

I want something as amazing as what they did with the 15th anniversary iD L, I still believe thats the best version ever ^_^

And for the 15th anniversary they also released a HUGE poster with A LOT of tamagotchis from EVERY generation, even Kikitchi's sisters were there! And I know they released more 15th anniversary merchandise, but don't know what else it was xD

And rather than a new poll I would want ALL the characters from the previous one to be featured, there are soooooooo many characters that I would have wanted to appear in the Tamagotchi, but I loved all the ones that were chosen too, and I would also want some new characters from the anime to appear (Pukutchi, Mofumofutchi plz), I just wanna see them all :p

Hopefully the 20th anniversary will be something as huge as the 15th, the 17th only got a simple transformation pierce and 18th just a 4U shell, nothing really exciting xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back